blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:42:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate my shares
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate my shares  (Read 57928 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2015, 02:33:51 AM »

What prices did you buy at so we can rate them pls

No problem - my portfolio graph looks like an umbrella, ridic rapid gain against all sense in the first 10 days (from 48000  to 50430) and back where we started overall more or less at around 48400

BARC 220
VOD 223
LRD 343
BOO 34
RR  564

sola virtus nobilitat
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2015, 09:13:30 AM »

What prices did you buy at so we can rate them pls

No problem - my portfolio graph looks like an umbrella, ridic rapid gain against all sense in the first 10 days (from 48000  to 50430) and back where we started overall more or less at around 48400

BARC 220
VOD 223
LRD 343
BOO 34
RR  564

I was told yesterday that is the "Santa bounce" for equities. Which tails off when liquidity falls out the market. I spend too much time with investment consultantants
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2015, 10:57:28 AM »

ref BP

"Andrew Neil ‏@afneil now2 minutes ago

As oil slumps to $37 + Russia plans for v low oil prices, Int. Energy Agency says Opec stopped operating as cartel and is “pumping at will”.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »

The main causes of low oil prices are shale oil/ fracking (and the associated problems of oil storage in Cushing OK. Where they set US oil prices) and high prices themselves.

High prices caused changes in behaviour, fuel efficient cars, solar panels, wind turbines, insulation in buildings, the slow down in China, all of these meant a permanent lowering demand for oil, which, with the increased supply has nearly quartered prices.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2015, 06:44:32 PM »

Nice Santa Claus rally today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2015, 07:09:12 PM »

Nice Santa Claus rally today

Yes definitely, from a peak on 3rd December the portfolio dropped 4k to the 14th December - with today's rally we made 2K back since the 14th to be at £48476 - that's about a month now and a small gain shown.

Looked into all of them a little more and not inclined to change any of them at the moment although becoming less sure about the rationale for Vodafone of the 5 held

sola virtus nobilitat
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »

Dumped my BP shares for a small profit.  Have gone into Smiths Group (SMIN) at 958.

Anyone have a good source of accurate and up to date basic info on companies?  For example if you look at "Dividend Cover", bottom of the right hand column, for BP it says 2.83 which is bollocks. 

http://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/quote/BP.

Don't know if this is the DM just not updating or AJBell. 
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2015, 03:03:24 PM »

If you look on the company website they'll have a page usually called Investor Relations or something like that and I'll have PDFs that you can download of all their quarterly and annual reports including balance sheets.

Be sure to read it thoroughly though, there's usually a fair bit of wizardry in there so have a look at th auditors comments, all of the asterisks etc.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2015, 04:14:06 PM »

Interesting video interview on this page (12 mins in)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/diyinvesting/article-3352917/Investing-avoid-problem-shares-pick-winners.html#v-3984597068852279528

Some of the things the fund manager says def apply to gambling in general. 
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2015, 12:51:31 PM »

Dumped my BP shares for a small profit.  Have gone into Smiths Group (SMIN) at 958.

Anyone have a good source of accurate and up to date basic info on companies?  For example if you look at "Dividend Cover", bottom of the right hand column, for BP it says 2.83 which is bollocks. 

http://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/quote/BP.

Don't know if this is the DM just not updating or AJBell. 

I'm not an expert, but I'm aware that %'s & ratios are often expressed based on the latest published accounts...
However, there will often be quotes/references made to 'projected/forward' results etc, which of course are entirely subjective. It's worth trawling through various free websites where you will chance upon links to research done by the likes of Edison.
Apologies if any/all of this is "grannies/eggs"
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2016, 10:34:02 AM »

Apparently they have full consent for drilling so a nice rise is expected for UKOG.
They have been granted permission by OGA to flow-test the well that's already been drilled. UKOG own a 20% share of this particular (Horse Hill) development. There won't be any impact on the sp until the results of the flow test. I hope you haven't invested too heavily in a share that you don't appear to know a great deal about. Never trust the word of a "mate/city type down the pub" without doing your own research.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »

Apparently they have full consent for drilling so a nice rise is expected for UKOG.
They have been granted permission by OGA to flow-test the well that's already been drilled. UKOG own a 20% share of this particular (Horse Hill) development. There won't be any impact on the sp until the results of the flow test. I hope you haven't invested too heavily in a share that you don't appear to know a great deal about. Never trust the word of a "mate/city type down the pub" without doing your own research.

Apologies - Tikay has already covered this in far better detail than me, and you've explained the rationale behind your £2k investment.

Just a "good luck" from me, in that case!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2016, 03:19:39 PM »

Stock markets have fallen after a sharp decline in Chinese shares, while oil and gold prices have increased as tensions rise in the Middle East.

Trading in China's main stock markets ended early on Monday after the indexes tumbled 7%.

Europe's main stock markets followed Asia lower, with the FTSE 100 sinking 2.4% and Germany's Dax index down 4.3%.

Meanwhile, news that Saudi Arabia had broken off diplomatic ties with Iran sent oil and gold prices higher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35219745

My eyes are open wide
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2016, 03:29:08 PM »

I've gone in for Aggreko because I liked the name.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2016, 12:33:32 PM »

£2.6trillion off world stock markets in 2016

how are we all doing?

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »