blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:57:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 359842 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2100 on: May 10, 2020, 07:25:10 PM »

Super stuff from Boris, gave a great context to the changed messaging.

Gives some sense of potential timing, encourages people to stop loafing but do it safely.

Stresses the need to continue to social distance

Exactly the right message at the right time imo.

It was horrendous! We are screwed.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: May 10, 2020, 07:26:08 PM »

Can someone explain why you are fine to go back to work tomorrow but you have to wait until Wednesday to exercise in unlimited doses?   Why wasn't that made immediate?  Why Weds?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: May 10, 2020, 07:27:30 PM »

Super stuff from Boris, gave a great context to the changed messaging.

Gives some sense of potential timing, encourages people to stop loafing but do it safely.

Stresses the need to continue to social distance

Exactly the right message at the right time imo.

It was horrendous! We are screwed.

Haha, beauty is in the eye of the beholder

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: May 10, 2020, 07:29:51 PM »

Can someone explain why you are fine to go back to work tomorrow but you have to wait until Wednesday to exercise in unlimited doses?   Why wasn't that made immediate?  Why Weds?

Take a few days for the message to sink in with all the stasi informers so that police call lines aren't overwhelmed

sola virtus nobilitat
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: May 10, 2020, 07:37:55 PM »

You won't see the results of this chaotic messaging for over a month so the number of deaths will
continue to decrease or flatten out giving people the false sense that the easing of lockdown is working.

When the numbers start inching up the shit will hit the fan trying to get people back in their boxes.

Probably the wrong phrase there  Roll Eyes
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: May 10, 2020, 07:45:11 PM »

You won't see the results of this chaotic messaging for over a month so the number of deaths will
continue to decrease or flatten out giving people the false sense that the easing of lockdown is working.

When the numbers start inching up the shit will hit the fan trying to get people back in their boxes.

Probably the wrong phrase there  Roll Eyes

What do you, or anyone else for that matter, find chaotic about this ? I'm not picking up on your message in particular as I've seen loads of a similar type and I don't really get what people are saying. Be good to have some precision about what people think is chaotic.

Work from home if you can. Go back to work/exercise/play sport if it's safe and you can respect distancing. No opening of schools, shops, hospitality industry for a while yet.

Seems really simple to me.

Companies can figure this out with their employees, it doesn't need Government to tell people how to do things in my view.

sola virtus nobilitat
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: May 10, 2020, 07:49:48 PM »

What do you do if work tells you to come in but need to use public transport ?

Stay Alert , don't get what it's meant to achieve. Far too vague.

Lots of stuff where people are just going to be confused as to what the best thing to do is.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: May 10, 2020, 07:56:29 PM »

I have always liked Boris.

Think he comes across really well but the actual message is not clearly defined in my opinion
and is a little early considering the R number and slow decline in death rates.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: May 10, 2020, 08:01:01 PM »

Lots of stuff where people are just going to be confused as to what the best thing to do is.

Logically, you would use public transport because you have to but make sure you ensure social distancing.

It works in theory but relies on everyone using social distancing - the message on that has been crystal clear.The problem comes when joe public don’t adopt it properly.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: May 10, 2020, 08:06:16 PM »

He did better than I thought he would.
However, the stuff about the rest of the UK will have unnecessarily riled those countries, & given lots of opportunities for his opponents to have a pop.

There are a lot of gaps, some of which he/the government need to fill urgently over the next few days.
There is also a responsibility on individuals & people running businesses to work out how to get businesses running without significant risk to the people within them.

Next few days will be interesting.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: May 10, 2020, 08:06:21 PM »

I thought Stay Alert was OK actually, keep distancing, don't relax the measures too far too quickly and more a message for the Govt themselves who've been asleep at the wheel a fair bit.

I think there are a lot of safe work-arounds to get to work places for most people (including public transport) if you are not old/vulnerable. I can see this will present some people with insurmountable challenges and those people will probably lose their jobs to people who can make it work,  just like several million others will do directly because we're locked down to this extent.

No situation is good from here

sola virtus nobilitat
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: May 10, 2020, 08:09:48 PM »

Logically, you would use public transport because you have to but make sure you ensure social distancing.

It works in theory but relies on everyone using social distancing - the message on that has been crystal clear.The problem comes when joe public don’t adopt it properly.

In theory.

In practice when everyone in rush hour needs the tube bus or train it will be very hard to social distance if not impossible.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: May 10, 2020, 08:10:30 PM »

He did better than I thought he would.
However, the stuff about the rest of the UK will have unnecessarily riled those countries, & given lots of opportunities for his opponents to have a pop.

There are a lot of gaps, some of which he/the government need to fill urgently over the next few days.
There is also a responsibility on individuals & people running businesses to work out how to get businesses running without significant risk to the people within them.

Next few days will be interesting.

I think his message will make the other countries jumping out ahead of his message to say we're carrying on with 'Stay home' look a bit silly in a few days.

Agree, that business needs to take the lead in making things as safe as possible. I work for a manufacturer that has stayed open across the world during this crisis and the effort to change and adapt is significant, fast and appropriate. Any company worth its salt will hopefully be working hard at this if they haven't done so already

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: May 10, 2020, 08:16:34 PM »

One other element I don't get is that people wanting business to stay shut and a harsh lockdown to continue are, in my humble view, somewhat twin minded about this whole thing.

They wouldn't want supermarket workers, farmers, pharmacists, police etc etc to stay home and are quite sanguine about the risks they take to serve them while they sit around. Ask them to take a similar level of risk and it's all wah wah wah, I'm not having it.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 08:19:23 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: May 10, 2020, 08:41:07 PM »

One other element I don't get is that people wanting business to stay shut and a harsh lockdown to continue are, in my humble view, somewhat twin minded f**king hypocritical about this whole thing.

They wouldn't want supermarket workers, farmers, pharmacists, police etc etc to stay home and are quite sanguine about the risks they take to serve them while they sit around. Ask them to take a similar level of risk and it's all wah wah wah, I'm not having it.

Such a diplomat. I fixed it for you mate.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: