blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:29:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  It's mark up time of the year again!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's mark up time of the year again!  (Read 22992 times)
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2016, 12:42:08 AM »

Confirmed moron
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2016, 01:43:13 PM »

most people sell at what they need to, to be able to afford to go, not what they probably believe is fair value.
FOGGO
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2016, 10:31:56 AM »

I joined blonde like 8 year ago and posted like once. I was so pissed off by the news of this thread i requested my log in info and here i am. My dad loves poker bless him but hes as much use as a cock flavoured lolli pop. Hes not charging 1.25 in the main. He didnt play the main cos hes still trying to fkn work his sky box once again bless him. Dan is a very accomolished poker player who spent a good chunk of his life studying all sorts of tactics and strategy. Id back ronaldo in a penalty shootout versus my dad. Because hes better! 1.25 is a joke for dan and to have some mong kick off because he cant beat .25 50 cent and kicks off how aces were cracked on 678 all hearts mate jog on. Dont wanna buy dont buy you absolute lemon. Get a life . ✌️
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2016, 04:51:51 PM »

What have I become on this forum :p getting big timed in the PHA and now I'm a moaning mong.

As I think has been said, this thread wasn't just aimed at Dan, although his post on Facebook was one of the ones that particularly bothered me this time around. There have been all sorts of questions discussed here surrounding whether mark up as reasonable, and if so at what point does it become unreasonable? I'm sorry to have upset you, if indeed that is the case.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »

What have I become on this forum :p getting big timed in the PHA and now I'm a moaning mong.

As I think has been said, this thread wasn't just aimed at Dan, although his post on Facebook was one of the ones that particularly bothered me this time around. There have been all sorts of questions discussed here surrounding whether mark up as reasonable, and if so at what point does it become unreasonable? I'm sorry to have upset you, if indeed that is the case.

Dunno if you upset him as it was quite hard to decode.  Ronaldo and a cock flavoured lollipop were the key takeaways.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2016, 09:53:50 PM »

Played with Dan on day 3 of the main and would buy at 1.3 next year.

Reckon you need to have played the main to get an idea of its value.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
danshreddies

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2016, 10:21:42 PM »

Bubbled me you mean? *****. :p :p :p

h. jk jk. Nice run man. wp Cheesy

i do still think my mark up was super reasonable. compare it to an American, many of these sell at 1.3-1.4, a lot of the regs have fallen behind everyone else in terms of ability (RIp online poker, and they have to pay tax. so at 1.4, you paying $140  for 70% )tax is 30 i believe) - that's like 2.0... i still feel the 1.25 i charged felt more than fair. even if i did bubble :p
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2016, 10:35:16 PM »

I joined blonde like 8 year ago and posted like once. I was so pissed off by the news of this thread i requested my log in info and here i am. My dad loves poker bless him but hes as much use as a cock flavoured lolli pop. Hes not charging 1.25 in the main. He didnt play the main cos hes still trying to fkn work his sky box once again bless him. Dan is a very accomolished poker player who spent a good chunk of his life studying all sorts of tactics and strategy. Id back ronaldo in a penalty shootout versus my dad. Because hes better! 1.25 is a joke for dan and to have some mong kick off because he cant beat .25 50 cent and kicks off how aces were cracked on 678 all hearts mate jog on. Dont wanna buy dont buy you absolute lemon. Get a life . ✌️

You might have some good points you might not, but I automatically feel like you don't know what you're talking about when you spout off like a 9yr old when someone had a go at his fwend.

I know more than most people about buying action in LV, and being "accomplished" and "spent a chunk of life studying" is about 20% of the considerations.

*not saying Dan is good or bad value at 1.xx, just saying above post is misguided in the manor of its defence, but I do respect the intentions.

danshreddies

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2016, 11:08:30 PM »

Please... It's moron, not mong. ---- Jkjk
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2016, 09:52:44 AM »

Bubbled me you mean? *****. :p :p :p

h. jk jk. Nice run man. wp Cheesy

i do still think my mark up was super reasonable. compare it to an American, many of these sell at 1.3-1.4, a lot of the regs have fallen behind everyone else in terms of ability (RIp online poker, and they have to pay tax. so at 1.4, you paying $140  for 70% )tax is 30 i believe) - that's like 2.0... i still feel the 1.25 i charged felt more than fair. even if i did bubble :p

Completely wrong regarding tax.

As for the main, I feel nearly everyone under estimates a good players edge in this event, although people also over estimate how many good players there are.

There are plenty of people who win in £1k's in the UK that I wouldn't touch at 1.25 in the main and then there are plenty of people I would happily pay 2.0 for.

Meanwhile I'm 0/7 in the ME, super soft, send more money.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2016, 05:15:07 PM »

a lot of players are drawing dead to win the tournament which makes up the bulk of one's roi

Christopher Brammer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: