blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:48:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530871 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 27, 2016, 07:36:38 PM »

Woke up this morning feeling great as its Legs Day!!

I'm still leaving RDL off leg day and adding it to the end of upper body and also dropped single leg reverse lunges but added leg ext and calf raises and prior to injury and a form check last weekend with Harvey where I did a box squat 1x3 @ 110kg my squats were 4x8 @ 70kg as my last exercise of the session but today despite being told to remain at 60% and adding the tweaks Harvey gave me the first set at 60kg X 10 reps felt too light so I went 80 X 8 the did the remaining 2 sets at 100kg for 8 reps and they flew up.

On the photos front I took some pre programme and at the end of phase one and yesterday always in the same place and clothes, light etc and will post the group of them when I finish this programme. 

That's crazy strength. Get someone to video next time to form check. For your own benefit as much as anyone else.

Remember to keep the bar close on RDL too and you're winning.

Seriously impressive squatting there Rich. What depth are you getting to? Do you break parallel?

Would definitely like to see a video to see your form. I've been thinking about doing a video of myself squatting to post on here but also to see for myself just how deep I go. Whilst I think I go pretty deep I can never be 100% certain as I've never seen them from the side....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 27, 2016, 11:38:35 PM »

Woke up this morning feeling great as its Legs Day!!

I'm still leaving RDL off leg day and adding it to the end of upper body and also dropped single leg reverse lunges but added leg ext and calf raises and prior to injury and a form check last weekend with Harvey where I did a box squat 1x3 @ 110kg my squats were 4x8 @ 70kg as my last exercise of the session but today despite being told to remain at 60% and adding the tweaks Harvey gave me the first set at 60kg X 10 reps felt too light so I went 80 X 8 the did the remaining 2 sets at 100kg for 8 reps and they flew up.

On the photos front I took some pre programme and at the end of phase one and yesterday always in the same place and clothes, light etc and will post the group of them when I finish this programme. 

That's crazy strength. Get someone to video next time to form check. For your own benefit as much as anyone else.

Remember to keep the bar close on RDL too and you're winning.

Seriously impressive squatting there Rich. What depth are you getting to? Do you break parallel?

Would definitely like to see a video to see your form. I've been thinking about doing a video of myself squatting to post on here but also to see for myself just how deep I go. Whilst I think I go pretty deep I can never be 100% certain as I've never seen them from the side....

Matt definitely get a video up, or send it me if you want a form check.

I can confirm when Rich was with me he was probably about as low as he could go that day. Definitely below parallel. Although as we spoke about his mobility could do with some work (who's couldn't). But was really impressed with his squat post tweaks.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 28, 2016, 10:27:25 AM »

So 5 days rest from the gym now, as I go away for a mini break. Really tough last few weeks of training, but I think with a break I could attack it again. But will decide on Tuesday, I have to plans I could go for, a follow on from what I am doing now, or a complete change and focus more on some hypertrophy focus.

Plan on eating everything and anything I want too, so really looking forward to a) feeling full and b) feeling 100% on the energy front. I only ever dropped to like 50-60% so always felt I could do something, but been a few times where I have had to change a few things in session as I ran out of steam.

Gonna attempt five days off coffee too, as I seem to be running out of the stimulation pretty hard with it.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 28, 2016, 10:53:21 AM »

So 5 days rest from the gym now, as I go away for a mini break. Really tough last few weeks of training, but I think with a break I could attack it again. But will decide on Tuesday, I have to plans I could go for, a follow on from what I am doing now, or a complete change and focus more on some hypertrophy focus.

Plan on eating everything and anything I want too, so really looking forward to a) feeling full and b) feeling 100% on the energy front. I only ever dropped to like 50-60% so always felt I could do something, but been a few times where I have had to change a few things in session as I ran out of steam.

Gonna attempt five days off coffee too, as I seem to be running out of the stimulation pretty hard with it.

Going anywhere, or just holiday at home?

I'll be doing the eating everything bit for a month while I'm in Vegas, and will probably be back over 19 stone when I get back Cheesy

My trainer is going away for a week on Thursday, so I'll be taking that week off, or going along with my brother the couple nights he goes.

Never catch me giving up coffee, though. No chance I could live without espressos!

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 28, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »

Just to Spain for the bank holiday. Hopefully I can catch some sun.

I am such a stim junkie. Have to try and take a week off every few months or I just adapt to it, and morale wavers when the stims don't work.

I don't think I will put any weight on. I think all the kcals are just gonna be used for repair and fill the muscles up.

Wouldn't recommend a month of it, but you only get one life right?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 28, 2016, 01:46:24 PM »

Just to Spain for the bank holiday. Hopefully I can catch some sun.

I am such a stim junkie. Have to try and take a week off every few months or I just adapt to it, and morale wavers when the stims don't work.

I don't think I will put any weight on. I think all the kcals are just gonna be used for repair and fill the muscles up.

Wouldn't recommend a month of it, but you only get one life right?

Always nice to get away, all the same. Was really nice in Tenerife when I was there for Chelts last month, and I can't imagine it'll be much different 5 weeks on.

I prob drink 4/5 espressos per day, but they're under 1 cal, and never effect my sleep or anything like that.

I am generally not too bad when I'm over there, but only normally do ~2 weeks, and will be staying for an extra 10 days to go and watch the UFC, and keep my mate company that is playing the main.

Always try to have fresh fruit for breakfast most days, and will usually have veg with steak, which will be most nights Smiley

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 30, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »

Really enjoying my new routine. I get the heavy lifts out of the way then work to failure for the rest of the session, finishing off with 3 hill sprints near my house which really empties the tank and hopefully my glycogen stores.

So far made some size increases (I believe the technical term is 'noob gains') and as long as I keep it up ill get stronger too. Got a lot of room for improvement in my diet but I don't think I'm capable of being overly strict in this area tbh. Enjoy a McDonalds every now and then a little too much
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 30, 2016, 06:22:45 PM »

Since Weds I have felt a touch flat and uninspired with food choices which is disappointing and this was combined with a feeling of having something stuck in my throat which in turn meant I had an overall lack of appetite for my clean eating.

It would have been pretty easy to just have a couple of bad days but I just kept eating good choices albeit maybe not enough calories from Weds through to today and skipped Fridays upper body day moving it to today and legs to tomorrow and despite not really feeling my 5.30 porridge with banana and a teaspoon of raw honey I managed a good session and for the first time tested myself with some unassisted chins (wide grip and close grip) which will now be added in at the start of upper body day.

I am doing this phase for 2 more weeks so we will see how this has improved at the end before entering the final 4 weeks of the program.

Will post a squat video next week after Weds session.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 30, 2016, 06:23:39 PM »

Really enjoying my new routine. I get the heavy lifts out of the way then work to failure for the rest of the session, finishing off with 3 hill sprints near my house which really empties the tank and hopefully my glycogen stores.

So far made some size increases (I believe the technical term is 'noob gains') and as long as I keep it up ill get stronger too. Got a lot of room for improvement in my diet but I don't think I'm capable of being overly strict in this area tbh. Enjoy a McDonalds every now and then a little too much

Glad to hear it's going well mate. Good stuff.

As for diet, I think most of us could do better, and definitely know I could Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 30, 2016, 06:46:04 PM »

I actually managed a few deadlifts on Thursday and they felt good. I went really light, just 60kg and focussed on form and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I wasn't planning on doing them but I did my squats followed up with RDL and as they were going really low it didn't seem much further to do a few deadlifts.

Finished off with some SLDL just with the bar and I can still feel it in my hams now.

I'm seriously considering having a session with someone just on deadlift RDL and squat to work on my form. Might have to give Sean a buzz to see how he's fixed seeing as he lives about five minutes away from me.

Watching those Alan Thrall videos has really made me want to focus on deads and squats to see just how heavy I can go. There is zero chance I'd have been considering this without this thread so have to say thanks Smiley

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 02, 2016, 12:17:31 PM »

So we're 1/3 of the way through the year and 1/3 of the way through my little press up challenge. Pleased to report that I'm slightly over 1/3 of the way there having just gone through the 9000 mark.

I'm currently doing 4 nights a week and approaching a total of 200 per night with my best so far being 193 over 6 sets. I'm sticking to 5 x 30 and then 1 x AMRAP for now. OCD won't allow me to do sets that don't end in a 0 or a 5 other than my final set so that's where I'm at for now.

I'll keep updating on these for the next 8 months........

PS: Arbboy said that this looked easy. He was wrong.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 03, 2016, 06:26:43 PM »

So we're 1/3 of the way through the year and 1/3 of the way through my little press up challenge. Pleased to report that I'm slightly over 1/3 of the way there having just gone through the 9000 mark.

I'm currently doing 4 nights a week and approaching a total of 200 per night with my best so far being 193 over 6 sets. I'm sticking to 5 x 30 and then 1 x AMRAP for now. OCD won't allow me to do sets that don't end in a 0 or a 5 other than my final set so that's where I'm at for now.

So impressed you are on track. I would suck at doing something like that so much unless it was in my program.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 03, 2016, 06:31:53 PM »

Started a new program today. focused around paused reps and contraction. Really enjoyed today, and after a bank holiday I am really optimistic as today would always be tough.

Starting relatively light, but looking to get quite aggressive with progress.

Bench is back on the program after around a year I think. Have no idea how that will go. Still goin to chase the elusive 200 for my deadlift, and looking for a 160-180 box squat too. 140 felt pretty easy today, but I wasn't on the plates (basically our benches are really high so unless I stand on plates I get to just above parallel so it's kinda lol).

Dropped to 4 days of training, and will throw in a 'whatever' day if I feel like I want to go again, and going to have a full on yoga/BW day too.

Food wise, after being pretty strict for 5 months, I am just gonna eat when I am hungry and see where I get to for this month.

Got down to 83kg which I am so happy with. Mentally need a little rest, I probably could squeeze out a few more weeks, but I don't want to burn out/break myself right now. Will be looking forward to doing it again, and will probably do it when I hit 88-90kg. I want to stay pretty lean over the next few years to work on the BW/gymnast kinda stuff. But very confident I can keep progressing with strength.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 03, 2016, 07:52:19 PM »

So impressed you are on track. I would suck at doing something like that so much unless it was in my program.

I've made it part of my evening routine whilst I'm cooking my dinner so now it's just something I do. I can't imagine not doing them now to be honest. Still seems a long slog but they're getting easier all the time and now it seems like all the previous niggling injuries have disappeared. Maybe it's the press ups that have helped make the injuries disappear...... Who knows.....

I'd highly recommend press ups as an assistance to your bench press. They've made a huge difference to mine and I reckon I'd be able to 1RM 140kg now.

I fancied a little change today for chest so did dumbbells for the first time in months. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular but I managed 28 x 8, 34 x 8, 42 x 6 and 46 x 6 without any problems. There's no way I'd have been doing that without a bit of build up and again I can only put it down to press ups.

Get on them!!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 03, 2016, 08:39:15 PM »

Read the last couple of pages, hope everyone is maintaining their pr0ogress!

Since my last post in late feb, I have been doing a lot less training, and just playing in goal twice a week, and doing the odd run. I think though i relaxed more with this, was less stressed and saw pretty good lean gains which had me baffled while maintaining the majority of muscle i have gained, still weighing in at around 15st. I think being much more relaxed helped me get more lean but that could be bollocks.

I would say i am benefitting from the hard work i put in earlier in the year with goalkeeping. I had a shaky return back from injury, mainly through lack of match practice which is understandable, costing my team a couple of games with terrible mistakes, but I am now really assured and through experience becoming a very potent player at this level and think a huge chunk of that is because I am more athletic. So thanks for the help there!

I left the thread confused about how to integrate all different training types and also avoidant to the notion of counting my protein intake and through the over complication of that I think i just gave up even trying to work it out and to put it into a routine. Definitely a mental game flaw there, but I return now primed to get a hang of it, have a good routine set up and blast it to see better and better results.

My last footie match for the season is tomorrow. After that I plan to go hard for pre pre season, and I want to know what i should be doing on the daily to achieve my goals, which are:

Have a longer goal kick: currently comes in at head height just inside my own half, when the better punters are reaching head height in the other half's end of the 'D'. This could be a technique problem but thats doubtful, defintiely more a power problem. Also my standing kick with my weaker foot needs to improve, so power in both legs would be helpful, this is definitely more a technique problem though, as most fotballers can attest to having a good foot and a "swinger" Smiley. Important note here is that before doing any plan my kicks were dreadful and there has been a marked improvement here. I can just see space for even more improvement because i haven't maximised my potential here at all.

Be more fleet of foot with sidestepping and jumping: I am quite quick already, but I don't feel i am maxing out my potential and that is annoying. This seems like plyometrics all day long to help with the agility but I never did put that into a previous plan.

Have a more powerful throw out: Seems a little tame at the moment, could do with more zip. Practicing the throw will help, plus building my power. Push ups seem like a great idea.

Have better lower back mobility: My squats are dreadful cannot go too far past parallel and i bend down or over quite slowly, im quite rigid here and it is affecting my ability to deal with low shots directly at me, and I have a couple of times lazily used my feet to save because i have no confidence with getting down as quickly as i need to. Flexibility work, squats, deadlifts, plyos (re enacting the saving motion) look good for this.

Currently I am without a gym having recently moved, and I am keen to work on body weights, hiit, plyos initially as a basis before then maybe building mass at a later date at the gym? I assume as power comes from speed and strength, if i work on the speed aspect with the non gym stuff i could be in a good position to add the strength at a later date, rather than merging everything. I think it would be better to bypass the gym initially, so i can get my head around the new training regime i will construct, but open to advice here i am unsure. Saying that i have dumbells at home i could be getting on with as well to help initially.

On the protein front I am going to ignore it for now, and I hope i don't get under people's skin with that. I really appreciate the advice away from diet. With the diet front I am first going to maximise what i can do physically, if i get the results i want then i maintain my way of eating. If i go all out and i don't get the results i want then i change up the diet. I quite like the idea that i will wait and see with it.

I tried some press ups after seeing Evilpie's antics, and i can string together 6 before i may start risking injury lol. I think with persistence that will get better, and i look forward to all the body weight stuff i will be doing.

So I guess, what would be a good basic starting plan for an hour a day, incorporating body weights, hiit, and plyos?

All i would like is a routine, that might be a 5 mins warm up, 5 mins dynamic stretching, ended with a 5 mins warm down and a 10 mins static stretch, then in between sets of body weight exercises like push ups, sit ups, squats, jacknives etc, maybe throw in some sets of intense sidesteps and jumps, maybe get some sprints on the go. I just don't know how to organise it into a routine to avoid overtraining and still get closer to my goals. Initially i am going to wing it until i know any better just to get up and running.

A hefty post to return with but oh well, I guess i was bottling it up Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: