blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353795 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: March 23, 2020, 07:05:12 PM »

PM addressing the nation at 8.30pm, lockdown imminent......

Going to be a serious lock down i think given the cobra meeting overrun so long.  Must have been some lively discussions in the cabinet about how hard the hammer has to be dropped on the British public.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 23, 2020, 07:17:16 PM »

Can we not have videos from Facebook in here, Iron. I get enough of that in my whatsapp and messenger Cheesy

PM addressing the nation at 8.30pm, lockdown imminent......

Going to be a serious lock down i think given the cobra meeting overrun so long.  Must have been some lively discussions in the cabinet about how hard the hammer has to be dropped on the British public.

Very hard, because most of them are fucking idiots.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 23, 2020, 08:16:00 PM »

you are probably right

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 23, 2020, 08:30:11 PM »

This is quite fun

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 23, 2020, 09:40:59 PM »

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 23, 2020, 10:49:56 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51963486

This seems a very good summary of why there are no easy ways out of this in short term.
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 23, 2020, 11:37:09 PM »

finally some good news for the self employed, which is a relief

80% of net  monthly earnings to be paid , taken as an average from last 3 years

or £2947 whichever is lower

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 24, 2020, 12:16:48 AM »

That's handy to know, as I've had to take a 50% paycut on what I invoice my brokers for cases.

That's if I'm as busy as I have been so far this year, which is unknown territory...

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 24, 2020, 12:20:07 AM »

Damn. Wollaton Park golf club is closed until further notice after the PM's statement earlier.

Shit just got real(er).

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 24, 2020, 12:23:20 AM »

All this stuff is the right thing to do, but if you thought austerity was bad we as a country are going to be skint as fk for a decade at least..........anyone bitching about that in a couple of years and blaming it on the Tories is straight up a fking arsehole because there will be those usual pricks doing that.....
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 24, 2020, 12:30:32 AM »

All this stuff is the right thing to do, but if you thought austerity was bad we as a country are going to be skint as fk for a decade at least..........anyone bitching about that in a couple of years and blaming it on the Tories is straight up a fking arsehole because there will be those usual pricks doing that.....

Anyone moaning once we get out the otherside of this, wants whipping with a wet towel.

Think there should be some scales for the handouts. I can probably scrape by on 1/2 salary for a few months, and won't hopefully won't need to bother asking for them.

Just sack Vegas off and my 40th trip. Shit happens, and not worth worrying about in the scheme of things.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 24, 2020, 12:42:37 AM »

This lockdown has come just too late and probably see supermarkets have their busiest day tomorrow. There still needs more to be done because there are still people not getting the message.

I had nipped into town today to get the essentials, the mission to get there and get straight back. Jumped on a almost empty bus and only two people on the lower deck, I didn't want to risk it so I sat upstairs where there was one more person. I sat in the middle, probably 6-8m away. Two women get on, they get on the upper deck too. They get to the top and I assume they're going to sit inbetween the front and the middle, probably 3m+ away from me and the other bloke. Nope, they going and plonk themselves on the sits beside the other bloke.

You get through town and still people don't listen. People are still queuing within 1m or even close of each other.

Shopping completed, back on the bus.

Here we are again, individuals putting themselve in danger. A woman sat bang on the front about 1.5m-2m away from the driver instead of out of harms way in other parts an almost empty bus. 10 people get on and off that bus and all have to walk past her. Stupidity.

Look at over countries, they aren't stockpiling. They are queuing and distancing like heroes. We are not.

I think there is every chance we will face it just as bad, if not worse, as Italy.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 24, 2020, 12:43:21 AM »

Anyone moaning once we get out the otherside of this, wants whipping with a wet towel.

Think there should be some scales for the handouts. I can probably scrape by on 1/2 salary for a few months, and won't hopefully won't need to bother asking for them.

Just sack Vegas off and my 40th trip. Shit happens, and not worth worrying about in the scheme of things.

They will be there spouting their usual bollox mate......I’ll join your towel whipping army, no danger there, can you reserve Kuku’s arse for me to personally whip please? 

40? Call! 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 24, 2020, 12:46:28 AM »

This lockdown has come just too late and probably see supermarkets have their busiest day tomorrow. There still needs more to be done because there are still people not getting the message.

I had nipped into town today to get the essentials, the mission to get there and get straight back. Jumped on a almost empty bus and only two people on the lower deck, I didn't want to risk it so I sat upstairs where there was one more person. I sat in the middle, probably 6-8m away. Two women get on, they get on the upper deck too. They get to the top and I assume they're going to sit inbetween the front and the middle, probably 3m+ away from me and the other bloke. Nope, they going and plonk themselves on the sits beside the other bloke.

You get through town and still people don't listen. People are still queuing within 1m or even close of each other.

Here we are again, individuals putting themselve in danger. A woman sat bang on the front about 1.5m-2m away from the driver instead of out of harms way in other parts an almost empty bus. 10 people get on and off that bus and all have to walk past her. Stupidity.

Look at over countries, they aren't stockpiling. They are queuing and distancing like heroes. We are not.

I think there is every chance we will face it just as bad, if not worse, as Italy.

Another expert who knows the future......

I do however acknowledge some people being irresponsible pricks.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 24, 2020, 12:48:53 AM »

Another expert who knows the future......

I do however acknowledge some people being irresponsible pricks.

Hardly. I like some of the stuff Boris has done. But this lockdown should have been implemented at the weekend. That would surely have been the best idea?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: