blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:47:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 102166 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2018, 06:46:06 AM »

A year ago, the Patriots signed Brandin Cooks from the Saints for pick 32 in the first round. They paid him his $1.5m salary and made the Super Bowl. Now they send him to the LA Rams for pick 23 (and some other bits).

Could they be in for a move up for a QB? What about Odell Beckham Jr?

Must be nice being a Pats fan.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2018, 12:32:01 PM »

lol

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2018, 12:32:28 PM »

So the Patriots got Brandin Cooks and pick No. 118 in exchange for pick No. 32 and pick No 103. Then, they turned Brandin Cooks into pick No. 23. Plus, they dealt Jimmy G for what turned out to be pick No. 43.

So the Super Bowl runner-up owns picks 23, 31, 43 & 63 lolololol

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2018, 08:52:54 AM »

going to the draft in Dallas

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2018, 09:09:34 AM »

Could be looking at 16 or so players without 1st round Commissioner jersey photos then!

Feels like the period where journalists are having to fill articles and podcasts, so we are getting plenty of speculative and fanciful pieces. Everyone's got to make a living.

I can see the Patriots having made the Cooks trade purely for profit, rather than to get a QB higher up. If Baker Mayfield falls to 9 or below, maybe that changes.

Otherwise, I think they use the picks on defense, as there should be talent available. An edge rusher and a DT or CB would be great for them...if not for the rest of the AFC East.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2018, 09:25:01 AM »

Had a look at a few of the request a bets yesterday, having had to suck it up and bet on Darnold #1 (got 9n before the price died at least) I've also gone for...

First four picks to be Qbs at 25/1 - unlikely but I think that's pretty good odds, will need a bit of movement from teams to get it happening.
Lamar Jackson top 20 was 7/4 which I thought was pretty good too
O4.5 qbs at 1/2 (think you both pointed that one out a while ago)
Will probably have a little nibble on 6 or more qbs at 6/1 if that price is there in a week or two

I know it only takes a few quid to move these markets so thought I better have my fivers on before the prices go on them.

Also had a look at teams to make the playoffs on Paddypower. Some strange prices there. I am a Bengals fan so always think we're over priced but 9/1 for them to make the playoffs, same as the Browns, while the Ravens are 7/4, remarkably the Colts are some how 11/4. While the NFC East is tough I'm surprised that the Redskins are 9/1 to make the playoffs.

RaBs are skybet, playoff odds are PP.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2018, 12:37:04 PM »

Really wish you hadn't sent me the On The Clock thing, Tighty...

3 round draft as the Bills sees them taking:

12: Josh Allen QB (wowzers. Lovely)
22: Billy Price C (might play Guard)
53: Tyrell Crosby Jr OT (need a RT)
56: Taven Bryan DT (Marcel Dareus left a hole)
65: Mike Gesicki TE (best available and helps the lack of WR depth)
96: Orlando Brown OT (could be a steal)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2018, 12:53:02 PM »

go premium and offer/accept/decline trades

a great insight into it all, and a terrible time sponge

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2018, 05:16:01 PM »

say if...

Cardinals offer RB David Johnson (final year of contract) and 47th overall pick to Browns for 4th overall pick.

If you’re Cleveland, do you do that?

If you are Arizona do you do that?

Johnson will need a new contract but Browns have tons of cap space and he is a franchise player

Arizona needs a quarterback with two knees and could get one of Allen/Rosen/Mayfield at 4

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »

say if...

Cardinals offer RB David Johnson (final year of contract) and 47th overall pick to Browns for 4th overall pick.

If you’re Cleveland, do you do that?

If you are Arizona do you do that?

Johnson will need a new contract but Browns have tons of cap space and he is a franchise player

Arizona needs a quarterback with two knees and could get one of Allen/Rosen/Mayfield at 4

Imagine being the Cardinals GM who traded away the best running back since Charley Trippi (yes, I had to look that up) and the QB they got in his place is a bust.

Reckon they would trade pretty much everyone else but him, short of a Godfather deal.

I'm interested in which of the teams from Chicago down (ie, that don't need a QB) would trade down. Arizona, Buffalo, Baltimore (and then by necessity Miami) might be interested in that sort of move.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2018, 06:09:45 PM »

Raiders might be a good bet for trade down. Currently sitting at 10 and definitely dont need a QB.

Yes, we have needs, but a lot less than Bears/49ers/Dolphins. I'd say of the group fro Chicago to Buffalo, Oakland are the most likely to trade down.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2018, 09:45:11 AM »

i really rate this guy

interesting read

Dane Brugler  is out with his 3-round mock draft, with QBs going Nos. 1, 2 and 3 -- including a projected trade!

http://nfldraftscout.com/brugler-3-round-mock-nfl-draft/

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2018, 10:37:45 AM »

i really rate this guy

interesting read

Dane Brugler  is out with his 3-round mock draft, with QBs going Nos. 1, 2 and 3 -- including a projected trade!

I see Rosen going to the Jets quite a bit in mock drafts.

This is the team owned by the man Donald Trump appointed as American Ambassador to the UK. And this is the quarterback who posted a picture of himself on instagram playong golf with...how can I put this...an anti-Trump message. He's been outspoken with his political views, and that's hardly likely to change.

Buffalo might have the same problem. Trump was rumoured to be trying to buy us before the Pegulas took over. I'd expect he's popular in upstate New York.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »

i really rate this guy

interesting read

Dane Brugler  is out with his 3-round mock draft, with QBs going Nos. 1, 2 and 3 -- including a projected trade!

This is the team owned by the man Donald Trump appointed as American Ambassador to the UK. And this is the quarterback who posted a picture of himself on instagram playong golf with...how can I put this...an anti-Trump message. He's been outspoken with his political views, and that's hardly likely to change.

Buffalo might have the same problem. Trump was rumoured to be trying to buy us before the Pegulas took over. I'd expect he's popular in upstate New York.

Rosen might fit a California team more, certainly needs a liberal owner. Denver maybe at 5, where pot is legal ;-)

its why i think Mayfield is going top 4,maybe Allen too

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2018, 10:57:02 AM »

i really rate this guy

interesting read

Rosen might fit a California team more, certainly needs a liberal owner. Denver maybe at 5, where pot is legal ;-)

its why i think Mayfield is going top 4,maybe Allen too

I think it's important for the franchise to be a fit for the player as much as for the player to be a fit for franchise. Rosen would be booed by a section of fans and it would not be a surprise if Trump tweeted about him in the next 12 months.

People need to calm down on the Patriots drafting a first round QB narrative too Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: