blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:27:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 400037 times)
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: October 20, 2016, 12:11:42 AM »

Not often you see barca 'only' have 53% possession and it was 1-0 until the keeper got sent off.

(Didn't watch and just looked at Bbc stats'
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 20, 2016, 11:18:57 AM »

I think he will find how he needs to play.

City are the best team in the league at the moment with in my opinion united second.

On Saturday we saw to master tacticians go head to head.

Pep won the 1st half and Jose admitted that.

United got lucky because of possibly the worst keeper ive ever seen after Massimo Taibi, if Ibra had taken his time with the second chance and United had gone in 2-2 I think we may have won 4-2/4-3 in the second half. If Taibi take 2 had not had a howler City may have marched on 3-0/4-0 or even more winners.

Once United put the keeper under pressure i was amazed to see no Plan B from Pep. Bravo kept United in the game back making poor decision after poor decision and having worse long ball distribution that Hart, and that's saying something! I think i counted a spell of 5 possessions for Bravo where he had no short ball on, he went long and hit it straight to a Man U player. Seems mental to me to have no plan B, also United didnt really have blistering pace and "work horse" like attitude upfront. Against teams with a bit of pace in the front 3 the pass it from the back tactic if Bravo does not improve is going to get ripped to shreds.

The reason why City dominated the first 40 minutes is United had no clue what to do with it, Ibra is not going to chase down, United didnt know whether to push on and press or sit and got caught in a middle ground where it looked like City had two extra men every time they had the ball.

Rooney is still in the balance for me, he is making more and more mistakes but really does still work so hard, chasing down balls, making big tackles, being a leader and distributing the ball well. Its just a shame that more and more often now he gives it away with sloppy first touches or bad short passing.

What i didnt get was the last 10 minutes, United put on Rashford, he ran at City and they started making mistakes and we had chance after chance around the box where we made nothing off it.

Then for some bizarre reason we just started punting it into Fellani and Ibra, where they would win the first ball and nobody would be expecting the knock down, WHY!? Give the ball to Rashford.

Last 10 minutes? You started punting it to elbows and Ibra from 60 mins onwards. Laughably one dimensional and despite Bravo's high profile errors he actually had fuck all to do all game, not a single save of any note to make for 90 minutes.

If people are gonna judge Bravo, the No1 for Barca for the last 2 seasons, on his debut then so be it, but methinks you'll end up with egg on your face. If the best manager in the world wants you in goal, then I think its safe to say said keeper is more than good enough.

Maureen is a great manager but he isn't a ''master tactician'' IMO. He is still a million miles away from Pep. How Maureen gets the best out of Pogba is gonna be interesting. If he continues to suffocate him in midfield then its 90m down the shitter. How Rashford doesn't start is beyond me, way way more effective than Rooney and surely anyone with eyes can see that (I could even see it with my blinkers on).

Think you'll scrape top 4 this season.

This is what bookmarks were invented for.

Ha - not Bravo’s finest moment. As howlers go it was pretty spectacular to say the least. Up until that point we were obviously very much in the game.
I still think borntobubble’s comments after the United game were extreme. Hyperbole at its best. I thought it amusing in United’s next game DDG dropped a cross in very similar circumstances when he crashed into Smalling and almost conceded a goal. Borntobubble also goes on about DDG’s great distribution – in that very same game against Watford he had 1 successful long ball from 15. The worst distribution recorded by a keeper in the PL this season.

But DDG is quality and he has got so much in the bank he is almost (deservedly)  immune from criticism.  The problem for Bravo is that he has nothing in the bank over here and the spotlight on him and the system will only intensify.  Fun times ahead ..
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 20, 2016, 11:27:07 AM »

Not often you see barca 'only' have 53% possession and it was 1-0 until the keeper got sent off.

(Didn't watch and just looked at Bbc stats'

At the point he was sent off the stats didn't lie and tactically we had been good, created more opportunities, mainly kept MSN at bay (only 20 completed passes in 1st half between them ) and all very good and lots of positives for me. Unfortunately the wheels fell off with individual howlers and Dinho's slip for the 1st goal didn't help as well.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 20, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »

Is Pep really the best manager in the world?

I think any manager could have done as much as him at BAYERN MUNICH & BARCELONA.

You asked the same question and made the same point in this thread when Guardiola was appointed. I’m sure you remember but just in case I’ll jog your memory, it was the same time you were banging  on about City being a small club, no history, no fans etc etc. The funny thing about that was you were being serious and it wasn’t just a case of banter for 12 year olds.

You received comprehensive answers back then but FWIW I think Guardiola is a genius and last night’s events haven’t changed anything for me.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 20, 2016, 11:43:02 AM »

were you surprised to see Aguero on the bench? i knwo there have been some fitness doubts

i doubt it affects the result much but it surprised me

--

big picture, he's probably a transfer window or two from having the defensive resources to go to Barca, set up and get a result and therefore be a genuine Champions league contender?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 20, 2016, 02:48:41 PM »

Archer - will you marry me?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 20, 2016, 03:02:15 PM »

I was very surprised when I saw the line-up but accepting that is was for one-off tactical reasons and it has been stated as such.  I've read everything there is to read about Guardiola and it is very much in his locker not to play a star man if he doesn't fit into his masterplan for a speciific game. We don't know if he would have come on earlier if it hadn't been for the sending off.  We will never know if it would have made a difference if he had played but I agree the outcome would likely be the same. There is strong support that Guardiola's approach and set-up  was really good. Just a shame about the individual howlers. The main thing that annoyed me was the number of times City players slipped. You'd think they would get the chocie of footwear spot on.

Back to Aguero, there is more worrying speculation that there has been a fall out of some sorts with Aguero playing for Argentina when not 100% fit  or simply not pulling his weight adapting to a new system.

As for the bigger picture, we are a fair way off at the moment. Some of the stuff we have played so far has been a total joy and right up there with the best I have ever seen in the many years I've been watching football. That's why I think he is a genius. But then there is the inconsistency - individually and as a team. Not surprising because a lot of what he preaches takes a long time to fully bed in.

As for personnel, the likes of Zaba, Clichy, Kolorov (despite his initial transformation)  are no longer up to it at the top level and replacements for them can only be around the corner.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 20, 2016, 03:04:09 PM »

That's most unexpected Tikay. I thought you were taken.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 20, 2016, 07:27:21 PM »

City are the best team in the league at the moment with in my opinion united second.

United got lucky because of possibly the worst keeper ive ever seen after Massimo Taibi, if Ibra had taken his time with the second chance and United had gone in 2-2 I think we may have won 4-2/4-3 in the second half. If Taibi take 2 had not had a howler City may have marched on 3-0/4-0 or even more winners.

Once United put the keeper under pressure i was amazed to see no Plan B from Pep. Bravo kept United in the game back making poor decision after poor decision and having worse long ball distribution that Hart, and that's saying something! I think i counted a spell of 5 possessions for Bravo where he had no short ball on, he went long and hit it straight to a Man U player. Seems mental to me to have no plan B, also United didnt really have blistering pace and "work horse" like attitude upfront. Against teams with a bit of pace in the front 3 the pass it from the back tactic if Bravo does not improve is going to get ripped to shreds.

The reason why City dominated the first 40 minutes is United had no clue what to do with it, Ibra is not going to chase down, United didnt know whether to push on and press or sit and got caught in a middle ground where it looked like City had two extra men every time they had the ball.

Rooney is still in the balance for me, he is making more and more mistakes but really does still work so hard, chasing down balls, making big tackles, being a leader and distributing the ball well. Its just a shame that more and more often now he gives it away with sloppy first touches or bad short passing.

What i didnt get was the last 10 minutes, United put on Rashford, he ran at City and they started making mistakes and we had chance after chance around the box where we made nothing off it.

Then for some bizarre reason we just started punting it into Fellani and Ibra, where they would win the first ball and nobody would be expecting the knock down, WHY!? Give the ball to Rashford.

Last 10 minutes? You started punting it to elbows and Ibra from 60 mins onwards. Laughably one dimensional and despite Bravo's high profile errors he actually had fuck all to do all game, not a single save of any note to make for 90 minutes.

If people are gonna judge Bravo, the No1 for Barca for the last 2 seasons, on his debut then so be it, but methinks you'll end up with egg on your face. If the best manager in the world wants you in goal, then I think its safe to say said keeper is more than good enough.

Maureen is a great manager but he isn't a ''master tactician'' IMO. He is still a million miles away from Pep. How Maureen gets the best out of Pogba is gonna be interesting. If he continues to suffocate him in midfield then its 90m down the shitter. How Rashford doesn't start is beyond me, way way more effective than Rooney and surely anyone with eyes can see that (I could even see it with my blinkers on).

Ha - not Bravo’s finest moment. As howlers go it was pretty spectacular to say the least. Up until that point we were obviously very much in the game.
I still think borntobubble’s comments after the United game were extreme. Hyperbole at its best. I thought it amusing in United’s next game DDG dropped a cross in very similar circumstances when he crashed into Smalling and almost conceded a goal. Borntobubble also goes on about DDG’s great distribution – in that very same game against Watford he had 1 successful long ball from 15. The worst distribution recorded by a keeper in the PL this season.

But DDG is quality and he has got so much in the bank he is almost (deservedly)  immune from criticism.  The problem for Bravo is that he has nothing in the bank over here and the spotlight on him and the system will only intensify.  Fun times ahead ..

The thing for DDG distribution is often he is distributing to Fellani, who despite being 3 inches taller than the average opponent cannot win a header or the ball. He mainly tried to Elbow.

He is more often than not hitting the area in which a United player stands.

In the Manchester derby Bravo was kicking the ball straight out, into gaps etc. This is more worrying to me than hitting a man and the man being not good enough to get the ball down.

I only watched the last 30 minutes last night so it would be impossible for me to comment on Bravo Wink

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 25, 2016, 05:57:20 AM »

He's mine.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 25, 2016, 03:06:51 PM »

The thing for DDG distribution is often he is distributing to Fellani, who despite being 3 inches taller than the average opponent cannot win a header or the ball. He mainly tried to Elbow.

He is more often than not hitting the area in which a United player stands.

In the Manchester derby Bravo was kicking the ball straight out, into gaps etc. This is more worrying to me than hitting a man and the man being not good enough to get the ball down.

I only watched the last 30 minutes last night so it would be impossible for me to comment on Bravo Wink

I watched a recording again yesterday of the 2nd half of the United v City game and your perception of Bravo and his long-ball kicking in that half differs somewhat from from what I saw. There were a couple of kicks missed due them showing replays but I counted 3 very long balls  behind the United back line. These are the high variance balls with a City player (Nolito, KDB and Sterling)  running behind into the space in  a foot race trying to get on to them. Nolito was offside on 1 and Sterling was pretty close on another.

Then there were 9 more long balls to the half way line or just beyond of which 2 missed the target and United were in controlled possession. There were 6 more which did hit the target area and a United player headed the ball BUT the City player mainly wasn't contesting and KDB wasn't even jumping, just standing in front of the defender. In all 6 City won the 2nd ball or a very quick 3rd ball which presumably was due to numerical supremacy.   That is a deliberate tactic when midgets are up against giants and Guardiola is known for it. He actually spoke about the importance of the 2nd ball in the pre-match build up. Finally, there was one ball KDB won with his head (he was in space) and United picked up the 2nd ball.

I'd argue that Plan B did work and this was reflected in the 12 attempts to United's 8 in the 2nd half.

I think his long-ball game is actually very, very good. The problem has been with his 2 brain farts that have cost a goal against United and the sending off against Barcelona. A couple of other scary moments as well in possession.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 25, 2016, 03:08:18 PM »

He's mine.

Smiley

Are you on your hols?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 25, 2016, 04:25:15 PM »

He's mine.

Well I hard you were in Thailand, collecting any number of nasty diseases. Don't want to offend like, but if you've been putting it about in Thailand, all bets are off. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 25, 2016, 04:26:08 PM »

My sauces tell me he is in Thailand.

MBN to get all these overseas trips.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 25, 2016, 07:33:21 PM »

He's mine.

Well I hard you were in Thailand, collecting any number of nasty diseases. Don't want to offend like, but if you've been putting it about in Thailand, all bets are off. 

Your Freudian slip appears to be showing ducky..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: