blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534953 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: July 15, 2018, 01:46:01 PM »

Actually lost a stone in Vegas, and weighed in at 195 yesterday  Cheesy

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: July 15, 2018, 04:20:22 PM »

Actually lost a stone in Vegas, and weighed in at 195 yesterday  Cheesy

Boom
Best book a return trip it went so well  Grin Grin

So, what's the new target?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: July 15, 2018, 04:34:17 PM »

Actually lost a stone in Vegas, and weighed in at 195 yesterday  Cheesy

Boom
Best book a return trip it went so well  Grin Grin

So, what's the new target?

I had an assist, due to a bit of a bug the morning of my flight, and wasn't even sure I'd be able to leave my hotel room to travel. Thankfully the imodium did the trick, and I managed to make it home safely.

Parents love it even more than I do, and given I can't manage at home alone, it's looking like June 22nd -July 10th, lol.

I was aiming to weigh the same I did when I passed out of Raleigh in September 1999, which  was 194.

My PT is doing a show at the end of the month, so I'm swerving the gym until that's over, as I don't fancy being nearby while he's eating even less calories than me Cheesy

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: July 15, 2018, 11:09:45 PM »

Was a bit disappointed at my holiday photos from last week. I've been fairly consistent in the gym this year and you can sorta see it, but my BF is very dominant. I am the epitome of skinny-fat.

I need to clean up my diet otherwise i feel i may as well just give up. I bet i just don't realise how much crap i consume on a weekly basis. I've also got to attempt to stop drinking diet coke. I've never really read anything too scathing about it, but the quantity i drink (at least 1-2 cans a day) can't be doing me any favours.

4 days since coming home and i've just tried to avoid the refined or processed foods as much as i can and have my meals accompanied with greens. Also been having a ton of cottage cheese with just about everything as it seems to be a pretty good accompaniment taste and protein wise, do tell me if this might be bad Cheesy 

So far i feel this is sustainable and i feel better. I go away again in December and i really, really want to look decent by then! Gl me.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: July 15, 2018, 11:37:13 PM »

I'm a greedy fker, and you definitely can't outtrain a terrible diet, as my pics show Cheesy

I've been a fair bit better over the last year or so, and MyFitnessPal is the best thing going if you want to track everything. Great fun when you have a cheat day, too Grin

Diet Coke would be the least of my worries, and I'd be looking to get rid of the refined carbs, which are worst of all. Consistency is the key, and once you get that down, you're on the right track. Matt is probably the uber consistent one, who can stick to a very strict diet plan, other than his night out with Mr Hopkin, and curry nights etc.

I don't eat anywhere as cleanly as that, but have managed to shift a chunk, and I can't do cardio, either. Lucky for Blonde I don't know how to post pics, or I'd post a couple from 2016, and a couple I took yesterday when I got back.

Good luck, mate!

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: July 16, 2018, 02:58:32 PM »

Was a bit disappointed at my holiday photos from last week. I've been fairly consistent in the gym this year and you can sorta see it, but my BF is very dominant. I am the epitome of skinny-fat.

I need to clean up my diet otherwise i feel i may as well just give up. I bet i just don't realise how much crap i consume on a weekly basis. I've also got to attempt to stop drinking diet coke. I've never really read anything too scathing about it, but the quantity i drink (at least 1-2 cans a day) can't be doing me any favours.

4 days since coming home and i've just tried to avoid the refined or processed foods as much as i can and have my meals accompanied with greens. Also been having a ton of cottage cheese with just about everything as it seems to be a pretty good accompaniment taste and protein wise, do tell me if this might be bad Cheesy 

So far i feel this is sustainable and i feel better. I go away again in December and i really, really want to look decent by then! Gl me.

Let me help you out....
Diet Coke is terrible!

Click to see full-size image.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: July 16, 2018, 03:03:17 PM »

Matt is probably the uber consistent one, who can stick to a very strict diet plan, other than his night out with Mr Hopkin, and curry nights etc.

The man burns one pitta bread out of each pack to check they aren't lying about the calories.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: July 16, 2018, 03:09:12 PM »

Matt is probably the uber consistent one, who can stick to a very strict diet plan, other than his night out with Mr Hopkin, and curry nights etc.

The man burns one pitta bread out of each pack to check they aren't lying about the calories.

Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: July 16, 2018, 04:27:59 PM »

Finally moved in to my house on Monday so I had a couple of days off to sort a few bits out.

Decent training this week albeit just the 3 days.

I've got my squats back up to 100kg although I'm only doing singles. They feel good so I'm going to keep plugging away trying to add a bit here and there.

Bench today was good. Triples up to 117.5kg, couple of singles at 130kg moved well and slingshot doubles at 130kg with a really long pause again felt great.

I go away on Thursday so no bench next week. The plan is to put a bit of weight on when I get back and also do a bit of a programme leading to a PR attempt in about 5 weeks but will have to see how that goes. I'm quite enjoying bit a bit slimmer so might just accept being a bit weaker instead of banging on a few lbs just trying to add a bit to my max.

Whats current BW?

Weighed in yesterday at just over 100kg although I still have the remnants of a mostly cheeseburger and beer diet for the last 4 days to contend with. That'll be gone by Wednesday so I'll weigh in again on Saturday and see what happens.

All of my belts are set tighter than when I was 15st 4lb and also I managed to get in to an old pair of shorts with a 34" waist for my holiday. Nice for them to make a comeback.

Pull ups and OHP tonight so I get to find out if anything has happened strength wise. Should be fine so hopefully I'll manage 70kg again for triples. We shall see......

Still not decided whether to pile the calories in for a few weeks or stick to the diet. I'm loving how I feel about my shape right now so I might sacrifice a few kgs on the bench for a couple of inches on my waist. Really don't know what to do. Best bet is probably stick to reduced calories and see how the PR attempt goes. 130kg is moving well at the moment so maybe go for 140kg and just be happy at that. Once again..... I really don't know what to do.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: July 16, 2018, 04:51:39 PM »

Finally moved in to my house on Monday so I had a couple of days off to sort a few bits out.

I've got my squats back up to 100kg although I'm only doing singles. They feel good so I'm going to keep plugging away trying to add a bit here and there.

Bench today was good. Triples up to 117.5kg, couple of singles at 130kg moved well and slingshot doubles at 130kg with a really long pause again felt great.

I go away on Thursday so no bench next week. The plan is to put a bit of weight on when I get back and also do a bit of a programme leading to a PR attempt in about 5 weeks but will have to see how that goes. I'm quite enjoying bit a bit slimmer so might just accept being a bit weaker instead of banging on a few lbs just trying to add a bit to my max.

Whats current BW?

All of my belts are set tighter than when I was 15st 4lb and also I managed to get in to an old pair of shorts with a 34" waist for my holiday. Nice for them to make a comeback.

Yeah only just managed, wasn't nice for the rest of us...

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: July 16, 2018, 04:55:31 PM »

banged out 2 reps today without a spotter at 90kg flat bench and 2 reps 85g incline.  Reckon the 100kg is getting close.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: July 16, 2018, 04:58:17 PM »

The easy solution is just to write it all down. It's got to be everything though, right down to the last tablespoon of mayo or olive oil.

Once it's down on paper you can look for patterns and you'll soon identify somewhere you can cut out a few bits without really affecting your enjoyment of what you eat.

I can almost guarantee that if you're drinking two cans of diet crap a day then you're eating some pretty awful shit somewhere as well.

Ultimately it's down to how much you want to change your body comp. There's pretty much a 100% chance it's possible but only if you have the desire to makes a few changes.

"A ton of cottage cheese" doesn't sound great. It's about 100 calories per 100g so not terrible if eaten in moderation. "A ton" doesn't sound particularly moderate though. You need to weigh it to see what damage you're doing to yourself on a daily basis.

It's not the worst protein source at around 11% but trying to justify it by saying it contains protein is just kidding yourself. If you need to increase your protein intake then have a protein shake, not a tablespoon of cheese. It's not a bad idea to select your food based on its protein but if your goal is losing fat then calories needs to be top of your priorities list.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: July 16, 2018, 04:59:13 PM »

Whats current BW?

Yeah only just managed, wasn't nice for the rest of us...

What do you mean it wasn't nice? I bought you a cake!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: July 16, 2018, 05:01:23 PM »

banged out 2 reps today without a spotter at 90kg flat bench and 2 reps 85g incline.  Reckon the 100kg is getting close.

Sounds that way definitely.

How's Sunday 19th August for a possible meet up? Bench press 1RM day all round and I might even try a squat.....

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: July 16, 2018, 05:03:37 PM »

banged out 2 reps today without a spotter at 90kg flat bench and 2 reps 85g incline.  Reckon the 100kg is getting close.

Sounds that way definitely.

How's Sunday 19th August for a possible meet up? Bench press 1RM day all round and I might even try a squat.....

Most Sunday's fine for me generally.  Last few weeks been training in Nottingham at David Lloyd with my mate John McCann.  You want to meet up there or somewhere else?  He is a poker pro, lives in Nottingham and plays at dtd and we spoke about potentially meeting up with you for a training session.  He said he has been out with you and Skalie a couple of times and said you looked a beast!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:06:07 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: