blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530719 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: January 12, 2018, 10:31:39 AM »

5 x 3 at 130kg deadlift last night which felt pretty good. Form felt spot on and it seemed like I could've stuck an extra few kg on without any issues.

Accessories felt quite tough but I did them after DL whereas normally I do them first so they double as a warm up. Obviously doing things the opposite way round made DL easier but accessories harder. Makes sense of course.

Squats again tonight as well as OHP. Arm is feeling reasonable at the moment so I'm hoping it's on the mend and I'll get a decent session tonight and then manage to get a few extra kg on the bench tomorrow.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: January 12, 2018, 01:10:16 PM »

Was rared up to find a good gym and trainer - now had my results back from the last scan - when they did the lung op it turns out they say through the trauma  that damage has occurred to my heart vessel - which means in a nutshell if it ruptures - certain death - apparently it can be fixed we a bit of open heart surgery - which cant be done until they have sorted out the lung issue - (walking time bomb) so I am off to see the pain management team.

However, the good news is that the pain management team not only deal with the pain issue but dietary and exercise planning in order to keep things at bay. So the gym looks like it could be back on.

Having never really been a sporty person (I suppose darts and pool could be classed as a sport) I would like some recommendations for what type of gym wear and kit that I should be looking to purchase.

Thanks
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: January 12, 2018, 06:14:26 PM »

Glad that they've got you in th system, and hopefully with a team to help you're on the right path.

Always plenty of good heads here to point you in the right direction anyway, Mikey.

As for clothing, all I wear is shorts/tee, and a pair of trainers.

All the best!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: January 12, 2018, 06:15:20 PM »

5 x 3 at 130kg deadlift last night which felt pretty good. Form felt spot on and it seemed like I could've stuck an extra few kg on without any issues.

Accessories felt quite tough but I did them after DL whereas normally I do them first so they double as a warm up. Obviously doing things the opposite way round made DL easier but accessories harder. Makes sense of course.

Squats again tonight as well as OHP. Arm is feeling reasonable at the moment so I'm hoping it's on the mend and I'll get a decent session tonight and then manage to get a few extra kg on the bench tomorrow.

Glad your arm is feeling better, and hope next couple days go ok.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: January 12, 2018, 06:31:59 PM »

Was rared up to find a good gym and trainer - now had my results back from the last scan - when they did the lung op it turns out they say through the trauma  that damage has occurred to my heart vessel - which means in a nutshell if it ruptures - certain death - apparently it can be fixed we a bit of open heart surgery - which cant be done until they have sorted out the lung issue - (walking time bomb) so I am off to see the pain management team.

However, the good news is that the pain management team not only deal with the pain issue but dietary and exercise planning in order to keep things at bay. So the gym looks like it could be back on.

Having never really been a sporty person (I suppose darts and pool could be classed as a sport) I would like some recommendations for what type of gym wear and kit that I should be looking to purchase.

Thanks

So sorry to hear that! Food wise, I imagine its just a case of calorie control, exercise I really have no clue. Best let them give the advice. I tell anyone who sees me wear whats comfortable, you have to get in some weird and wonderful positions so last thing you need is to be restricted by clothing.

Hope it all resolves itself as smoothly as something like that can!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: January 12, 2018, 06:32:20 PM »

Voooolume with the DL there.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: January 12, 2018, 06:37:22 PM »

Nice week training, managed all five days this week with a rings/mobility gymnastic day on the Weds. Have a climbing afternoon on Sunday so will have an extra few portions of sushi tomorrow to make up for it.

Week in a glance

Squat 3x5 100-110 felt tough but hoping to push through to 120 there. Still nothing to shout out about but the movement feels better.
Bench 4x6-8 82.5kg. Really liking the bench technique at the minute. Good tension and smooth bar path.
Pull ups 2x8 neutral grip 1x7 and chins 1x5 basically do a mechanical drop kinda thing. As soon as I cant reach 8 in a set I go to the 'easier' grip.
DL 1x8 140 1x6 150 1x4 160 1x1 170.. absolutely horrific 170 rep so didn't even attempt one more. Little annoyed the technique just went out the window.
OHP 3x5 60 again, looking to just stay straighter before I add too much weight there.
Back on the leg press so tempo 3 seconds there three seconds back 140 for 3x10-12s

Nice week training, good food week so far, looking forward to next week.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: January 13, 2018, 07:49:19 PM »

Thanks

So sorry to hear that! Food wise, I imagine its just a case of calorie control, exercise I really have no clue. Best let them give the advice. I tell anyone who sees me wear whats comfortable, you have to get in some weird and wonderful positions so last thing you need is to be restricted by clothing.

Hope it all resolves itself as smoothly as something like that can!

Any PT or other person that offers any advice other than this is an idiot. That's assuming they know your circumstances as you've just explained.

Your situation is clearly very serious so you've got to just do as the doctor says. Make sure you tell them that you have a desire to exercise beyond what they recommend is essential to stay healthy. They'll likely tell you the minimum you need to do to work your heart, lungs etc. What you need to know is the maximum you can safely do so that you can get progress elsewhere other than heart maintenance.

Clothing just needs to be comfortable. Loose fitting tracksuit bottoms and a loose fitting tee shirt are ideal. I imagine in your situation the doctors will recommend something pretty low impact so it's possibly stretching/yoga/pilates type stuff. They certainly aren't going to tell you to aim for a 2.5x body weight deadlift. You need to be able to move all your joints through full range of motion without your clothes getting in the way so bear that in mind when making your purchase.

Good luck and please stick around. I'm fascinated to know how this progresses once you have further medical advice.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: January 13, 2018, 08:36:09 PM »

170kg deadlift didnt get more than 2 inches off the floor this week.  #xmasfoodandrestftw!  160 was easy enough.  Let's have xmas every other week and we would all be as strong as eddie.  Just watched all the WSM shows today.  How good were Eddie and Thor? Thor only a point behind him with a series of events which really suited Eddie.

Couldn't agree more with Thor, if you hand picked the events in Eddie's favour you would pretty much choose all of those, maybe a log press max too. Feel for Thor because I think he is the best all round athlete, and if he wins strongman could have a moneymaker effect with him being in Thrones. Really happy Eddie won tho, seems ridiculous you can be the best deadlifter to ever walked the earth and not officially be crowned WSM. Thor defo in for multiple WSM in the next few years injury/desire/TV work permitting.

Started watching the qualifiers last night and will probably see the final tonight. Love the idea of the eliminator event with the stones. Can't see how anyone other than the last guy entering the fray has a chance but that's obviously the idea as he's the man with the most points.

Eddie looks pretty lean this year despite being his heaviest ever whereas I thought Thor looked chunkier than usual.

I haven't watched Brian Shaw yet but I know from youtube videos he was looking pretty fat.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: January 13, 2018, 08:46:00 PM »

Excellent bench press session today with pretty much zero arm pain.

Last week I went no heavier than 100kg and that was with the slingshot to take some of the strain away. Surprised myself this week by getting up to 130kg raw and it moved really fast with no risk at all of needing a spot, certainly felt there was a bit more in the tank, probably enough for 135kg if I'd tried it. Training partner got a 160kg single to help keep me motivated Cheesy Pretty sure he's going to get 4 plates later this year and I'd be more than happy staying within 30kg of him.

Moved on to decline bench and got 2 x 8 at 120kg with the slingshot for some decent volume. Incline and machine press both really good as well.

Seems like the stretching routine has paid off this last week and possibly the OHP volume has helped as well. Going to stick with it for a bit longer as even if it's just in my head I'll take it if it's worth a few kg.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: January 14, 2018, 02:13:33 PM »

today is legs & shoulders.  i had stopped doing squats & replaced with leg press however with this thread i'm going to ask the instructor to help show me how to do squats properly, before i always hurt myself & just gave up, however time to get past that. 

expect to see some super low numbers later... a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Fantastic attitude Sov!!

Good luck and keep posting. It's helping me immensely having the extra motivation from here so stick around.

i can do squats now Smiley

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: January 14, 2018, 05:40:29 PM »

today is legs & shoulders.  i had stopped doing squats & replaced with leg press however with this thread i'm going to ask the instructor to help show me how to do squats properly, before i always hurt myself & just gave up, however time to get past that. 

expect to see some super low numbers later... a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Fantastic attitude Sov!!

Good luck and keep posting. It's helping me immensely having the extra motivation from here so stick around.

Welcome back Sov and great news about the squats  thumbs up

How's training in general? Have you been going consistently since you started? Noticed any positive changes?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: January 14, 2018, 09:12:32 PM »

Squats and OHP again tonight.

5th session of this and it's definitely getting easier as I've managed to cut the breaks down a bit between each set.

Sticking to 80kg squats and 60kg OHP unless it gets too easy which I can't see happening any time soon.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: January 15, 2018, 11:21:55 AM »

Fantastic attitude Sov!!

Welcome back, hows it been going? Any plans for this year or just to try and enjoy it?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: January 15, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »

Squats and OHP again tonight.

5th session of this and it's definitely getting easier as I've managed to cut the breaks down a bit between each set.

Sticking to 80kg squats and 60kg OHP unless it gets too easy which I can't see happening any time soon.

Definitely something I want to work on this year, just having a better engine and being able to recover in between sets quicker. Talk of a Sunday League 7 a side with some of my mates so I might intermittently do that, slight caveat is its in London so I will almost certainly be hungover/sleep deprived when I do it But do quite fancy some team sport.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: