blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:27:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 669977 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: December 08, 2018, 09:32:11 AM »

The 306 words Trump has written about Rex Tillerson on twitter

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: December 08, 2018, 03:26:46 PM »

They were talking about that Tweet last night.

It's com watching him just flip 180s on people, as soon as they do something doesn't like Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: December 09, 2018, 09:59:00 AM »

Congress will have to "start impeachment" process after Cohen filings, former Nixon counsel says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/08/congress-will-have-start-impeachment-process-after-cohen-filings-former-nixon-counsel-says/

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: December 12, 2018, 05:15:55 AM »

Farcical brawl in the OO between Schumer, Pelosi and Trump, with Pence hanging around, uncomfortable about being so close to a woman without his wife bring present.

Apparently Donald was so frustrated with how it went that he threw a folder of briefing notes afterwards, scattering the pages across a room.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: December 12, 2018, 12:42:57 PM »

Farcical brawl in the OO between Schumer, Pelosi and Trump, with Pence hanging around, uncomfortable about being so close to a woman without his wife bring present.

Apparently Donald was so frustrated with how it went that he threw a folder of briefing notes afterwards, scattering the pages across a room.

Ha. Is it a convention that the VP doesn't speak unless invited to when the president is there

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: December 12, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »

Waxwork, obv Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: December 12, 2018, 12:58:50 PM »

Why does he need money, anyway?

Thought he would build it, and they would pay.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: December 12, 2018, 01:12:04 PM »

Haha. Can't believe the Mexicans aren't doing the right thing

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: December 12, 2018, 01:13:44 PM »

Every Vote Counts!

You might think sometimes that your individual vote doesn't count. People in Alaska who thought that and didn't bother to vote have just had a nasty surprise. With 39 out of 40 seats decided in the State House of Representatives, the Republicans have 20 seats and the Democrats have 19, so the final seat is crucial to how the whole State will be run for the foreseeable future.

The election was three weeks ago - so what's the delay?

Well, the count was a tie:

District 1:
Bart LeBon (Republican)       2,661
Kathryn Dodge (Democrat)   2,661

It wasn't a tie to start with, but a few votes were found for the loser, who went ahead. Then a few more were found for both, which tied it up.

A few days later, they had a machine recount. Still a tie.

Then they had a full recount by hand. Still a tie.

The election officials certified all the results, including this one as a tie.

So the State's future was going to be decided by lots.

Then - they found another vote. One vote was discovered in a box for questionable ballots, where it had been placed after being found in a secrecy sleeve on a desk. Now they're not sure whether to count it. It's a vote for the Democrat and the decision will decide the whole future of Alaska's legislation. At a press conference, officials suggested that it's not actually a questioned ballot, but arose from a husband and wife who have the same name, so it looks like it probably will be counted.

The final decision on the uncounted ballot will be announced today and then there will be another full recount. One further twist is that any absentee ballots that are returned by then will be included. Only a tiny proportion of absentee ballots are ever returned, but they tend to be from military, who tend to be conservative and favour Republicans, and there are 60 still outstanding, so the outcome is still in doubt.

Then expect the legal challenges to begin.

Click to see full-size image.

The Uncounted Vote

One of the most jaw-dropping posts I've ever read on blonde.

Pardon the cliché, but you can't make this stuff up, can you?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: December 12, 2018, 02:04:36 PM »

Every Vote Counts!

You might think sometimes that your individual vote doesn't count. People in Alaska who thought that and didn't bother to vote have just had a nasty surprise. With 39 out of 40 seats decided in the State House of Representatives, the Republicans have 20 seats and the Democrats have 19, so the final seat is crucial to how the whole State will be run for the foreseeable future.

The election was three weeks ago - so what's the delay?

Well, the count was a tie:

District 1:
Bart LeBon (Republican)       2,661
Kathryn Dodge (Democrat)   2,661

It wasn't a tie to start with, but a few votes were found for the loser, who went ahead. Then a few more were found for both, which tied it up.

A few days later, they had a machine recount. Still a tie.

Then they had a full recount by hand. Still a tie.

The election officials certified all the results, including this one as a tie.

So the State's future was going to be decided by lots.

Then - they found another vote. One vote was discovered in a box for questionable ballots, where it had been placed after being found in a secrecy sleeve on a desk. Now they're not sure whether to count it. It's a vote for the Democrat and the decision will decide the whole future of Alaska's legislation. At a press conference, officials suggested that it's not actually a questioned ballot, but arose from a husband and wife who have the same name, so it looks like it probably will be counted.

The final decision on the uncounted ballot will be announced today and then there will be another full recount. One further twist is that any absentee ballots that are returned by then will be included. Only a tiny proportion of absentee ballots are ever returned, but they tend to be from military, who tend to be conservative and favour Republicans, and there are 60 still outstanding, so the outcome is still in doubt.

Then expect the legal challenges to begin.

Click to see full-size image.

The Uncounted Vote

One of the most jaw-dropping posts I've ever read on blonde.

Pardon the cliché, but you can't make this stuff up, can you?

Fascinating stuff and it still goes on.....   From yesterday:

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - The Republican candidate in a disputed Alaska House race is challenging the handling of four ballots in the race.

Republican Bart LeBon, through his attorney, raised the questions as part of an ongoing legal fight over the Fairbanks seat. LeBon asked that he be reaffirmed the winner.

A recount showed LeBon winning by one vote over Democrat Kathryn Dodge, who last week appealed the outcome to the Alaska Supreme Court.

Dodge argued that two ballots were wrongly excluded and that two were wrongly included. LeBon’s challenges appear to involve different ballots.

The high court has appointed a Superior Court judge as a special master to review the ballot questions and issue a report.

The state unsuccessfully asked the Supreme Court to speed the timetable for a decision.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: December 12, 2018, 02:47:58 PM »

Haha. Can't believe the Mexicans aren't doing the right thing

Disgraceful behaviour.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: December 13, 2018, 01:39:59 PM »

very interesting, today is not the usual screeching

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump

I never directed Michael Cohen to break the law. He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law. It is called “advice of counsel,” and a lawyer has great liability if a mistake is made. That is why they get paid. Despite that many campaign finance lawyers have strongly......

--

I’m going to state the obvious—Trump didn’t write this, and he’s tweeting this quasi-legal argument instead of his usual “No Collusion!” schtick because he knows he’s in real trouble.

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: December 13, 2018, 02:55:51 PM »

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

I never directed Michael Cohen to break the law. He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law. It is called “advice of counsel,” and a lawyer has great liability if a mistake is made. That is why they get paid. Despite that many campaign finance lawyers have strongly......

--

I’m going to state the obvious—Trump didn’t write this, and he’s tweeting this quasi-legal argument instead of his usual “No Collusion!” schtick because he knows he’s in real trouble.

A million he wrote that Cheesy

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: December 13, 2018, 03:24:12 PM »

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

--

Slipped up in part 3 by referring to "the president" in the 3rd person, then switching back to "me".  Zero chance Trump does this.

....guilty even on a civil basis. Those charges were just agreed to by him in order to embarrass the president and get a much reduced prison sentence, which he did-including the fact that his family was temporarily let off the hook. As a lawyer, Michael has great liability to me!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: December 18, 2018, 10:02:40 AM »

“Trump may emerge as a brazen grifter who, by aspiring to the White House like a wizened, soiled version of Icarus, flew beyond the boundaries of his own luck and abilities and delivered his business, children and well-being into the hands of prosecutors.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-12-17/donald-trump-s-legal-vise-how-the-probes-have-proliferated

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: