blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353717 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: March 20, 2020, 01:08:27 PM »

Also following Dean’s question, 35 days from China being 10 deaths to the high point of their first peak.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 20, 2020, 01:35:11 PM »

whilst sorting out my cupboards, to see what is fit to eat and what isn't, I found this in the tea section.

https://www.thefoodmarket.com/products/organic-turmeric-superfood-latte-powder-drink-sachets-7-x-1g

I thought wtf is this?   The ingredients are listed as tumeric.  You can literally buy 7 grams of tumeric for a fiver.  Ten pound bog roll man missed a trick.

I hope my missus got it as a freebie...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 20, 2020, 01:37:59 PM »

An interesting viewpoint that goes against the flow:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/stanford-professor-data-indicates-were-overreacting-to-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR0NMARZF63CreC6xKe4Meqy2t-CJLylgrmTAu2wW_qGTBGpaFRU1vvbSgM
cish n fhips

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 20, 2020, 01:55:27 PM »

First dog dies of virus second case confirmed...
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 20, 2020, 01:59:30 PM »

I think it’s acknowledged that he was being contrarian to promote discussion.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/18/we-know-enough-now-to-act-decisively-against-covid-19/

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 20, 2020, 02:33:29 PM »

Presumably if a lion walked into his front room, he'll wait for some strong evidence it was hungry before making his exit? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 20, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »

so with social distancing does that mean i have to stop getting lap dances?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 20, 2020, 03:12:41 PM »

First dog dies of virus second case confirmed...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8134865/Second-dog-tests-positive-coronavirus-Hong-Kong.html

From what I'm reading a dog died that happened to have the virus. It doesn't say that the virus was the direct cause.

"The AFCD said the dog's owner wasn't willing to allow an autopsy to determine the cause of death but some have suggested the stress of quarantine and the separation from its owner may have contributed."

It had the virus and was understandably quarantined. It was a 17 year old Pomeranian, these have an average lifespan of 12 to 16 years.

Looks like something to be taken seriously but certainly not worry about until more research has been carried out.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 20, 2020, 03:16:48 PM »

"From what I'm reading a dog died that happened to have the virus. It doesn't say that the virus was the direct cause".

I think that's the case with a great number of the human fatalities too, they had the virus but did not necessarily die from it. Doubtless C-19 contributes to their demise, but does not necessarily cause it.  I suspect they all go down in the stats a C-19 deaths though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 20, 2020, 03:20:56 PM »

"From what I'm reading a dog died that happened to have the virus. It doesn't say that the virus was the direct cause".

I think that's the case with a great number of the human fatalities too, they had the virus but did not necessarily die from it. Doubtless C-19 contributes to their demise, but does not necessarily cause it.  I suspect they all go down in the stats a C-19 deaths though.

yeah  alot would of recovered from there ills if it hadn't been for covid19 but it was the other illnesses that killed them

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 20, 2020, 03:22:51 PM »

I think that's the case with a great number of the human fatalities too, they had the virus but did not necessarily die from it. Doubtless C-19 contributes to their demise, but does not necessarily cause it.  I suspect they all go down in the stats a C-19 deaths though.

Definitely agree with this.

"94 year old becomes latest victim of Covid19" isn't the scariest headline you'll ever read.

It's possibly the final straw but 'being 94' was probably more of a contributory factor.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 20, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »

Definitely agree with this.

"94 year old becomes latest victim of Covid19" isn't the scariest headline you'll ever read.

It's possibly the final straw but 'being 94' was probably more of a contributory factor.

That may well be the case for one 94 year old, but I'd still take the overs on the real number of Covid19 deaths. 

Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 20, 2020, 03:40:46 PM »

What are employee rights regarding home office and travelling to work in a pandemic? The government is saying don't make unnecessary travel.

My employer hasn't made any real effort to facilitate WFH for staff. The boss says we are a key service (we aren't)

I'm fairly certain a P45 is coming for a lot of staff regardless but am I in breach of contract (typical off the shelf contract) If I were to say I can't come into work on the tube to Central London?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 20, 2020, 05:01:46 PM »

What are employee rights regarding home office and travelling to work in a pandemic? The government is saying don't make unnecessary travel.

My employer hasn't made any real effort to facilitate WFH for staff. The boss says we are a key service (we aren't)

I'm fairly certain a P45 is coming for a lot of staff regardless but am I in breach of contract (typical off the shelf contract) If I were to say I can't come into work on the tube to Central London?

I think you probably are now, but if the title of this livestream is accurate

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 05:07:52 PM by Doobs » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 20, 2020, 05:10:43 PM »

I think you probably are now, but if the title of this livestream is accurate

Cafes, bars, pubs, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres must close tonight

edit.  Government paying 80% of people's wages up to £2.5k a month.  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 05:16:54 PM by Doobs » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: