blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:20:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664666 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: February 17, 2018, 06:26:01 PM »

Childish, but I am very juvenile Grin

Click to see full-size image.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: February 18, 2018, 10:04:20 AM »

this is quite a read - Mueller indictment detailing alleged systematic interference in US election from beginning 2016, planned from 2014 by St Petersburg-based Internet Research Agency:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: February 18, 2018, 10:10:59 AM »

this is tremendous journalism

"One woman’s detailed account of an affair and dozens of pages of documents reveal patterns in Donald Trump’s behavior with women—and an elaborate system of payoffs and intermediaries used to silence women with stories about him."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/donald-trump-a-playboy-model-and-a-system-for-concealing-infidelity-national-enquirer-karen-mcdougal

My eyes are open wide
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: February 19, 2018, 02:55:07 AM »

this is tremendous journalism

"One woman’s detailed account of an affair and dozens of pages of documents reveal patterns in Donald Trump’s behavior with women—and an elaborate system of payoffs and intermediaries used to silence women with stories about him."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/donald-trump-a-playboy-and-a-system-for-concealing-infidelity-national-enquirer-karen-mcdougal

That news is so old, it makes me look young. He'll get away with it so long as 'the Lads' are grand with it.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: February 19, 2018, 01:14:22 PM »

Just finished reading the Fire and Fury book and it's a really interesting read. Some of the stuff in there regarding the real lack of political minded people around Trump and the power that the Jarvanka combo have despite having next to zero experience is scary really. A proper comm moment was Steve Bannon having a list of 100's of executive orders he planned to implement but had no real idea of the process for releasing EO's. He called in one of the staffers to ask if they knew the process for releasing EO's and when he didn't know either then told him to go and search the Internet to find out about executive orders.

He was the 2nd most powerful man in the Government at the time.

The amount of back biting and professional level leaking against each other was eye opening too. On one occasion a senior member of Trumps team rang a journo when drunk and gave him lots of harsh opinions about the Trump team personnel. This diatribe including a rant that he was not of the Steve Bannon mindset, he was there to do a good job not suck his own cock.

Later that evening Bannon found out about the piece when he received a call from the fact checkers from the publication the guy had been ranting to asking him for a comment about an accusation that he sucked his own cock. This kind of backstabbing/tit for tat stuff found its way into day to day decision making because persons ABCDE etc would always disagree with the views or ideas from VWXYZ.

Makes it sound more like the TV series 'Secret life of 5 year olds' than a US government team.

Deffo a recommended read.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:17:38 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: February 20, 2018, 12:57:18 AM »

Bill Clinton is in the news. CNN is claiming that the process whereby Clinton ended up testifying, including consideration of whether a sitting President could be subpoenaed, is pertinent to the current situation and has petitoned the courts to release Grand Jury documents from the Starr investigation.  “Given that the present administration faces the possibility of compelled presidential testimony and the application of various privileges, there is a keen public interest in learning more about how those interactions took place during the 1998 clash between an independent prosecutorial body and the executive branch.” The press consensus is that such a release would aid Mueller rather than Trump. However, Bill wants an opportunity to present his view on the matter.

'Secrecy of Clinton Records Lifted, 20 Years On'
https://www.courthousenews.com/secrecy-of-clinton-records-lifted-20-years-on/

'SECRET CLINTON DOCUMENTS COULD HELP MUELLER INTERVIEW TRUMP IN RUSSIA PROBE: REPORT'
http://www.newsweek.com/clinton-secret-documents-trump-mueller-805109

'Bill Clinton wants to weigh in on whether to release sealed 1998 grand jury documents'
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics/bill-clinton-federal-court-lewinsky-investigation/index.html

As recently as the 2016 election, Bill was at the forefront of the campaign. Now, with #MeToo prominent, he is toxic once again and has been scrapped from this year's mid-term campaign.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: February 20, 2018, 03:57:16 AM »

Support Your Local Nazi

You thought Roy Jones was an extremist candidate? You ain't seen nuthin yet.

This is Art Jones, prospective Republican candidate for Congress.

Art is a proper Nazi and heads a group called the American First Committee, membership of which is open to "any white American citizen of European, non-Jewish descent". He supported Trump in 2016 but regrets doing so because the President “surrounded himself with hordes of Jews, including a Jew in his own family, that punk named Jared Kushner”. There is some strong stuff on his website http://artjonesforcongressman.com/, along with a couple of surprisingly sensible policies.

Jones is standing in Illinois, which is overwhelmingly Democrat and the Republicans have no prospect of winning the seat. Though they have put up candidates before, the Republicans couldn't find anyone who would run this time, but didn't think it mattered as they weren't going to win anyway. Jones stayed under cover by collecting the required signatures door-to-door without the party noticing, and then waited until deadline day to file his candidacy. He is the only candidate and is guaranteed to win. In 2016 the Party managed to find something wrong with his paperwork and disqualified him but he has straightened it out this time and seems set to be the Party's representative in November. The State party is embarrassed and its Chairman, Timothy Schneider, has issued a statement: “We strongly oppose [Jones’] racist views and his candidacy for any public office. The Illinois Republican party and our country have no place for Nazis.” Too late, Timothy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/how-a-nazi-made-the-ballot-in-illinois/552758/
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2452 on: February 20, 2018, 07:48:19 AM »

Incredible story. Thanks Trav.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: February 20, 2018, 09:13:38 AM »

this is really good

essay on Melania's Instagram remains one of the best and most insightful articles on the internet about the Trump family.

https://medium.com/@kate8/fairytale-prisoner-by-choice-the-photographic-eye-of-melania-trump-f1f7b97fff29

My eyes are open wide
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: February 20, 2018, 06:36:13 PM »

Thread is still delivering, thanks a lot to everyone on here for keeping the rest of us up to date with what's going on!

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: February 21, 2018, 10:20:22 AM »

The most important -- and the most ignored -- chart in the world.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/trumps-2019-budget-proposal-live-analysis

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: February 22, 2018, 09:45:04 AM »

There is definitely more pushback after this shooting that any of the previous ones. It remains to be seen whether it can be sustained but, so far, the teenagers from the school have managed to cut through the smokescreens more successfully than previous attempts. It is just possible there might be some progress.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: February 22, 2018, 03:50:09 PM »

The President's notes for his meeting with the students.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: February 24, 2018, 12:14:42 PM »

Now it's McMaster. The speculation on who's next to go has turned to HR McMaster, the National Security Advisor, who now seems to be in Trump's sights. Unlike Kelly, he is still a serving General, so could go back to the military.

'McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump'
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/22/politics/hr-mcmaster-future-trump-white-house/index.html

It would continue the most extraordinary turnover of senior staff. The occupants of six of the twelve Tier One positions were replaced in the first year. In the same period, Obama replaced the holder of one Tier One position and GW Bush didn't replace any. And it doesn't seem to be over. We continually hear that the tensions with Tillerson, Kelly or McMaster could tip over soon. Even Hope Hicks cqme under pressure recently. And Kushner seems to be in two minds about whether to leave, though that decision is in his own hands.

All of these people held senior positions under Trump, either in the campaign, the White House or in government agencies. All are no longer working for him. And these are just staffers, so don't include politicians he used and then dropped, like Christie, Giuliani, Gingrich.......

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/13/politics/staff-turnover-white-house/index.html
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: February 24, 2018, 02:21:00 PM »

One of the key points in the Fire and Fury book is that Trumps main trait/failure is he judges everything on a personal level. Many accounts in there of him hating people for a spell because they disagreed with some of the things they discyussed because they didn't agree with him. Then moving on to hating the next person when they disagreed with him.  You think this could be the main reason he is turning over staff so quickly?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: