blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:01:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 195593 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 10, 2017, 11:17:55 AM »

Whoever starts at QB for Cleveland, he should be well protected:

Joe Thomas, Joel Bitonio, JC Tretter, Kevin Zeitler, Austin Pasztor is a nice OL

with Garrett to come at 1.

build the trenches,then 37m draft picks to get skill players in the next couple of years

would really like them to build a real powerhouse, so much of the moenyball stuff they are doing is very left field for the NFL

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: March 10, 2017, 11:41:35 AM »

It's such a strange situation, but they've got a bright future with it...

Update on #Browns draft picks:
2017 - 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6
2018 - 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7

11 picks EACH in next 2 drafts

If they get half right then they're looking good!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 14, 2017, 11:17:59 AM »

one of the greats retired yesterday

Demarcus Ware is 8th on the all-time sack list with 138.5.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 16, 2017, 02:41:24 PM »

Incredible stuff

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: March 20, 2017, 11:17:28 PM »

Any love for the Buccs for next year? I know it's stupidly early and you were keen on them last year with the points bet... They've signed really well, improved both sides of the ball, already had a good defence, and strengthened there as well as D Jacks on the offence which will help Jameis, Brate, Evans. Also think that division will be a little earlier. Falcons i expect to drop off a little without Shanahan there, Panthers, who knows, Saints... 7-9...

Anyway. 40/1 available on the Superbowl or 20/1 on the NFC. Obvs 1/2 Ew on either available too.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 21, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »

Any love for the Buccs for next year? I know it's stupidly early and you were keen on them last year with the points bet... They've signed really well, improved both sides of the ball, already had a good defence, and strengthened there as well as D Jacks on the offence which will help Jameis, Brate, Evans. Also think that division will be a little earlier. Falcons i expect to drop off a little without Shanahan there, Panthers, who knows, Saints... 7-9...

Anyway. 40/1 available on the Superbowl or 20/1 on the NFC. Obvs 1/2 Ew on either available too.

have a big advantage in that Winston, who i think is going to be really good,is on his rookie deal so they can pump a lot of their salary cap into improving the team elsewhere. getting one of these good young QBs gives the teams a window to get good and compete before you have to give them $120m over 5 years or whatever then suddenly you are up at salary capand losing players to free agency etc

(Titans are another example, should continue to improve rapidly...maybe the Eagles this year too if Wentz takes that next step etc)

no idea if its value or not,but i would expect a winning record/play offs and from there anything is possible i suppose

My eyes are open wide
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: March 21, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »

The Titans also have a ton of good draft picks don't they? Made a few little moves in FA to some areas they needed to sort but nothing major.

Regards to the Buccs the price has them at 19th most likely. There's 6 or 7 shorter priced in the betting that I'm fairly confident won't make the SB. 4 of those left are NFC opponents. So again. Not sure whether you'd class it as value at all. But I've had a little Ew on them. I feel they'll go shorter as time goes on.

I'll be honest I'm also tempted to lump on the Pats. They're only 5/1 where I've got money (looks like 11/2 and even 6/1 at Choral is available) but they've strengthened a Superbowl winning roster and imo gone further ahead. I can't see anyone stopping them in the AFC anyway.

(I know there's still a huge amount of time left, just got looking at the markets yesterday with my hunch on the Buccs)

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #742 on: April 04, 2017, 07:08:11 PM »

So. Romo didn't join the Texans then. Leaving them supposedly going into the season with Tom Savage (he's real) at QB. He was no worse than Brock so no change on last year with them. I would have expected them to pick up Cutler to be honest, he's probably the best left out there? Around the NFL are suggesting they could move for Fitzpatrick. I don't get that but he does well before he signs longer deals with teams, and apparently he went to a fancy school...

Anyways back to Romo.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000797371/article/dallas-cowboys-quarterback-tony-romo-set-to-retire

Personally i think its the right move for him. He's had a myriad of injuries and he's not getting any younger. He's made a fortune too, and will be paid well by CBS so won't be short of a few bucks. in my eyes he was at risk of taking a final injury that could have affected the rest of his life, he doesn't need that kind of thing any more. "He was also one of the Cowboys' toughest players. During his career, Romo played through broken fingers and ribs, a broken back and a punctured lung. He rushed his recovery from broken clavicles and fingers, often finishing games with a significant limp or hunch."

"Romo will finish his Cowboys career as the franchise leader in passing yards (34,183), touchdowns (248) and, most notably, winning drives. Romo's 30 game-winning drives is seven better than fellow Cowboys legend Roger Staubach and nine more than Troy Aikman."

Worth noting that the Cowboys are keeping hold of his contract and spreading the cap hit over 2 years, so if he does come back anyone wanting him will have to start by talking to the Cowboys

Further numbers here. http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/130843/where-tony-romo-stacks-up-all-time 4th in all time QBR.

Arguably one of the best QBs to have never won a Superbowl ring, and obviously one of the best undrafted free agent in the games history

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #743 on: April 04, 2017, 08:10:30 PM »

Apparently now they are going to release him after all.

Romo says he's retiring, signs a "contract" with CBS, gets released by the Cowboys, turns out the CBS deal was fake. Signs for the Texans giving a middle finger to Jerry on his first press conference with the team.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 04, 2017, 08:12:52 PM »

Romo says he's retiring, signs a "contract" with CBS, gets released by the Cowboys, turns out the CBS deal was fake. Signs for the Texans giving a middle finger to Jerry on his first press conference with the team.

Are you guessing here?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 04, 2017, 08:27:56 PM »

Are you guessing here?

I guessed the post was just missing -  Grin

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #746 on: April 04, 2017, 09:35:39 PM »

Are you guessing here?

Haha, yeah. I missed the Wink sarcasm smiley. Although would be brilliant.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 04, 2017, 11:17:24 PM »

Are you guessing here?

Haha, yeah. I missed the Wink sarcasm smiley. Although would be brilliant.

Spent 10 minutes looking on Twitter to see if this had happened!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 05, 2017, 10:38:50 AM »

best remember that smiley next time. almost tore into you for stupidity!

a very under-rated player Romo, think he'll be a very good broadcaster too (and has to be better than Phil Simms who he replaces)

My eyes are open wide
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 05, 2017, 11:18:22 PM »

Marshawn Lynch to the Raiders.

No, this is not a joke. Lynch is "un-retiring" and headed to the Silver and Black!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000797978/article/marshanw-lynch-tells-raiders-he-intends-to-unretire
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: