blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401637 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: April 24, 2017, 09:18:02 PM »

The disappointment of yesterday will be consigned to history (not that we have any) a lot quicker if we can beat united on Thursday. Lose that and the season really hangs in the balance.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 25, 2017, 06:31:55 PM »

http://bet.unibet.co.uk/football/premier-league/why-man-citys-loss-faith-officials-should-be-concern-all-us

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 25, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »

Behave Percy, or I'll send for Haysie.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 25, 2017, 06:42:55 PM »

Smiley

Is that a guarantee?

Best Bitter.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 25, 2017, 07:53:01 PM »

Dry your eyes City fans. The ball was out and Aguero cleverly kicked his own heel. He shoulda got a yellow tbf.

sola virtus nobilitat
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 25, 2017, 10:29:12 PM »

Dry your eyes City fans. The ball was out and Aguero cleverly kicked his own heel. He shoulda got a yellow tbf.

Linesman did very well to spot it.

Unless of course he just completely guessed (and got it wrong)

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 28, 2017, 12:45:55 PM »

I've just watched the post-match coverage from last night on MUTV Sky and apparently the game wasn't one for the TV viewer Smiley

I really enjoyed it in the flesh despite not being able to convert one of the many half-chances. In the 1st half I thought it was building up to a classic at one point with the clash of styles - City chipping away,  United incredibly well organised (we couldn't see any space)  but had the threat on the counter.  
2nd half was obviously a procession and I thought it was inevitable we would score. We didn't and so be it. Whilst concerns about the recurring inability to convert dominance into goals, I'm very happy we are managed by Pep and not Mourinho

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 28, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »

I've just watched the post-match coverage from last night on MUTV Sky and apparently the game wasn't one for the TV viewer Smiley

I really enjoyed it in the flesh despite not being able to convert one of the many half-chances. In the 1st half I thought it was building up to a classic at one point with the clash of styles - City chipping away,  United incredibly well organised (we couldn't see any space)  but had the threat on the counter.  
2nd half was obviously a procession and I thought it was inevitable we would score. We didn't and so be it. Whilst concerns about the recurring inability to convert dominance into goals, I'm very happy we are managed by Pep and not Mourinho

You are being far too nice/diplomatic Smiley

My thoughts and lets start with the 'opposition' (if you can call them that).....an embarrassing lack of ambition from united. Seen teams like Hull, Boro and Stoke come to Eastlands this season showing way more desire to get a result. Rashford is straight out the Rooney school of diving and cheating. Fellaini makes Lee Cattermole look a decent midfielder. Not sure if he was instructed but Valencia appears to love booting the ball as far down the pitch as possible from right back. Must be soul destroying for talented attacking players like Martial, having their ability and flair sucked out of them by Mourinho. Shaw warmed up in front of me and he certainly enjoys a kebab or 2 (the irony isn't lost on me before Tikay chirps up Wink )

The way they celebrated a 0-0 like they had won the league speaks volumes. A draw does them no favours whatsoever yet only one team was interested in trying to play football and win the game.
People pay good money to watch that shite every week? Crazy. Mourinho and united really are a match made in heaven (I look forward to the next team parking the bus at O/T and what Maureen has to say about it after the game)

We were good, again. As above, its not putting chances away that has cost us the most this season. We badly missed Silva last night. As much as we dominated the ball and the play, we didn't create enough clear cut chances on their goal. Silva can really be the difference when we play teams who have no interest in winning themselves. Good to see Jesus back and another 90 minutes under Kompany's belt (what a player) is great. Suspect he might be rested at Boro on Sunday. Looks like Bravo's season is over and its sad to see.

To the land of chicken parmo we go on Sunday, hopefully pick up 3 points and solidify a top 4 spot. Won't be easy though, I'm sure they will give us a much better game than last night.

Best Bitter.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 28, 2017, 03:45:57 PM »

nh sir
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 28, 2017, 04:53:23 PM »

A draw does them no favours whatsoever yet only one team was interested in trying to play football and win the game.

This is true. Reminded me of the Champions League semi final last year. One of the biggest games in City's history, they go 1-0 down are were content to just see the game out and not get embarrassed. No shame in knowing and accepting your place in the pecking order.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 28, 2017, 05:05:27 PM »

A draw does them no favours whatsoever yet only one team was interested in trying to play football and win the game.

This is true. Reminded me of the Champions League semi final last year. One of the biggest games in City's history, they go 1-0 down are were content to just see the game out and not get embarrassed. No shame in knowing and accepting your place in the pecking order.

But we don't have any history?

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 28, 2017, 05:07:47 PM »

I heard this 'a draw does them no favours' last night.  What a load of tosh.  Both teams are now totally in control of their own density for a top 4 spot if they both win out for the remainder of the season.    Manure would have took that spot all day along a few weeks ago.  Jose will be over the moon with a point last night imo.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 28, 2017, 05:11:25 PM »

I heard this 'a draw does them no favours' last night.  What a load of tosh.  Both teams are now totally in control of their own density for a top 4 spot if they both win out for the remainder of the season.    Manure would have took that spot all day along a few weeks ago.  

united have 3 consecutive away games after Sunday; Arsenal, Spuds, Southampton. They really should have been looking for 3 points last night.

Edit....you're right with the bit you added. Maureen will be delighted not to have lost to Pep. I'm guessing he's putting all his CL qualification eggs in the Europa League basket. A great time to play City; on the back of a tough, draining 120 minutes vs Arsenal and our key defender still returning to full fitness (and 'lolbravo' in goal)  yet they had no interest in trying to score, or even getting out their own half in the 2nd period.

Does Mourinho value not losing to Pep higher than finishing in the top 4?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:31:47 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 28, 2017, 05:47:24 PM »

I heard this 'a draw does them no favours' last night.  What a load of tosh.  Both teams are now totally in control of their own density for a top 4 spot if they both win out for the remainder of the season.    Manure would have took that spot all day along a few weeks ago.  

united have 3 consecutive away games after Sunday; Arsenal, Spuds, Southampton. They really should have been looking for 3 points last night.

Edit....you're right with the bit you added. Maureen will be delighted not to have lost to Pep. I'm guessing he's putting all his CL qualification eggs in the Europa League basket. A great time to play City; on the back of a tough, draining 120 minutes vs Arsenal and our key defender still returning to full fitness (and 'lolbravo' in goal)  yet they had no interest in trying to score, or even getting out their own half in the 2nd period.

Does Mourinho value not losing to Pep higher than finishing in the top 4?

United have avg a game every 3 and a half days this month, have 3 first choice centre backs injured, their top goal scorer and their player of the season. Don't think coming out all guns blazing, playing into City's hands, was ever going to be on the agenda.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 28, 2017, 05:53:04 PM »

Manure are a combined 66% likely to get in the champs league next season if you combine the two methods they have.  The same % roughly as lolapool are.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: