blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:27:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 343911 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: August 08, 2017, 04:42:34 PM »

Chelsea continue to discuss a move for Danny Drinkwater http://dailym.ai/2ulYBvK

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 11, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »

Were you there, Tighty?

Penny for your thoughts.

Certainly a memorable game.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 11, 2017, 10:01:21 PM »

No. Too busy to get away in time for a Friday night. We'll be fine. Vardy and ihenacho going to scare a lot of teams this season. Needed to be stronger in midfield and retain the ball better. Very odd substitution at 3:2 up and ten minutes left with another midfielder on the bench. You bring another striker on? Mahrez played like he didn't want to get injured. I want gray in the team.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 11, 2017, 10:06:19 PM »

No. Too busy to get away in time for a Friday night. We'll be fine. Vardy and ihenacho going to scare a lot of teams this season. Needed to be stronger in midfield and retain the ball better. Very odd substitution at 3:2 up and ten minutes left with another midfielder on the bench. You bring another striker on? Mahrez played like he didn't want to get injured. I want gray in the team.

I rather got the impression that Maharez was putting himself in the shop window. Amazingly gifted player when he puts his mind to it.

Substitutions? Arsene seemed to get his right, unlike Shakespeare.

Good start to the season entertainment wise though. I often get bored watching these games, and start channel flicking,but watched every minute tonight.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:08:12 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 11, 2017, 10:10:32 PM »

Odd glimpses aside mahrez hasn't performed since we won the title. Fabulous when on it but very frustrating to watch. Telling that only Roma want him.

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 11, 2017, 10:15:18 PM »

I rather got the impression that Maharez was putting himself in the shop window. Amazingly gifted player when he puts his mind to it.

Good start to the season entertainment wise though. I often get bored watching these games, and start channel flicking,but watched every minute tonight.

Swiching Bellerin to the left was seriously questioned by many gooners but it proved to be a masterstroke.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 11, 2017, 10:23:08 PM »

Swiching Bellerin to the left was seriously questioned by many gooners but it proved to be a masterstroke.

Did O-C switch to full back? Thought he was very good tonight.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 11, 2017, 10:37:46 PM »

Did O-C switch to full back? Thought he was very good tonight.

Seriously? I thought he was mostly dreadful.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 14, 2017, 09:29:43 AM »

Wantaway Riyad Mahrez facing transfer limbo at Leicester as Roma's £31.8m 'final' offer will be rejected http://bit.ly/2wVrRq3

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 16, 2017, 09:48:26 AM »

Riyad Mahrez may be forced to stay at lcfc as club stick to £50m valuation |

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/15/riyad-mahrez-may-forced-stay-leicester-club-stick-50m-valuation/

My eyes are open wide
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 16, 2017, 08:29:30 PM »

Riyad Mahrez may be forced to stay at lcfc as club stick to £50m valuation |

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/15/riyad-mahrez-may-forced-stay-leicester-club-stick-50m-valuation/

And what's your thoughts on that?
He was extraordinary the season you won the title but it doesn't seem he is going to give you that level again. Is a good idea to keep an unhappy player at the club eating up £110k a week? Perhaps lowering the price and putting in add-ons + a generous sell on fee might be better.
What did Roma offer, £35m? I can understand the club wanting to hold firm considering the current prices and if someone does come in and offer the £50m, they were right to do so. But if they can't sell him, then I think they've made a mistake. They've got to price him right. It's supply and demand. If the demand isn't there for him at £50m, they have to lower the price imo.
The same with Drinkwater. Chelsea are desperate, which is good for you, but if I was a Leicester fan I'd really hope the club don't try to get too much and end up with nothing.
What are the likes of Simpson/Huth/Morgan/Albrighton/Okazaki on?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 16, 2017, 08:39:35 PM »

We upped a lot of contracts when we won the league so expires are 2019-2020 this gives us leverage that having a player on a deal with a year remaining doesn't give the selling club. I think this had been a feature across this transfer window. Medium sized clubs who don't have to sell won't. Mahrez I would take £40m and early enough that it could be reinvested in August. Drinkwater might not even be first choice anymore, in fact he isn't. If we can extract £30m+ because of the Chelsea turmoil then I am fine with it, we are maximising value. The other players you mention should be squad players n the next year or so and we can happily run their contracts down knowing we have got great value from them
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:41:17 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 16, 2017, 09:16:55 PM »

We upped a lot of contracts when we won the league so expires are 2019-2020 this gives us leverage that having a player on a deal with a year remaining doesn't give the selling club. I think this had been a feature across this transfer window. Medium sized clubs who don't have to sell won't. Mahrez I would take £40m and early enough that it could be reinvested in August. Drinkwater might not even be first choice anymore, in fact he isn't. If we can extract £30m+ because of the Chelsea turmoil then I am fine with it, we are maximising value. The other players you mention should be squad players n the next year or so and we can happily run their contracts down knowing we have got great value from them

You're maximising value if you sell. If you don't sell, you're maximising loss.
Regarding those squad players you mention, you got great value from them when they were on lower Prem division wages and you won the league. You were getting very poor value from them immediately you gave them new bumper contracts as none of them are worth their wages. And they will now be impossible to shift due to the fact that no one else will pay them that money. I think I said on here at the time of the new contracts that I thought Leicester were making a mistake.
I don't think it's just a Leicester problem, it's an English one.
Man City sign players to huge contracts and then can't shift them coz no one else will match their wages. Man City PAID Spurs £15m to take Adebayor off their hands. They can't sell Nasri, can't sell Mangala, can't sell Toure, had to let a whole host of players run down their contracts this year. All due to players being paid too much. I don't support any English football teams and I do like Man City but I think this financial doping, where they essentially aren't being run as a business as other clubs must do, is not good for the game.
Arsenal want to trim the squad to free up wages and can't rid of anybody (yet).
I know Spurs and Levy are coming in for a bit of flak for their "low" wages but Levy is no fool, he sees what is going on.
On Mahrez, Leicester need to find the highest price someone will pay, not ask for a figure no one will pay.
Just my opinion Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 16, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »

That's fine, as indicated I would sell both probably with a bit of brinkmanship in the last fortnight of the window. As to the other players, it made no sense to extend Morgan etc EXCEPT it was a close squad and the players wouldn't have accepted some of the value from winning it going to some players and not all. We are well in front of all of them over the life of two contracts even a bloated second one, and I have no expectations many have a sell on value in 2019.

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 16, 2017, 09:55:15 PM »

Hang on a second, can't sell Toure?! We don't want to sell Toure! And he got a new contract this summer. Feel free to sling as much mud as you want at Nasri and Mangala but please leave Yaya out of it Smiley

Back on topic, looks like the 50m ship has sailed on Mahrez. The only time that figure was likely to be achieved was last summer. Think even £40m is a stretch. Least you're not in a Sanchez situation where he can leave on a free soon so that gives you more scope to be patient and wait for the 'right' offer. If you end up selling a talented but unsettled player for £30-35m then that looks decent business to me. Might be tricky to replace this late in the window but do you guys have someone who can at least fill his boots for the time being? Gray, or is he not too similar in style?

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: