blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353865 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: January 05, 2021, 02:59:06 PM »

Not to conflate issues but can you imagine the furore if the EU was vaccinating and we werent. The ERG and Farage should be lauded as life savers imo.

Not sure if you are joking in the post, but each EU country can vaccinate as quickly or slowly as they want, they are all doing different approaches as would the UK if it was still in the EU.

Minor tongue in cheek and plenty of ways for the uk to balls this up from here. Your point has some truth but there is a level of EU beaurocracy, setting aside the actual decision making, that ensures they are slower than us. And, i am confident that if it was the other way round it would get tremendous attention from Europhiles that would never knowingly miss an opportuntiy to exclaim how ashamed they are of the UK

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: January 05, 2021, 03:10:33 PM »

Not to conflate issues but can you imagine the furore if the EU was vaccinating and we werent. The ERG and Farage should be lauded as life savers imo.

Not sure if you are joking in the post, but each EU country can vaccinate as quickly or slowly as they want, they are all doing different approaches as would the UK if it was still in the EU.

Just trolling on the last bit, nobody could believe sentence two logically followed the first.  

There would definitely be a hoo-ha if we screwed up vaccination on the scale France is.  Doctor John was on the other day saying that French vaccinations were running at 50 a day... over the entire Country, and they have just given the old Gallic Shrug to the Astra Zeneca vaccine.  I haven't checked this*, so it might be one of Stats Guys #covidfacts, but it is clear some European countries aren't making enough effort on this.  It genuinely is one of the things we are in the leading pack on, so well done us.

I am getting quite positive on the UK's chances now after a long period of scepticism.  

* Just checked and as of yesterday they had done 516 vaccinations so far (not per day).  Other European countries are significantly better.

Edit Netherlands starts their vaccinations program tomorrow ffs.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:14:08 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: January 05, 2021, 03:29:03 PM »

Thoughts on flights still coming into the UK, including from South Africa?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: January 05, 2021, 03:29:52 PM »

Minor tongue in cheek and plenty of ways for the uk to balls this up from here. Your point has some truth but there is a level of EU beaurocracy, setting aside the actual decision making, that ensures they are slower than us. And, i am confident that if it was the other way round it would get tremendous attention from Europhiles that would never knowingly miss an opportuntiy to exclaim how ashamed they are of the UK

But we started our vaccination programme whilst to all intents and purposes still being in the EU.

Not to take away from the fact that on the face of it we have made a great start in allowing vaccine rollout but I don't see what our membership of the EU has to do with it.

Blue text
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: January 05, 2021, 03:39:23 PM »

Thoughts on flights still coming into the UK, including from South Africa?

Seems a shambles; not enough checks even now and they know barely anyone self isolates.

Did you see this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/koryodynasty/status/1345210393715564544

Edit.  I know someone who came back from near South Africa just after Christmas and the police did pay him a visit just after his return.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:45:08 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: January 05, 2021, 03:47:01 PM »

Amazing scenes. Come to Heathrow, wander through and jump on the tube.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: January 05, 2021, 04:07:52 PM »

Aren't they getting ready to implement the same measures most places have now, in that you have to test negative before flying?

Just a tad late, but better than not at all, I suppose Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: January 05, 2021, 05:04:50 PM »

Extraordinary new figures just published by the ONS

Between Dec 27 and Jan 2, an estimated 2.06% of the whole population had covid, or 1 in 50. That's 1.12 million people. Up more than 300,000 from only the week before, when it was 1.47% or 1 in 70.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: January 05, 2021, 05:14:11 PM »

Daily news from JC.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: January 05, 2021, 07:16:02 PM »

Another vid from Rob Swanda's channel.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: January 05, 2021, 07:29:31 PM »

But we started our vaccination programme whilst to all intents and purposes still being in the EU.

Not to take away from the fact that on the face of it we have made a great start in allowing vaccine rollout but I don't see what our membership of the EU has to do with it.

Well, put simply, we weren't in the EU. We made our own decisions about approvals and we didn't join their joint purchasing efforts, which, at the time, was used as a stick by remoaners (nb used only for the small number of Lord Adonis type remainers) to accuse the UK of being disadvantaged by that approach. As we now know, the reverse is actually true.

One could make an argument that the EU purchased vaccines will have a lower overall cost of acquisition eventually versus those purchased by the UK,  but it seems barely relevant at this time.

Obv take Bergeroos and Doob's points that from now it's more about how individual countries roll things out than the EU per se.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 07:38:01 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: January 05, 2021, 07:38:12 PM »

John Campbell said a few times and again at the end of that video that nothing to do with brexit.

UK just ordered theirs up anyway and rightly so. He has been quite scathing of the european commission regarding the vaccines.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: January 05, 2021, 08:46:32 PM »

John Campbell said a few times and again at the end of that video that nothing to do with brexit.

UK just ordered theirs up anyway and rightly so. He has been quite scathing of the european commission regarding the vaccines.

Well, tbf, hes completely wrong about that. Its binary.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: January 05, 2021, 09:04:46 PM »

Well, tbf, hes completely wrong about that. Its binary.

If you say so, I'm sure you're much better informed than him Wink

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: January 05, 2021, 09:20:58 PM »

Extraordinary new figures just published by the ONS

Between Dec 27 and Jan 2, an estimated 2.06% of the whole population had covid, or 1 in 50. That's 1.12 million people. Up more than 300,000 from only the week before, when it was 1.47% or 1 in 70.

Hope the socks Grandma bought for Xmas were worth seeing her in ICU in January.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: