blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:07:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 357753 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: January 26, 2021, 10:23:29 PM »

This guy is pretty good.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: January 27, 2021, 11:00:34 AM »

Is it me or does the needle seem very long ?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: January 27, 2021, 03:12:23 PM »

Chip needs to be embedded well below subcutaneous level

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3708 on: January 27, 2021, 05:43:20 PM »

I'm surprised they aren't two meters.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: January 27, 2021, 11:11:36 PM »

As it is a Wednesday, just a quick update.

I think we can ignore today's big number of deaths as it always high on a Tuesday or Wednesday.  Deaths by date of death surpassed the wave 1 peak on 12 January and are only likely to be revised up from there.  Again, that isn't that accurate either, as testing was lower in wave 1, so they are only higher on the official definition.  In reality, we are probably a bit below wave 1 peak still.  1,100 UK Covid deaths in a day (1,000 for England alone) is still pretty shocking as I was hopeful we could keep it below 500 when we went into that mini lockdown in November.

Cases are much brighter; cases per day are now consistently lower than the ones 7 day previously (the last exception was the 8 January and that was compared to New Year's Day).

Hospital Admissions appear to have turned down, but at worst they are level.  There is still a lot of daily fluctuation, but there should be a clear downward trend by next week.

Vaccinations went above 300k yesterday, which I think was the target.  If they go on like that, the deaths are going to start falling soon enough.  Deaths must be close to their peak anyway right now, given the effect of lockdown on cases and admissions.

Finally, I read the BBC saying there was no evidence of a Christmas increase in cases.  I think there was a small blip that is hard to see as the cases were volatile because of the bank holiday.  It is pretty clear the cases were still increasing into the New Year and started falling soon after lockdown.   I think most people were restrained at Christmas and they probably did the right thing.

Wednesday again.  

Get the bad news out of the way.  Deaths were still rising on the 19 January, which is 8 days ago.  I think there is every chance that will be the peak for this wave, as the growth rate has been slowing and the days after are sufficiently lower that they are unlikely to catch up after the lag has worked its way completely through.  I think it is much more likely that this is due to lockdown than vaccinations.  The vaccinations didn't really kick off in volume until the New Year so it is unlikely to have had any noticeable effect yet (the effect of vaccination is noticeable after about 11 days with the Pfizer vaccine and there is a 3 week lag from infection to death).  

Hospitalisations are definitely dropping now, the level is down to around 3,000 a day from 4,000 at peak and the total number of people with Covid in hospital has begun to fall (it is only 5% down from the peak).

Cases are now falling at a faster rate than last week, with cases a week ago down around 50% from their peak around the New Year; Cummins is claiming that this was due to them deliberately targetting lockdowns at the known peak in the cases curve.  You'd think it they knew enough to time it that well, they'd know enough to save the 100k lives wouldn't you Ivor?  

Vaccination numbers have been doing brilliantly, there was a fall at the weekend, but they hit nearly 500,000 a day at the end of last week.

I hope they don't f it up again with a rush to reopen too soon, but think things are looking good for the UK right now.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:32:33 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: January 27, 2021, 11:30:08 PM »

'But the winter resurgence was over, and it was always going to die off with spring, and herd immunity'

Said in a slightly inebriated Irish drawl.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: January 28, 2021, 05:10:32 AM »

Think I only know one or two that are this off the charts, thank goodness.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: January 28, 2021, 08:04:10 AM »

Think I only know one or two that are this off the charts, thank goodness.

You can find him on YouTube and Facebook.   He and his buddies are as bad as you imagine.  There is a video he put up on YouTube where he goes on about this for 20 minutes.  He doesn't even know the names of the drugs he is advocating, so has to keep checking his notes.  Of course antibiotics and steroids are toxins that are poisoning the patient.  Sure seems the right man to be looking after someons with serious Covid pneumonia.  

It is genuinely weird how cranks are convinced by the efficacy of Ivermectin after small amounts of flakey data, but see no benefit of experienced doctors treating this man using drugs with much stronger data.  Suppose data presented in a lovely Irish drawl is more convincing than that presented by someone from the nasty party?  To be fair I struggle to believe what Johnson tells me much of the time.

The police are looking for him now.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCsKuyPMQzEXlhEm9HIk3ANQ.

The correlation between cranks and mask exemptions continues to be strong.  These people claim to be supporting the genuine disabled whilst completely undermining those that need the exemption.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:27:48 AM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: January 28, 2021, 03:46:04 PM »

My eldest (went into a care provider graduate scheme in 2019. Timing is everything) got his first vaccine today

Quite emotional I found myself.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: January 28, 2021, 04:01:29 PM »

Nice one, Tighty!

Fingers crossed we'll all be jabbed up soon enough Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: January 28, 2021, 04:04:01 PM »

You can find him on YouTube and Facebook.   He and his buddies are as bad as you imagine.  There is a video he put up on YouTube where he goes on about this for 20 minutes.  He doesn't even know the names of the drugs he is advocating, so has to keep checking his notes.  Of course antibiotics and steroids are toxins that are poisoning the patient.  Sure seems the right man to be looking after someons with serious Covid pneumonia.  

It is genuinely weird how cranks are convinced by the efficacy of Ivermectin after small amounts of flakey data, but see no benefit of experienced doctors treating this man using drugs with much stronger data.  Suppose data presented in a lovely Irish drawl is more convincing than that presented by someone from the nasty party?  To be fair I struggle to believe what Johnson tells me much of the time.

The police are looking for him now.

The correlation between cranks and mask exemptions continues to be strong.  These people claim to be supporting the genuine disabled whilst completely undermining those that need the exemption.

He put up a 20minute video ranting about the hospitals being wrong, and the police etc.

Then ~7m into it gives a 20 second update on the old boy with 'He's in a come and intubated now'.

Just couldn't make it up. Obviously should have brought him home, and he'd have been ok on their home remedies.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: January 28, 2021, 08:31:38 PM »

Vaccine update.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: January 29, 2021, 02:25:42 PM »

Text this morning, and all booked up from a link in the message.

Won't be long before Skynet are doing the jabs, too Grin

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: January 29, 2021, 02:53:51 PM »

It's been going long enough we can have retrospectives from the start. This story is quite interesting though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55622386
Coronavirus: How the UK dealt with its first Covid case

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: January 29, 2021, 03:23:30 PM »

It's been going long enough we can have retrospectives from the start. This story is quite interesting though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55622386
Coronavirus: How the UK dealt with its first Covid case

Good read, and amazing how quick things blow up.

Even after watching a video explaining exponential growth, it's crazy stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: