blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 165923 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: October 18, 2016, 02:24:39 PM »

Amazed at the comments here.

I thought Will Kassouf was totally attention seeking and over the top.

If he was an amateur I would deem his antics as very innappropriate and annoying. As a professional they are totally totally unacceptable. The guy is tanking so unnecessarily every hand just because he likes the sound of his own voice. He's wasting a crazy amount of time just to get camera time.

It seems to me like the guy just doesnt get it. If everyone acted like he does, there would be 4 hands an hour and the game would be totally intolerable.

It seems to me that he's essentially a decent bloke but just doesnt get it and isnt thinking about the bigger picture, only of himself.

It wouldn't make me play any different but already the feature table you get less hands than the other tables and with this guy slowing down the game significantly further I'd be pretty upset at the situation.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 18, 2016, 02:34:04 PM »

So people are separating the talking and the tanking in their opinions.

Consensus here is all the talking is ok but the tanking is not?
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 18, 2016, 03:09:11 PM »

Disliked Moss's role in the whole malarkey, particularly his remark regarding Will 'uploading a picture with a £500 stack in front of him a few days ago on Twitter' - such a nobbish / cheap comment. The fact he was sharing this with Bleznick, who comes across as abhorrent, didn't help.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 18, 2016, 11:01:24 PM »

So people are separating the talking and the tanking in their opinions.

Consensus here is all the talking is ok but the tanking is not?

Not for me - the incessant talking when the opponent is not engaging, and the action is on them, isn't on IMO. It's almost impossible to think properly. I don't think that is fair.

And the constant tanking is pathetic too. But then he does this at every tournament, no matter what the buyin.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 18, 2016, 11:25:07 PM »

There were no winners from that table and the appeal of poker to the wider audience diminished
considerably with this being the showcase event.

Would have defended Will in the previous episodes but can understand why so many of his table mates
got increasingly frustrated with him. Especially when he started stacking all his low denomination chips to
call a raise. That was just childish.

Thought Joesphy in his interview got it about right. They just want to play poker , look at your cards , decide
what you want to do and act. Pretty simple thing to do.

He was always going to fold those 3's as well but time banked it down to the last second just to annoy everyone.

If everyone could see the whole unedited version it might have put a better perspective on it as far as the stalling
tactics went and how frustrated people got.

why was he always going to fold the 3s?  Looked a decision to me.  The shove is only 20 bigs and his opponent was clearly tilting.  It isn't 2005.

That whole hand was a disgrace.   Several people not in the hand talking at Will and none of them got warned for it.  Then the TD pulls him aside in the middle of the hand when he has a decision and warns him about his talk.  Will's talk was clearly ok on this occasion.  Ironically the other players and the TD are more disruptive of Kassouf's thought process than Kassouf manages of anyone else's.  Meh, maybe he had it coming.   

But how can you call someone a clown twice and not get a penalty?  Even when it gets mentioned, there isn't anything other than a general warning to everyone. 

When Will goes too far is when other people have to make their decisions, and if the TD is not happy, that is the time for him to step in and not in the 3s hand.

I think way too much is made of the slow play.  When it was reported back in July, one of the other tables was moving just as slowly and the fast table of the 3 was only playing something like 20% more hands.  Most people get pretty slow 3 out in the WSOP.  Must be nice to be so rich, that you never need to tank for a ladder.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 18, 2016, 11:48:30 PM »

got to just post her now tft has gone tits up.  Ridiculous to ban everybody in my view, think a couple of people are more expert than Kassouf on putting everyone on tilt.

Just a final point on Kassouf, I must have watched every episode for the first time in years.  Likely for the first time since Jamie Gold was on the final table.  I tried watching the one drop episodes too, not sure I even made it to the end of one.  Would love to see the ratings against previous years. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 19, 2016, 12:13:55 AM »

There were no winners from that table and the appeal of poker to the wider audience diminished

Would have defended Will in the previous episodes but can understand why so many of his table mates
got increasingly frustrated with him. Especially when he started stacking all his low denomination chips to

Thought Joesphy in his interview got it about right. They just want to play poker , look at your cards , decide

He was always going to fold those 3's as well but time banked it down to the last second just to annoy everyone.

If everyone could see the whole unedited version it might have put a better perspective on it as far as the stalling

why was he always going to fold the ?  Looked a decision to me.  The shove is only 20 bigs and his opponent was clearly tilting.  It isn't 2005.

That whole hand was a disgrace.   Several people not in the hand talking at Will and none of them got warned for it.  Then the TD pulls him aside in the middle of the hand when he has a decision and warns him about his talk.  Will's talk was clearly ok on this occasion.  Ironically the other players and the TD are more disruptive of Kassouf's thought process than Kassouf manages of anyone else's.  Meh, maybe he had it coming.   

But how can you call someone a clown twice and not get a penalty?  Even when it gets mentioned, there isn't anything other than a general warning to everyone. 

When Will goes too far is when other people have to make their decisions, and if the TD is not happy, that is the time for him to step in and not in the hand.

I think way too much is made of the slow play.  When it was reported back in July, one of the other tables was moving just as slowly and the fast table of the 3 was only playing something like 20% more hands.  Most people get pretty slow 3 out in the WSOP.  Must be nice to be so rich, that you never need to tank for a ladder.

He was never going to call that shove when flipping at best or miles behind . Don't disagree it was worth a think for a minute or two but to deliberately time out was just to wind everyone up. I have been on Wills table a few times and don't mind his talking. Think he can give away as much as he tries to gain when he does rabbit on. Would you have called ?
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 19, 2016, 12:18:51 AM »

Will was never calling there with the threes. He had played quite conservatively up until that point and by then he had even more reason to be conservative. He may be the shover with threes but he wouldn't be the caller for 20bigs.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 19, 2016, 12:24:52 AM »

why was he always going to fold the ?  Looked a decision to me.  The shove is only 20 bigs and his opponent was clearly tilting.  It isn't 2005.

When Will goes too far is when other people have to make their decisions, and if the TD is not happy, that is the time for him to step in and not in the hand.

He was never going to call that shove when flipping at best or miles behind . Don't disagree it was worth a think for a minute or two but to deliberately time out was just to wind everyone up. I have been on Wills table a few times and don't mind his talking. Think he can give away as much as he tries to gain when he does rabbit on. Would you have called ?

I think it is pretty marginal, but he has chips.  Think 66 must be a call if his oppo wasn't tilted, which means 33 can't be terrible vs a tilted opponent?  But you have to balance it by the fact he is running over the table, so why take a marginal call? 

I really am not convinced he deliberately timed out here. 

Funny how kassouf has made pretty much all his oppos look bad here.

I have played with Kassouf too.  I really can't remember him taking that long. 

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 19, 2016, 12:30:13 AM »

nothing wrong with time banking in certain spots.  It is a big edge in numerous forms of the game which most players don't realise close to bubbles.  When you are playing for life changing amounts of cash in the wsop 3 tables out you have every right to do whatever the fuck you want.  The idea of thinking about how it would look on tv (the tv pays nothing to the players at any stage) would never even enter my mind.  It is a once in a life time spot where i would use every spot i possibly could to gain an edge.  If tanking for 20 minutes was an option and suited me i would do it.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 19, 2016, 12:32:48 AM »

I think it is pretty marginal, but he has chips.  Think 66 must be a call if his oppo wasn't tilted, which means 33 can't be terrible vs a tilted opponent?  But you have to balance it by the fact he is running over the table, so why take a marginal call? 

I really am not convinced he deliberately timed out here. 

Funny how kassouf has made pretty much all his oppos look bad here.

I have played with Kassouf too.  I really can't remember him taking that long. 

In that specific situation the last thing Will was going to do was gamble. He had control , table tilted , big stack , no reason to
flip at best. Surprised he showed the 3's to be honest .
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 19, 2016, 01:02:27 AM »

nothing wrong with time banking in certain spots.  It is a big edge in numerous forms of the game which most players don't realise close to bubbles.  When you are playing for life changing amounts of cash in the wsop 3 tables out you have every right to do whatever the fuck you want.  The idea of thinking about how it would look on tv (the tv pays nothing to the players at any stage) would never even enter my mind.  It is a once in a life time spot where i would use every spot i possibly could to gain an edge.  If tanking for 20 minutes was an option and suited me i would do it.

Haha, how it would look on TV is pretty much all Will cares about - he'd tell you that himself.

Also, to Doobs point - totally agree he's made it a kind of must watch this year that I've enjoyed and haven't watched any for years

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 19, 2016, 01:08:07 AM »

Haha, how it would look on TV is pretty much all Will cares about - he'd tell you that himself.

Also, to Doobs point - totally agree he's made it a kind of must watch this year that I've enjoyed and haven't watched any for years

If will thinks like that and loves the TV time it just backs up the fact he isn't a pro and he is a still a lawyer.   In which case given the fact he has paid 10 large to enter and he isn't a pro he can do whatever he wants to suit himself.  Why people think the TV company has any say over what happens or why players who ship 10 large to play the event would even think about the tv audience is just stupid.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 19, 2016, 08:26:25 AM »

The way he takes ages to decide to raise PF and tanks on stupid decisions purely for TV and engages in chatter over completely menial decisions is so fucking tilting, I would be fuming about it, he should just not do that its pointless.

The way they handled it during the 33 vs A8 hand though was not fair to will, should have given him a better chance to think before jumping on him, brought it on himself though.

I don't think Jack Eiffel handles it all that well.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:29:25 AM by SuuPRlim » Logged

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 19, 2016, 08:34:40 PM »

I've just re-watched Episode 12 and listened to the podcast.

He's just a dick.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: