blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:52:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 399961 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: April 06, 2017, 10:22:52 AM »

Man City's last 95 (ninety-five) Premier League games AWAY when losing at half-time (dating back to April 1995): Won 0 Drawn 11 Lost 84

compare and contrast to say....

Since M.Pochettino was appointed as boss, Spurs have won 53 points from losing positions in the PL; 13 more than any other side

--

anyway,not trolling but i suppose it might get discussion going again. Distribution apart do you think he regrets sending Hart off on loan? With Hart all season you'd have 3-5 points more (i guess?) and last night was yet another example where points were dropped through a saveable goal

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 06, 2017, 12:30:08 PM »

Man City's last 95 (ninety-five) Premier League games AWAY when losing at half-time (dating back to April 1995): Won 0 Drawn 11 Lost 84

Since M.Pochettino was appointed as boss, Spurs have won 53 points from losing positions in the PL; 13 more than any other side

--

anyway,not trolling but i suppose it might get discussion going again. Distribution apart do you think he regrets sending Hart off on loan? With Hart all season you'd have 3-5 points more (i guess?) and last night was yet another example where points were dropped through a saveable goal

No and no. Hart is having quite a few stinkers over in Italy lest we forget, and he simply isn't capable of playing how Pep wants a keeper to play.

We played very well last night, especially first half. Tailed off a bit in the 2nd half but think we were much the better team overall. Willy had very little to do all game whereas their keeper was kept pretty occupied. A lack of cutting edge in the final 3rd was evident; Chelsea nullified Sane and Aguero well, and KDB had an off game. Chelsea are the masters of doing enough; I didn't think they looked amazing but they didn't need to look amazing.

Bold move to give Delph his first Prem start this season in a game of that nature but I thought he was excellent and probably our best player along with Silva. Obv great to see Vinny back too. Some positives to take from what was a disappointing night.

Nice to have an 'easier' home tie this weekend after 2 tricky away games, though Hull won't be pushovers. Taking my better half who is a Hull fan, her first time at Eastlands. She'll have to behave herself in the home end Wink

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 06, 2017, 03:53:58 PM »

--

The "not winning an away game when losing at half time" is a nice but quirky stat to say the least. There have been a few in recent times when we have been losing in an away game at some point in the game (but not half-time) and gone on to win.

I'd be interested to know what other teams records are. I do know that Liverpool have done it only 6 times in the same period and they were a top-4 team for c75% of those seasons.  City were mainly poor or mediocre for a big chunk of those 22 years, we had 2 relegations and weren't in the PL for 5 of the years.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 06, 2017, 03:57:05 PM »

--

No and no. Hart is having quite a few stinkers over in Italy lest we forget, and he simply isn't capable of playing how Pep wants a keeper to play.

We played very well last night, especially first half. Tailed off a bit in the 2nd half but think we were much the better team overall. Willy had very little to do all game whereas their keeper was kept pretty occupied. A lack of cutting edge in the final 3rd was evident; Chelsea nullified Sane and Aguero well, and KDB had an off game. Chelsea are the masters of doing enough; I didn't think they looked amazing but they didn't need to look amazing.

Bold move to give Delph his first Prem start this season in a game of that nature but I thought he was excellent and probably our best player along with Silva. Obv great to see Vinny back too. Some positives to take from what was a disappointing night.

Nice to have an 'easier' home tie this weekend after 2 tricky away games, though Hull won't be pushovers. Taking my better half who is a Hull fan, her first time at Eastlands. She'll have to behave herself in the home end Wink

Pretty much agree with all that.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 06, 2017, 07:23:52 PM »

So frustrating last night? Glad to see Vinny back and was good to see Fab have a decent game, I'm more certain now than ever that we will have a 7 player clear out in preparation for next season. Not had a chance to go to St Mary's so spur of the moment booked a hotel Friday night arrival with my lad 2 miles from the ground so apart from Watford and Wembley that's the last away day this season for us. Ctid

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 15, 2017, 10:38:27 PM »

Fantastic today, really really good. Southampton are no mugs but we made them look, at best, ordinary this afternoon. Keep getting glimpses of what it can be like playing fluid football under Guardiola and it is a sight to behold. I'm sure Pep has learnt so much from this first season at the helm, knows the players he can trust and the ones who need to move on.

So good to see Vinnie complete 90 minutes. Navas is reborn at right back (words I never thought I'd say!). Sane is just different gravy. Silva is a genius.

A lot of players are either out on loan or out of contract in the summer so I think it could be a busy summer, though more out than in. Very excited to see what the future holds but we still have business to attend to this season starting with Arsenal in the semi next Sunday.

Pep will get it 100% right at City, and when he does it won't be good news for the rest of the league.

Best Bitter.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 16, 2017, 10:51:39 AM »

Claudio Brava is currently on a run of saving his last 1 shot on target.

How come nobody mentions this??

Disgrace.

City are fantastic to watch like. KDB looking close to back to his best as well after going a bit quiet mid season.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 16, 2017, 11:30:45 AM »

Claudio Brava is currently on a run of saving his last 1 shot on target.

How come nobody mentions this??

Disgrace.

City are fantastic to watch like. KDB looking close to back to his best as well after going a bit quiet mid season.

Smiley

Everyone loves a scapegoat. He has undoubtedly let in some soft goals, he's also been totally exposed at other times (the 4 goal drubbings at Leicester and Everton spring to mind).

Was unfortunate enough to catch some of Football Focus yesterday in which the obvious Bravo stat was brought up with zero context and loads of sarcastic comments from Hartson/Lawrenson about him being good with his feet though. Lawrenson is a dinosaur though and I think Pep might be a bit more tactically astute than him Wink What Bravo brings to the team you won't see on a MOTD highlight reel but when you watch us for 90 minutes every week you can see it vividly. Maybe its a generation thing? I'm pretty sure my Dad would have Hart back tomorrow Smiley

I know many City fans are still yearning for a Hart return but they simply fail to grasp that if you have Pep in charge then you can't have a keeper like Hart between the sticks. Horses for courses and I don't think we'll see Joe in a City top again.

Agree about KDB. I still think he seems to be lacking a tad in confidence and maybe fitness? He looks shattered every game whereas Fernandinho doesn't have a drop of sweat on him after running around for 90 minutes. A KDB in top form/confidence doesn't square that ball to Sane yesterday. But he certainly is playing better than he was doing a couple months ago.

We were pretty easy on the eye yesterday Smiley

Best Bitter.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1313 on: April 16, 2017, 04:06:03 PM »

We were pretty easy on the eye yesterday Smiley

Really enjoy watching you and Spurs , playing some great football at the minute.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 16, 2017, 05:28:21 PM »

Was a great away trip, got there Friday about 2pm, checked into hotel and a really good wine bar next door, went to west quay for dinner had a real good Mexican steak then met a mate from Southampton and watched a Bon Jovi tribute band £15.00 to get in my 14yr old sneaked in Smiley one of the best tribute bands I have seen, they apparently tour the Uk and the rest of the world, back to hotel gone midnight woke up rough as fuck but managed a full English, walked into the Restaurant and about 8 city fans eating as well, was in Yates in the town about 11am pub was full of City. Great performance, loved Navas at left back, kompany was Captain marvellous and KDB and Silva controlled the game. Loved it when we score goals at the away end but Kompany seemed to enjoy it more. Got home about 10pm good run back to the Midlands and arrived home to see two Fa Cup semi final tickets that my lad sourced. This time in the West stand with City not with all the Stoke fans as per my last visit. And we have the Green Man pub Smiley

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 16, 2017, 10:12:04 PM »

Fantastic today, really really good. Southampton are no mugs but we made them look, at best, ordinary this afternoon. Keep getting glimpses of what it can be like playing fluid football under Guardiola and it is a sight to behold. I'm sure Pep has learnt so much from this first season at the helm, knows the players he can trust and the ones who need to move on.

So good to see Vinnie complete 90 minutes. Navas is reborn at right back (words I never thought I'd say!). Sane is just different gravy. Silva is a genius.

A lot of players are either out on loan or out of contract in the summer so I think it could be a busy summer, though more out than in. Very excited to see what the future holds but we still have business to attend to this season starting with Arsenal in the semi next Sunday.

Pep will get it 100% right at City, and when he does it won't be good news for the rest of the league.

As always seems to be the case I agree with all that.

I share your excitement for the future and I'm enjoying the present enormously as well. Obviously it can't compare with 2012 and 2014 but it's right up there as being one of my favourite seasons and loving the Pep effect. The tactical evolution is absorbing.

Particularly looking forward to the next 2 games with Arsenal and then United. The derby has even more edge now following their result today.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:56 AM »

Manchester City face paying world record defender fee for Leonardo Bonucci

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/20/manchester-city-face-paying-world-record-defender-fee-leonardo/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 21, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »

Manchester City face paying world record defender fee for Leonardo Bonucci

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/20/manchester-city-face-paying-world-record-defender-fee-leonardo/

Maybe we'll buy him using this....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/10845609/uefa-to-refund-man-city-40m-euros-over-financial-fair-play-turnaround

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 24, 2017, 07:38:15 PM »

Well, the highlight for me was getting back from Wembley  (c10 miles south of the Etihad) before 8.30pm  - a personal best of less than 3 hours and I did stay to the end of the game.

Proper cup tie in the 2nd half but very tough to take with losing our best player, controlling the 1st half, the refereeing cock-ups and the close calls after Arsenal had equalised.

Hoping for a better outcome on Thursday night.

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 24, 2017, 08:49:05 PM »

Had a great day out apart from the result, Green Man was buzzing, just don't get the tactical changes, and as soon as Glichy goes the better, walked all game, Silva getting injured was a disaster, sure Sergio was injured after the knee in the back, big difference in our bench V Chelsea bench, they are able to bring on Costa, Hazard and Fabergas we have zilch. Watford away last trip but want to take lad to his first derby game so he is searching as I type.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: