blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:04:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The world cup
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The world cup  (Read 55651 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 04, 2018, 10:12:07 AM »

Wouldn't blame him if he did. He's not a first-team regular after all. No real upside for him.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 04, 2018, 10:16:56 AM »

On Twitter, @Bet365 suggested Vardy was injured;

Jamie Vardy was due to take England's fifth penalty vs Colombia but strained his groin in the latter stages of extra-time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 04, 2018, 10:19:09 AM »

Well of course he did!

This is deece

https://twitter.com/i/status/1014260549675253760

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 04, 2018, 10:24:01 AM »

Well of course he did!

This is deece

https://twitter.com/i/status/1014260549675253760

Cheesy
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 04, 2018, 10:34:14 AM »

Memories of England v Colombia:

First time I've seen ALL England's players singing (or miming) the anthem. Yeh it's a terrible dirge, and it's impossible to get passionate about. Rule Brittania would be better for passion, but defo politically (and now factually) incorrect.

Incred how the Colombians' plan A was to be wreckers. As others have said, amazing how none got sent off. The head-butt was a nailed on Red.
Harry Kane put in a truly world class performance. I'd be happy to have his babies.

Gareth (yes, I feel like he's a mate from the pub) Southgate is continuing to impress as England's best manager since Venables. Quite remarkable that he's instilled all his beliefs in a team of highly paid individuals who must have entered the training camp with that burden of 50+ years of hurt and the crippling psychological fear of penalty shootouts to overcome.

Oh, and the curse of ITV has been snubbed. For now.

Come on England. Now for the Swedes.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 04, 2018, 11:29:47 AM »

I cannot believe Colombia are 3/1

Obviously want England to win and would have them slight favourites if James Rodriguez is out but there's not much in it really surely?

I read that England have gone off favourite for every single world cup finals match they have played since the 2002 world cup. Including Germany in 2010

As extra time has to be a possibility the 6/4 Colombia to qualify really appeals https://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/colombia-v-england/to-qualify

England are 1/2 in that market. I might even venture an exclamation mark at that price...

Someone else can give me the other view please....why England at 6/5 is the bet.

I know this is a gambling forum so naturally people gonna speculate on prices... but it amazes me how people think that worldwide markets and exchanges with tens of millions being bet on every match have got these prices so wrong. Colombia were awful in the groups, got lucky to beat Senegal, lost to Japan and beat a woeful Poland. And their best player is injured.

As with all WC matches, the prices were probably about right, with between 1 and 5% edge to the bookies.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 04, 2018, 11:35:10 AM »

Oh, and COME ON ENGLAND.

Had 3 week old baby in the beer garden with us, didn't bat an eye lid of course but I'll tell him about it when he's older. Top England memory lifetime, and probably 2nd best all-time football memory behind Istanbul. #itscominghome

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 04, 2018, 12:41:48 PM »

I don't really like watching football with other people..son and nephew excluded so last night I sat watching on my own while my wife and a bunch of neighbours had a barbecue drinks and watched footie next door. I had to watch the post mortem and bbc highlights too so didn't even pop over after. Felt bad but had to be done.

Every summer on the nearest weekend to my son's birthday we have around 30 family and a few friends over. It's this Saturday ffs. Other than blaming my wife for not consulting my wall chart should I take any other action. Might fake a heart scare on friday and go for a late cancellation of invitations

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 04, 2018, 01:23:32 PM »

I don't really like watching football with other people..son and nephew excluded so last night I sat watching on my own while my wife and a bunch of neighbours had a barbecue drinks and watched footie next door. I had to watch the post mortem and bbc highlights too so didn't even pop over after. Felt bad but had to be done.

Every summer on the nearest weekend to my son's birthday we have around 30 family and a few friends over. It's this Saturday ffs. Other than blaming my wife for not consulting my wall chart should I take any other action. Might fake a heart scare on friday and go for a late cancellation of invitations

Pretty sure half the group will want the telly on in the background!

I had a nightmare last night was stuck in Belfast with a delayed flight till 7.30pm, saw the first 15 mins then jumped on the plane. Don’t know how I did it, but managed to get home without overhearing any chat about the score so could watch it as if live.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 04, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »

Pretty sure half the group will want the telly on in the background!

I had a nightmare last night was stuck in Belfast with a delayed flight till 7.30pm, saw the first 15 mins then jumped on the plane. Don’t know how I did it, but managed to get home without overhearing any chat about the score so could watch it as if live.

These are things that make me cry..got home with 3 mins to spare yesterday after an hour extra in traffic cursing and weeping Smiley

The game will be on front and center and someone else can cook !

sola virtus nobilitat
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 04, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »

I've got a wedding to go to on Saturday and I believe the service starts at 3  Cry Cry Cry

How many guys you reckon will be watching on their phones?
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 04, 2018, 10:10:36 PM »

somehow managed to fall asleep nearing end of extra time

despite efforts to wake me up i managed to miss the penalties

have been trawling you tube for too long, can not find unedited footage with commentary

would really appreciate it if anyone can be bothered to post a link
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 04, 2018, 10:20:51 PM »

Try itv Player, they may have it on catch up
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 05, 2018, 10:45:23 AM »

https://twitter.com/ScottRichardss/status/1014787507521810433

https://twitter.com/mrjakehumphrey/status/1014757617330262016
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:11:26 AM by Chompy » Logged

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 05, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »

Pickford 33/1 with hills for SPOTY? 
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: