blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 400014 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: March 16, 2017, 02:16:17 PM »

no real preference

i suppose i'd like Juve a lot (big Buffon fan) Monaco the least

from a playing point of view Dortmund probably suits least (counter attacking team,which is what we'd attempt to do)

we've played Barca and Real in the last 24 months in friendlies, i've been to Atletico.

Juve, Bayern etc would be equally as special and completely new

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 16, 2017, 11:52:18 PM »

by the by i happened to be sitting right in front of the TV box at the KP on tuesday, had to change my normal seat so as to get three seats together with my lads

Anyway i turned round mid first half to see Rio guzzling a singha beer from the bottle, gerrard completely uninterested texting and of course MON and Lineker somewhat more engaged in proceedings

Turned round when we scored second half, Lineker is celebrating, Rio is on his fourth (that i could see, a few empties in front of him) singha beer!

made the occasional punditry incoherence make more sense!

I love that. I'd actually thought after the game Gerard's comments were perfunctory and certainly sensed he'd rather have been somewhere else.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 17, 2017, 12:10:44 AM »

he has a point doesn't he? leaders in short supply ( a couple of them are injured of course)

'Manchester City have no commander... their defending was pathetic!' Rio Ferdinand blasts Pep Guardiola's side http://dailym.ai/2mLLKMh

Not sure what point he's trying to make? If its 'they conceded a couple of poor goals on the night to bow' out then yes, if its just a general comment on our defending then no, certainly not from the last few months.

As for the commander thing, well as you say our commander in chief is out injured so its an odd thing for him to point out, but then Ferdinand isn't the sharpest knife in the draw.

Better to take anything Wio says about us with a massive bag of salt.

Least we can focus on the league now as Archer says, these Euro distractions can get pretty boring Wink

To add to your comment about defending and just putting the Monaco games aside, domestically we've only let in 2 goals in the last 9 games. I love a good stat and it will be a surprise to many that City in the league  have restricted opponents to fewer chances than any other team. Best in Europe as well - just ahead of Bayern.

And another one - City and Chelsea are running neck and neck in terms of restricting opponents to the fewest attempts on target. Both are conceding  less than 3 attempts on target per game and if that is maintained until the end of season it will be the lowest recorded since the stats were available  from about 15 years ago.

From City's perspective that is pretty impressive bearing in mind Dad's army defence and John Stones.

After writing that Liverpool are sure to get a hatful now at the weekend...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 12:12:20 AM by Archer » Logged
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 17, 2017, 12:36:26 AM »

i like a good stat too
those 9 games, the quality of teams were very mighty
id prefer to do 11 games, the 2 before the 9 you selected
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 12:40:23 AM by exstream » Logged
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 17, 2017, 10:49:12 AM »

i like a good stat too

Agree it is a good stat. 8 from 11 then... 0.73 goals per game. I'd take that average all day in a 38 game league  season.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 18, 2017, 01:07:31 AM »

i like a good stat too

Agree it is a good stat. 8 from 11 then... 0.73 goals per game. I'd take that average all day in a 38 game league  season.

But but but Stones is rubbish and City can't defend and Pep is a fraud.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 19, 2017, 05:40:45 PM »

That light blue colour really makes those empty seats noticeable - I'm surprised this game isn't a sellout.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 19, 2017, 08:29:04 PM »

I don't watch many games that don't feature Arsenal but after the last few weeks I won't be watching many that do feature Arsenal. Like watching early season Leicester, effortless shambles.

For all City's frailties, they're the only English team I make an effort to watch and enjoy seeing play, such good football at times.

sola virtus nobilitat
engy

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 19, 2017, 08:29:56 PM »

I thought that as well Ralph. I thought Liverpool would be a definite sell out.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 19, 2017, 08:55:09 PM »

It was a cracking game today with both teams offering far more vim and vigour than Arsenal can currently muster.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 19, 2017, 09:08:19 PM »

It was a cracking game today with both teams offering far more vim and vigour than Arsenal can currently muster.

Ima start a new club - FANCY (Former Arsenal Now City, Yah ) - for shandy drinking southerners who appreciate City

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 19, 2017, 09:31:28 PM »

Ima start a new club - FANCY (Former Arsenal Now City, Yah ) - for shandy drinking southerners who appreciate City

Deffo the Arse of the North.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 19, 2017, 11:33:17 PM »

Deffo the Arse of the North.

Haha, that they are

sola virtus nobilitat
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 21, 2017, 11:21:50 AM »

So much love in the thread 😊

TBF the big games at City have all been excellent in their own way this season - Barcelona, Monaco, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and now Liverpool.  I certainly have had my “football fix” if not always the desired result.

But yes, a great game again on Sunday. Apart from the full-on attacking madness the thing that stood out for me was the sheer physical intensity and pace of the game.  I’ve not seen running/sprints stats  but I did hear it was Liverpool’s highest of the season. Presumably the same or close for City as well. It looked as though we were down and out at about the 60 minute mark, physically and psychologically after Monaco,  so really pleased to come on so strong towards the end of the game and I suppose overall a draw was a fair result.

Just for the record, the game sold out ages ago. Seats them come up for sale again  because about 2000 non-attending ST holders will have used the exchange system where they release the ticket to the club (for a discount on next years ST) for re-sale.  It looked worse than usual in the lower tier on Sunday because it was pouring down and loads move to the back. Yep, seriously. However, I do think City are in a league of their own for late arrivers and early leavers often irrespective of the state of the game. I'm in the posh seats at the Emirates for the Arsenal game so I will be able to properly compare..

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 21, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »

i think i saw a new world record on saturday

at the Olympic stadium we were 2-0 up after 7 minutes

several home fans got up and walked up the stairs and out onto the concourse.  They didn't come back, as i watched curious to see if they did.

Never seen that before, they missed a good game

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: