blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 357973 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3750 on: February 06, 2021, 03:54:59 PM »

Got my jab today and was all very well organised. In and out in under 10 minutes.

Didn't they make you hang around for a bit afterwards to make sure you were okay?

I've heard of people having to wait 15 minutes, 39 minutes (my 70+ parents) and also being let straight out.

I wonder if there's a specific criteria or if it's vaccine centre dependent?

I had the Pvizer one & had to wait 15 minutes. The whole thing was wonderfully organised.

Same, I had Pfizer vaccine and had to wait for 15 mins
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: February 06, 2021, 04:02:17 PM »

Got my jab today and was all very well organised. In and out in under 10 minutes.

Didn't they make you hang around for a bit afterwards to make sure you were okay?

I've heard of people having to wait 15 minutes, 39 minutes (my 70+ parents) and also being let straight out.

I had the Pvizer one & had to wait 15 minutes. The whole thing was wonderfully organised.

Could be vaccine dependent then maybe?

I've recently read about the differences between the two types of vaccine with the Astra Zeneca being more traditional and Pfizer being somehow DNA based.

Perhaps 15 minutes is long enough to see if you start sprouting any fresh appendages......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: February 06, 2021, 04:15:22 PM »

Pfizer & Moderna are mRNA vaccines, and Oxford is the cheaper traditional vaccine that uses an adenovirus.

mRNA ones will change your DNA, and Bil Gates will be able to send you on missions.

Oxford using the adenovirus will turn you into a Chimpanzee whenever Oxford press the button.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: February 06, 2021, 04:26:13 PM »

Pfizer & Moderna are mRNA vaccines, and Oxford is the cheaper traditional vaccine that uses an adenovirus.

mRNA ones will change your DNA, and Bil Gates will be able to send you on missions.

Oxford using the adenovirus will turn you into a Chimpanzee whenever Oxford press the button.

Just putting on Dr John now the racing is done, did he cover this?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: February 06, 2021, 04:48:39 PM »

Just putting on Dr John now the racing is done, did he cover this?

Was mostly going over the UK figures, and a little clip from an Australian Dr talking about things there. Both the last couple weeks, and 2020.

Nothing about the DNA changers today, but has gone over it in detail previously.

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3755 on: February 06, 2021, 08:08:17 PM »

I am looking forward the the vaccine passport political fights.

By the summer lots of the UK population will have had 2 jabs plus 2 weeks for efficacy. Lots of Mediterranean Europe won’t..

Will Spain demand vaccine passports before visitors can come. Greece have already said they will.

What happens with kids - they are not going to get the jabs  but they can catch and pass the virus?

Will one jab be enough to allow the holiday resorts to allow tourists to come?

Will it be the only the over 60s from the UK can can go on holiday in July as the rest of the adults in the UK won’t have had 2 jabs.

Will Greece have different standards from the Spanish or Portuguese?

It’s going to be a mess.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: February 07, 2021, 01:49:52 AM »

Could be vaccine dependent then maybe?

I've recently read about the differences between the two types of vaccine with the Astra Zeneca being more traditional and Pfizer being somehow DNA based.

Perhaps 15 minutes is long enough to see if you start sprouting any fresh appendages......

Possibly, mine was at the local hospital, so they may do things in a more prescribed way.
Arm ached evening and next couple of days and injection site sore, otherwise fine (as I type this with the 6th finger on each hand!!)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: February 07, 2021, 03:25:15 AM »

I've got a sore arm and body aching a bit now, but should imagine I'll be fine after a full night in the scratcher.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: February 07, 2021, 07:39:52 AM »

I am looking forward the the vaccine passport political fights.

By the summer lots of the UK population will have had 2 jabs plus 2 weeks for efficacy. Lots of Mediterranean Europe won’t..

Will Spain demand vaccine passports before visitors can come. Greece have already said they will.

What happens with kids - they are not going to get the jabs  but they can catch and pass the virus?

Will one jab be enough to allow the holiday resorts to allow tourists to come?

Will it be the only the over 60s from the UK can can go on holiday in July as the rest of the adults in the UK won’t have had 2 jabs.

Will Greece have different standards from the Spanish or Portuguese?

It’s going to be a mess.

Cant be anymore of a mess than it is already surely.

Most places will be 2 jab vaccine passport or negative test within 72 hours needed?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: February 10, 2021, 11:05:07 AM »

"ICU beds are less full than normal"

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3760 on: February 10, 2021, 11:36:31 AM »

Now there's a variant of the variant  Shocked

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: February 10, 2021, 08:32:27 PM »

All 'lockdown sickness' inpatients.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: February 10, 2021, 08:38:55 PM »

who go on to die with Covid... 

Good to see you aren't one of the sheeple Marky

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: February 10, 2021, 08:50:15 PM »

who go on to die with Covid... 

Good to see you aren't one of the sheeple Marky

I'm awake, unlike everyone that believes the ONS figures doctored by the deep state to keep the new CCP England in check.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: February 11, 2021, 04:25:05 PM »

Just going to do a very quick update, as everything is looking good, well as good as Covid 5,000 deaths a week can look.

Covid Deaths did peak on the 19 January at just over 1,200 a day, and are now likely below a 1,000 a day now (There were 900 or so 7 days ago, so probably down to about 700 today).   

Hospitalisations were well over 4,000 a day at peak and they have dropped noticeably over the last week to about 2,500.  The number of people with Covid in hospital has fallen from 40k to nearer 30k, so hopefully the medical staff are getting some kind of respite, though they are still clearly very busym and I don't think ICU ares down as much.  I am not checking now, but they weren't far off their peak a couple of days ago.

Cases have also fallen rapidly down to about 20k from about 50k at peak (they were all over the place due to the bank holidays at Christmas, but I don't think the 7 day average got much higher than 50k).  I wouldn't be too excited about this one, as they still aren't as low as they were when mini lockdown 2 ended, so those calling for a quick end to lockdown are clearly a bit premature.

We are getting to the time when we should start seeing the effects of the vaccinations and deaths amongst those in their 80s should start dropping noticeably.  We may well be seeeing that already, but I haven't got figures split by age group now and Match of the Day starts soon.  I'll have nosey around tomorrow.

Marky has posted Dr John's Astra Zeneca update and it all looks very promising, with better results with 1 12 week gap than a 6 week one.  Numbers aren't high enough in the trial to be absolutely sure that serious illness is a thing of the past after vaccine.  Given how few over 80s they have in the trial, I dare say we really should refrain from making this claim until that data comes through, but for now results are looking very good.

All good news, so goodnight all.   

More good news over the last week.

Cases are now down to about 10k to 15k a day.  There have been a lot of calls to open up now, but this seems premature.  We were at these levels when we ended mini lockdown 2, and that rapidly turned to shit.  This time a lot of the vulnerable are already vaccinated, which is obviously a positive, but hospitalisations are still well above November levels.  It just all seems premature.  Hopsitalisations are currently just below 30k (I can see 26k, but there may be some reporting delays).  By contrast, hospitalisations were nearer 15,000 when we ended mini lockdown 2.  It feels like it may well be OK to lift some restrictions outside, but leave much of the rest for around when schools reopen at the beginning of March.

Deaths in England and Wales are definitely below 1,000 a day now; I said about 700 when I posted last week, but it was a little over that.  Given they are now falling by about 20% a week, I am guessing we are down at about 600 a day now. This is around double the level we were at when the mini lockdown 2 ended, and way above the number when the first lockdown ended.

Having said all this, the weather can't get any colder and vaccination numbers are still flying.  I am pretty optimistic overall, and don't see a wave of future lockdowns, even if the South African variant becomes the dominant one.

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: