blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 342204 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: January 10, 2017, 03:23:30 PM »

https://beta.racingpost.com/sport/sport-columnists/possession-is-up-but-goals-are-down-for-city-under-pep/271325

Interesting article from the RPost stats guru Pullien who is as excellent as ever in his analysis.  Worth a read.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 10, 2017, 03:30:37 PM »

https://beta.racingpost.com/sport/sport-columnists/possession-is-up-but-goals-are-down-for-city-under-pep/271325

Interesting article from the RPost stats guru Pullien who is as excellent as ever in his analysis.  Worth a read.

interesting

i was of the conclusion then and even more that Kante was transformational. he won us the ball in spots, consistently, where we haven't won it before or since and made the counter attacking game tick because the other side was unable to transition back from attack to defence by the time we had used our pace going forward

without him it has been a lot more humdrum. we don't break sides down when they are formed up and defending.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 10, 2017, 03:45:32 PM »

interesting

i was of the conclusion then and even more that Kante was transformational. he won us the ball in spots, consistently, where we haven't won it before or since and made the counter attacking game tick because the other side was unable to transition back from attack to defence by the time we had used our pace going forward

without him it has been a lot more humdrum. we don't break sides down when they are formed up and defending.

Think it probably breaks down to him winning loads of tackles but it not being converted into possession long term because the other players lost the ball again so quickly which allowed him to then win another tackle and rinse repeat.  The conversion of possession into shots and goals scored last year truly was remarkable when you compare it to this season and the season before last. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 10, 2017, 03:57:05 PM »

Interesting article from the RPost stats guru Pullien who is as excellent as ever in his analysis.  Worth a read.

interesting

Think it probably breaks down to him winning loads of tackles but it not being converted into possession long term because the other players lost the ball again so quickly which allowed him to then win another tackle and rinse repeat.  The conversion of possession into shots and goals scored last year truly was remarkable when you compare it to this season and the season before last.  

we didn't need possession to have a chance because the transition from winning the ball to final third was so quick. back to front in 12 seconds, two passes.

eg scored a lot of these types of goals (and vardy ran hotter than the sun for a whole season which meant conversion rates were huge)

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 10, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »

Interesting article from the RPost stats guru Pullien who is as excellent as ever in his analysis.  Worth a read.

interesting

Think it probably breaks down to him winning loads of tackles but it not being converted into possession long term because the other players lost the ball again so quickly which allowed him to then win another tackle and rinse repeat.  The conversion of possession into shots and goals scored last year truly was remarkable when you compare it to this season and the season before last.  

we didn't need possession to have a chance because the transition from winning the ball to final third was so quick. back to front in 12 seconds, two passes.

eg scored a lot of these types of goals (and vardy ran hotter than the sun for a whole season which meant conversion rates were huge)

Sure but you still have to do the other side of the coin and defend against huge possession %'s from the other team and keep them out.  That was the amazing thing for me.  How well your defense operated with bang average talent last season.  Appreciate much easier having Kante in front of that defense helped no end.  

My mother couldn't resist getting me a LCFC champions t-shirt for xmas as well from the club shop!  Quite good quality.  Highly recommended.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 10, 2017, 04:26:28 PM »

at the time i thought it was good coaching. teams could not get through Kante so went wide, when they put crosses in they not only found morgan/huth (whose vulnerabilities are when being played through against, not balls in the air) but fuchs and simpson playing very narrow.

this season, watching the same back four, i realised even more that it only worked with kante there to funnel it out wide. no other midfielder on our books was able to do it, so downgraded the impact of coaching in my mind.   

this is why Ndidi is potentially a very important signing, but will have a better idea on that after we've played chelsea at home on saturday evening. If he bottles up Hazard and co, even partially, and allows us to soak up pressure and play the counter again it would be very promising

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 10, 2017, 09:55:47 PM »

at the time i thought it was good coaching. teams could not get through Kante so went wide, when they put crosses in they not only found morgan/huth (whose vulnerabilities are when being played through against, not balls in the air) but fuchs and simpson playing very narrow.

this season, watching the same back four, i realised even more that it only worked with kante there to funnel it out wide. no other midfielder on our books was able to do it, so downgraded the impact of coaching in my mind.   

this is why Ndidi is potentially a very important signing, but will have a better idea on that after we've played chelsea at home on saturday evening. If he bottles up Hazard and co, even partially, and allows us to soak up pressure and play the counter again it would be very promising

Indeedy, yah, probs got the inside track from some Genkians on putting Hazard in his pocket - arf, arf.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 27, 2017, 09:38:00 PM »

Gone a bit quiet on this, previously chirpy, thread

Lolster were so much better when they knew they couldn't really play football

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 28, 2017, 11:10:05 AM »

i didn't start the thread, but when exactly else is a supporter of a middle sized provincial club going to chirp than when it wins the league by ten points?

i haven't been to many games since October, so don't quite have the same perspective this time round.

suffice to say a variety of reasons combine

1 never ever seen a team miss one player as badly as we miss Kante. he really made our style last season workable and made, in particular, morgan and huth look far better than they are because they were so fabulously protecte. i think all this was identifed on here by me before he left.
2 the summer transfer spending hasn't worked (with perhaps 1 exception, Slimani). rather than strengthening the squad there are some signs it has fractured team spirit. again i have talked about this on here
3 Ranieri has had to tinker, and trying anything other than 4-4-2 has proved problematic. yet 4-4-2 is tough often playing 2 in the middle with 3 up against them. talked about nthis on here in aongst all the chirping too
4 teams have adapted, defending deeper, so Vardy in particular has had no space in behind (thatg is when he's not doing hello magazine shoots). often talked about this too.

all that said, home form is still ok. still can't have us favourites at Brnley on Tuesday though. we were favourites last night at Derby too.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 28, 2017, 11:19:27 AM »

i didn't start the thread, but when exactly else is a supporter of a middle sized provincial club going to chirp than when it wins the league by ten points?

i haven't been to many games since October, so don't quite have the same perspective this time round.

suffice to say a variety of reasons combine

1 never ever seen a team miss one player as badly as we miss Kante. he really made our style last season workable and made, in particular, morgan and huth look far better than they are because they were so fabulously protecte. i think all this was identifed on here by me before he left.
2 the summer transfer spending hasn't worked (with perhaps 1 exception, Slimani). rather than strengthening the squad there are some signs it has fractured team spirit. again i have talked about this on here
3 Ranieri has had to tinker, and trying anything other than 4-4-2 has proved problematic. yet 4-4-2 is tough often playing 2 in the middle with 3 up against them. talked about nthis on here in aongst all the chirping too
4 teams have adapted, defending deeper, so Vardy in particular has had no space in behind (thatg is when he's not doing hello magazine shoots). often talked about this too.

all that said, home form is still ok. still can't have us favourites at Brnley on Tuesday though. we were favourites last night at Derby too.

I am rather hoping Burnley beat them on Tuesday, having examined my "Open Bets".

oioi

Thanks Rich.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 28, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »

Can't believe you fed the troll, Tighty Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 28, 2017, 11:48:56 AM »

Erudite, posh & aged troll, please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 28, 2017, 11:50:06 AM »

I might add that there were blonde software problems overnight, & Tighty was up half the night sorting them, so he's not in the best of frame of mind this morning, I fancy.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 28, 2017, 11:51:38 AM »

Standard football bants - laugh at the other guys team when they are doing shite. Lolster are terrible this season and it makes me very happy. Vardy spends the entire game giving the thumbs up to one of his colleagues who just lumped it 40 yds in his vague direction. Never on the end of it though-it's to fun.

Danny Donkwater for England anyone ? Allbutgone on the wide right. Muggan, Simple, Fucked and Hoof at the back - just incred what they did last year but loving the sheer mediocrity this

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: January 28, 2017, 11:52:58 AM »

Erudite, posh & aged troll, please.

Haha, for footie we revert to neandertroll :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: