blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:52:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Manchester Arena bombing
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester Arena bombing  (Read 70426 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »

Circuit board found in Manchester bomb detonator suggests someone was ready to trigger explosive remotely if attacker Salman Abedi’s nerve failed

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3645891/manchester-another-bomber-nerve-failed/

If they have the technology to trigger it remotely, why did they sacrifice an operative who was prepared to place a bomb?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2017, 02:49:03 PM »

Circuit board found in Manchester bomb detonator suggests someone was ready to trigger explosive remotely if attacker Salman Abedi’s nerve failed

If they have the technology to trigger it remotely, why did they sacrifice an operative who was prepared to place a bomb?

Virgins ldo...
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »

Virgins ldo...

https://vimeo.com/24341019

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2017, 05:34:08 PM »

So to be clear the tories have cut back on policing and we are to be  believed they are providing strong and stable governance?

I fully expect that Labour won't make political capital out of this attack but Mrs May in her previous job promised to cut immigration to the 10's of thousands, it increased, no doubt there has been a greater security risk from many of those people who have landed here.  I wonder how many of those involved in the thwarted attacks were homegrown?

I think without going and checking there has been more terror in the UK on the tories watch than when under Labour. 

Lastly, can you imagine what the situation would have been in Manchester had the tories had their way and brought in more privatisation to the NHS. 

There seems to me no plan for combatting extremists, if there is it must be a secret. 

Maybe Corbyn was right all along, after all he had the foresight see this happening when speaking out against the Iraq invasion.  It seems that over the past few days every security expert I have listened to now accepts that the country as a whole would be much safer had it not been for the Iraq invasion and subsequent  attacks in Syria and for supporting the overthrow of Gaddaffi.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2017, 05:39:49 PM »

How much planning does something like this actually take
Like past the brain washing part
Is it just too easy for them to send someone over here from wherever, have them make a bomb and then blow something up the next day.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2017, 06:14:50 PM »

So to be clear the tories have cut back on policing and we are to be  believed they are providing strong and stable governance?

I fully expect that Labour won't make political capital out of this attack but Mrs May in her previous job promised to cut immigration to the 10's of thousands, it increased, no doubt there has been a greater security risk from many of those people who have landed here.  I wonder how many of those involved in the thwarted attacks were homegrown?

I think without going and checking there has been more terror in the UK on the tories watch than when under Labour. 

Lastly, can you imagine what the situation would have been in Manchester had the tories had their way and brought in more privatisation to the NHS. 

There seems to me no plan for combatting extremists, if there is it must be a secret. 

Maybe Corbyn was right all along, after all he had the foresight see this happening when speaking out against the Iraq invasion.  It seems that over the past few days every security expert I have listened to now accepts that the country as a whole would be much safer had it not been for the Iraq invasion and subsequent  attacks in Syria and for supporting the overthrow of Gaddaffi.

It would be appropriate to look at how much of the budget has been spent on counter terrorism rather than the police budget as a whole.

I would be suprised if the coalition or Tories actual cut spending in that area given the events in Paris, Brussels etc in recent years.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2017, 07:46:30 PM »

Is it just too easy for them to send someone over here from wherever, have them make a bomb and then blow something up the next day.

How can you stop someone making a bomb and blowing something up though?

Organised terror plots seem to be foiled the vast % of the time (which i find quite incredible tbh)...hence why the ISIS newsletter (omg yes that's a thing :S ) encourages solitary lunatics to drive cars/lorries etc into crowded places. No elaborate planning required and very difficult for the authorities to foil a plot which basically only exists in someones mind.

Scary times we live in.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2017, 09:26:32 PM »

So to be clear the tories have cut back on policing and we are to be  believed they are providing strong and stable governance?

I fully expect that Labour won't make political capital out of this attack but Mrs May in her previous job promised to cut immigration to the 10's of thousands, it increased, no doubt there has been a greater security risk from many of those people who have landed here.  I wonder how many of those involved in the thwarted attacks were homegrown?

Maybe Corbyn was right all along, after all he had the foresight see this happening when speaking out against the Iraq invasion.  It seems that over the past few days every security expert I have listened to now accepts that the country as a whole would be much safer had it not been for the Iraq invasion and subsequent  attacks in Syria and for supporting the overthrow of Gaddaffi.

It would be appropriate to look at how much of the budget has been spent on counter terrorism rather than the police budget as a whole.

I would be suprised if the coalition or Tories actual cut spending in that area given the events in Paris, Brussels etc in recent years.

To answer pokerbroker's point about Labour not making political capital out of this attack and his point about policing budgets - I looked at the numbers.

In 2015, rather than cutting the budget to protect us against terrorism, Osborne committed to increase the budget from £11.7bn to £15.1bn over the parliament.

It doesn't suit Pokerbrokers narrative but specifically on counter terrorism there has been a much higher budget and significant increase above inflation.

It would be stupid of Corbyn to attack them on this issue. He has other areas where he should attack government policy.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:29:52 PM by RickBFA » Logged
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »

How can you stop someone making a bomb and blowing something up though?

Organised terror plots seem to be foiled the vast % of the time (which i find quite incredible tbh)...hence why the ISIS newsletter (omg yes that's a thing :S ) encourages solitary lunatics to drive cars/lorries etc into crowded places. No elaborate planning required and very difficult for the authorities to foil a plot which basically only exists in someones mind.

Scary times we live in.

Agree with David.

As I said earlier in the thread, I cannot see a solution. If we send more bombs over to ISIS it will just multply the amount of people who want to sign up for jihad.

Scary indeed.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2017, 10:10:30 PM »

A man on Radio Scotland advocated a Muslim ban.

Host asked him if he should be blamed for Ian Brady.

Man: "What's that got to do with me?"

It is so depressing when idiots say stuff like that. Fortunately, we can totally discount their views as they are clearly unable to process logic coherently.

Can we totally discount their views? I worry about the numbers that have this view. Is there anyway of them changing their views?

Fair point Matthew.

Way too many seem to think that is the answer, & I don't think it will be in their nature to change their views or listen to rational logic.

Banning any religion, any time, anywhere on this planet, will always worsen the position.

Eduaction and a fairer distribution of the wealth of the world is the only solution I can possibly see.

And that would take decades.

I'm not going to hold my breath.

Education would certainly help.

What is wrong with a bit of redistribution of wealth?

Many Arab Muslims live in oil rich countries, yet very few of the inhabitants of the country benefit from this.

Seems unfair doesn't it.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2017, 10:29:38 PM »

So to be clear the tories have cut back on policing and we are to be  believed they are providing strong and stable governance?

I fully expect that Labour won't make political capital out of this attack but Mrs May in her previous job promised to cut immigration to the 10's of thousands, it increased, no doubt there has been a greater security risk from many of those people who have landed here.  I wonder how many of those involved in the thwarted attacks were homegrown?

Maybe Corbyn was right all along, after all he had the foresight see this happening when speaking out against the Iraq invasion.  It seems that over the past few days every security expert I have listened to now accepts that the country as a whole would be much safer had it not been for the Iraq invasion and subsequent  attacks in Syria and for supporting the overthrow of Gaddaffi.

To answer pokerbroker's point about Labour not making political capital out of this attack and his point about policing budgets - I looked at the numbers.

In 2015, rather than cutting the budget to protect us against terrorism, Osborne committed to increase the budget from £11.7bn to £15.1bn over the parliament.

It doesn't suit Pokerbrokers narrative but specifically on counter terrorism there has been a much higher budget and significant increase above inflation.

It would be stupid of Corbyn to attack them on this issue. He has other areas where he should attack government policy.

And things feel safer.  Increasing the budget is all very well but that doesn't make it safer if you are cutting front line staff and waging a cyber war. 

I don't have a narrative here, just thinking out loud.  Indeed I'm not a Labour voter or supporter.  But I think I felt safer when Labour were in charge. 

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2017, 01:37:32 AM »

Virgins ldo...

https://vimeo.com/24341019

I prefer this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gMJBQoHJ4E
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2017, 08:41:53 AM »

interesting article

"The attack on Manchester Arena – and those on the Bataclan and the Pulse nightclub before it – can trace their roots to the Wahhabism of Saudi Arabia. The UK and US governments just won’t admit it"

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/manchester-attack-salman-abedi-salafi-jihadism-wahhabism-isis-al-qaeda-islam-muslim-suicide-bombing-a7754301.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2017, 06:43:23 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40059351

15 years lol, k
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2017, 07:16:32 PM »

You know what would really help fight terrorism; if people stopped whinging about maintaining their 'privacy' and just let the authorities monitor the internet, phones, fucking everything that can be monitored. As soon as some tool like this looks up 'bomb making' stick him on a list and monitor his every move. When he purchases a bag of ball bearings from his local DIY store then go and nab him.

Let's get ID cards as well and have fines for not carrying them. Anyone who's slightly dodgy just give them a few points or something so people know they're possibly up to no good. People also need to understand that they may be challenged for an ID card. If they don't like it fuck off somewhere that doesn't make you have a card.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: