blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:11:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338891 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: May 14, 2017, 10:58:45 AM »

a little unfortunate not to get a draw yesterday.

Bobby Madley,what an infuriating referee (for both sides). I thought Sterling was clearly interfering for the first goal, swung a foot at it between the striker and the keeper but suppose thats a matter of opinion

good spot for the two touch penalty (i have now seen that twice at leicester games over 42 years watching!) but happily ignores the encroachment as most referees do

the fernandinho elbow i didn't think there was any intent, but on another day we get a luckier break there too

still,we gave it a good go in the second half, didn't die wondering and conisdering we were missing huth, morgan,drinkwater did ok

lovely goal too

tottenham and bournemouth at home to end the season and we are running out of players.....will take a win against bournemouth and 46 points

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 14, 2017, 09:33:44 PM »

a little unfortunate not to get a draw yesterday.

Bobby Madley,what an infuriating referee (for both sides). I thought Sterling was clearly interfering for the first goal, swung a foot at it between the striker and the keeper but suppose thats a matter of opinion

good spot for the two touch penalty (i have now seen that twice at leicester games over 42 years watching!) but happily ignores the encroachment as most referees do

the fernandinho elbow i didn't think there was any intent, but on another day we get a luckier break there too

still,we gave it a good go in the second half, didn't die wondering and conisdering we were missing huth, morgan,drinkwater did ok

lovely goal too

All fair comments I think from your perspective.

Madley was awful. Seems out of his depth and I agree infuriating for both sides.

I think the Silva goal is a tough one.  Raheem was marginally offside, as evidenced by the camera, but looking at the front on pictures, Kasper was IMO not unsighted. Sterling obviously has a swipe at the ball, didn't appear to touch it,  but does that mean interference? The rule I've seen quoted today is "clearly attempting to play a ball which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent or making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball"  So the argument goes Sterling's swipe  had no impact: Kasper had already been done and was not unsighted by Raheem.  Also, I've read that both Halsey and O'Gallagher came out on foreign broadcasts saying it was a good goal! Complicated to say the least Smiley

Agree easily could have been a different result. I thought City were ok to good 1st half but the 2nd half was a struggle.

Tighty, you might like these stats  -   xG on the site I use was  2.22 v 1.94 and an xGD in Man City's favour of only 0.28. In xGD terms that is the 2nd best performance by an away side at the Etihad in the league this season and the 7th best by any side against us  home and away. The xGD in the reverse fixture was 1.24 in Leicester's favour - the highest xGD against City this season.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:35:22 PM by Archer » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: May 16, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »

LCFC Awards last night

was a big success on loan in L1 this season, hioping he breaks into the 25 man squad next

Click to see full-size image.

an open and shut case. 20 yo,already athome in the top flight. going to be a terrific player

a great night, one of the best midweek matches for a long time

I preferred Ndidi against Stoke, which came second in the voting

a clear choice.standards never slipped when the rest of the team underperformed. great leader

and the fans agreed

My eyes are open wide
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 16, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »

The run to the title last season seemed to mature Schmeichel when before he always probably gave off that sense of being a liability at times? That a fair statement?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 16, 2017, 01:30:49 PM »

The run to the title last season seemed to mature Schmeichel when before he always probably gave off that sense of being a liability at times? That a fair statement?

probably the season before that "the great escape" under Pearson, he assumed more of a leadership role and really delivered consistently

he reached his potential as a keeper and as a team member and he was great last year but even better this year in a team that didn't defend consistently well in front of him,minus Kante, until Ndidi arrived

but yes, essentially you are correct

My eyes are open wide
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 16, 2017, 01:35:08 PM »

Cheers for the response. Always nice to see a keeper go up another gear or two when you label (well i did at least) them as only ever being capable of so much.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 19, 2017, 08:44:47 AM »

Spurs were good. very good.

I stayed til the end :-)

My eyes are open wide
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: May 19, 2017, 11:28:15 AM »

Kante leaving seemed massive for the club. Is there a player who you would hold in similar regard that you fear will leave in the Summer? Are you expecting a lot of players to leave?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 19, 2017, 11:41:50 AM »

Schmeichel is the biggest fear,leadership/dressing room role as much as on field

Mahrez i don't mind leaving, as we saw last night he has mentally "checked out" for a while.Mahrez is a fabulous player but in hindsight probably stayed a season too long for him and us

hopefully that gets Gray starting every week

i would expect quite a significant turnover this summer yes. the recruitment we make is absolutely crucial.it wasn't good last summer and once more we have significant sums available,albeit in a market where everyone is going to be tossing millions round like confetti

the biggest priority has to be more depth and eventually replacements for morgan and huth at centre half, both of which are ageing.Morgan in particular is just slipping over the hill to play in the top flight

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 20, 2017, 09:06:17 AM »

CS: "There’s not enough strength in depth (at lcfc). Recruitment is a massive area, we have to get that right."

this is exactly right, a big summer

My eyes are open wide
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 20, 2017, 09:19:34 AM »

Harvey Barnes was at the golf club yesterday, seems a nice lad, and a nice Mercedes in the car park too.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 20, 2017, 09:21:55 AM »

Why are players still wearing gloves in May?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 20, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »

Why are players still wearing gloves in May?

Because its chilly at night.

My eyes are open wide
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 20, 2017, 11:26:14 AM »

Looked wet to me, it's the 3pm ko that gets me. Gonna have a count tomorrow on Premiership games, more than 11 players with gloves on I bet.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 20, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »

Nothing irritates my dad more than when players wear gloves with a short sleeved shirt.

Oh, and that in the European comps they have the additional ref (behind each goal) on the same side as the linesman. That really boils his piss.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: