blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:46:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401993 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: April 09, 2018, 06:37:47 PM »

yes? no?

"Manchester City fans' maudlin reaction to their club's very minor setback signalled a new nadir"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/09/manchester-city-fans-maudlin-reaction-clubs-minor-setback-signalled/

I don't really know what maudlin and nadir mean, and the article is premium so I can't read it Wink

It was a minor setback in the grand scheme of things. It's not the first time we've lost a derby and it won't be the last. Barring a complete meltdown, it doesn't alter us becoming champions when we eventually get over the line.

But I left Eastlands on Saturday night dejected (so much so that I didn't wait for family/friends at the train station and got an earlier train back by myself) The 2nd half had shades of 'typical City', something that I really thought we'd begun to shake off under Pep.

So the disappointment stemmed from the manner of the collapse, and made worse that it was against united. Throw in the frustration of Sterling shitting his pants everytime he gets 1 on 1, and the absurd penalty decision not given on Aguero (no wonder no English refs are going to the world cup), all in all made what should've been a celebratory weekend a pretty miserable one instead. Obv didn't help it was on the back of the spanking at Liverpool either.

Saturday doesn't define our season, but it was a unique opportunity to confirm the title against your local rivals. Can't imagine that situation coming around again any time soon. So with that context I think some Blues took the defeat more to heart than they normally would.

But the bigger picture is still very rosy; we have a modest chance tomorrow evening, and can still end the campaign with a flurry of goals and victories to put a gloss on what has been an incredible season watching some of the finest football the PL has ever seen.

Best Bitter.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: April 09, 2018, 07:01:26 PM »

Understandable tbf, it's grim up North

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 09, 2018, 07:15:33 PM »

Sad

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 10, 2018, 03:33:33 PM »

yes? no?

"Manchester City fans' maudlin reaction to their club's very minor setback signalled a new nadir"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/09/manchester-city-fans-maudlin-reaction-clubs-minor-setback-signalled/

I don't really know what maudlin and nadir mean, and the article is premium so I can't read it Wink

It was a minor setback in the grand scheme of things. It's not the first time we've lost a derby and it won't be the last. Barring a complete meltdown, it doesn't alter us becoming champions when we eventually get over the line.

But I left Eastlands on Saturday night dejected (so much so that I didn't wait for family/friends at the train station and got an earlier train back by myself) The 2nd half had shades of 'typical City', something that I really thought we'd begun to shake off under Pep.

So the disappointment stemmed from the manner of the collapse, and made worse that it was against united. Throw in the frustration of Sterling shitting his pants everytime he gets 1 on 1, and the absurd penalty decision not given on Aguero (no wonder no English refs are going to the world cup), all in all made what should've been a celebratory weekend a pretty miserable one instead. Obv didn't help it was on the back of the spanking at Liverpool either.

Saturday doesn't define our season, but it was a unique opportunity to confirm the title against your local rivals. Can't imagine that situation coming around again any time soon. So with that context I think some Blues took the defeat more to heart than they normally would.

But the bigger picture is still very rosy; we have a modest chance tomorrow evening, and can still end the campaign with a flurry of goals and victories to put a gloss on what has been an incredible season watching some of the finest football the PL has ever seen.

Likewise in the Liverpool  with the Roberston foul on Sterling with 10 mins to go. When that was showed back it was apparent "it was a matter of fact" a penalty and not opinion. Right in front of the man with the stick as well. Roll on VAR for me.

Such a shame in the context of the tie and the game tonight. Not just for City fans but for neutrals watching as well.

Liverpool 1/5 to qualify on the exchange.  I think that is too big but still looking forward to some potential excitement later whilst likely falling short.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: April 16, 2018, 10:12:26 AM »

Congrats to you boys, what a season that was.

MBN to be Pep, too, when playing a quiet round of golf on Sunday with a future Major winner.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: April 17, 2018, 07:31:42 PM »

Thanks Tikay. Been a decent year Smiley

Just need 7 more goals to land my 40/1 shot. If we don't net the required amount against the 5 teams left we have to play (Swansea, Brighton, Huddersfield, West Ham and Southampton), then I'll just go back to supporting Chelsea I think. Maybe send Sterling some hate mail too.

Best Bitter.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: April 17, 2018, 09:23:47 PM »

fantastic year, some of the best football i've seen and a series of blockbuster games.

seen that harry kane has sacrificed another child and got himself into the YPOTY - think you had money on sterling and sane which looked a lock until they parachuted harry in.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: April 17, 2018, 09:59:32 PM »

fantastic year, some of the best football i've seen and a series of blockbuster games.

seen that harry kane has sacrificed another child and got himself into the YPOTY - think you had money on sterling and sane which looked a lock until they parachuted harry in.

He's out at 25s so I don't think the bookies consider Kane to be much threat for the award....https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/young-player-of-the-year

TBH there are probably worse 25/1 shots as he doesn't have a sniff for POTY, but its hard to look past Sane/Sterling for the glory. Maybe it's me but Kane just doesn't feel like a 'young' player, plus him acting a dick and claiming a goal that wasn't his shouldn't have done him any favours.

Teeks/fred has Sane for YPOTY and Sterling E/W for top scorer....so the nut runout is Sterling to score a few but have shit games, and Sane to put in 5 very eye catching performances, and that should see the latte lover get the double over the line.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:01:07 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: April 23, 2018, 08:41:25 AM »

The BBC ran a poll of a Top Six for POTY, & the results were:

Mo Salah 76%

KDB 14%

De Gea 6%

Kane 3%

Silva 1%

Sane 0%

Sample size was not stated.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1929 on: April 23, 2018, 09:20:10 AM »

Mo Salah 76%

KDB 14%

De Gea 6%

Kane 3%

Silva 1%

Sane 0%

He has been a revelation ,totally unexpected too. Well done Mo.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 23, 2018, 09:57:54 AM »

Mo Salah 76%

KDB 14%

De Gea 6%

Kane 3%

Silva 1%

Sane 0%

Yup. And we can bet good money* that the Man City lads would agree.

* We'd lose though.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 23, 2018, 05:51:38 PM »

Mo Salah 76%

KDB 14%

De Gea 6%

Kane 3%

Silva 1%

Sane 0%

Yup. And we can bet good money* that the Man City lads would agree.

* We'd lose though.

Nah tbf I can't begrudge Salah scooping, think either would've been worthy winners. Were it dished out in January then Kev woulda walked it, and although he's been excellent all season, his most eye catching performances were early doors. Whereas Salah as just been a tank all year and hasn't slowed down.

1% for Silva is silly though Smiley I don't think people realise just how much of a genius that guy is. Dread the day he leaves City/hangs up his boots.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: April 23, 2018, 06:30:26 PM »

I was reminded of this article today, expertly put together by that footballing genius Stan Collymore....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pep-guardiola-beyond-deluded-thinks-9444836

Wp Stan, vwp

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 23, 2018, 06:38:19 PM »

I was reminded of this article today, expertly put together by that footballing genius Stan Collymore....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pep-guardiola-beyond-deluded-thinks-9444836

Wp Stan, vwp

thats quality.  I played football at the top level so i know about football!!  Clueless.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 23, 2018, 07:51:59 PM »

So Leroy Sane won PFA Young Player of the Year, but to my mind, he wasn't even the best City player on the shortlist. Raheem Sterling has outperformed Sane in almost all attacking metrics/measures this season and from what I've seen of City this season (lots on TV, none live) he's had a better season (I'm talking strictly Premier League games btw).

I realise that this award is voted for by the players and Sterling probably wouldn't win many popularity votes and misses the occasional sitter, but, in terms of who's had the better season out of Sterling or Sane, what say you City fans?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: