blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:34:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 371491 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: February 07, 2012, 02:19:16 PM »

Also with the 77, if he just doesn't have anything... then why are you devising a plan to put a bunch more money in the pot and then fold lol? Better to 3bet 5bet 7bet 9bet call imo

He might start to convince me. Didn't look like the kind of man who had that many bullets when running a bluff. Mostly just to protect my 86.8% equity, 'cause unless I turn a house I never hold on the river.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 07, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »

Pie flip tonight FTW

Yeap.

Thought of an interesting flip yet?
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 09, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »

Okay, scratch my pies out. PeeJay and I are on for a way more interesting flip. Yet to work out exactly how it's going to go ahead, but we're having a race to the Monte Carlo seat through DTD's awesome cash game bonus. Need to think of something quick, 'cause we're already 50 hours in. Wink

Tuesday was a pretty boring evening of poker. Didn't play any hands, then flopped bottom set on and agreed to run it twice for an £800 pot versus . The first board ran out bricks, then the second board immediately paired with the . "That's me!" I exclaimed, effectively calling for the inevitable (and not inconsequential) river. Chop it up, then. The next hand is notable for its hilarity. Poor dealer Nick (who - as a disclaimer because I know the DTD staff read this board sometimes though probably not this diary - is definitely one of the best dealers at Dusk at the moment and it's not even close) must have been so confused at not shipping 100% of the pot my way then proceeds to absolutely butcher the next hand. Pre-flop was fine, then all of a sudden, we had four community cards. Uh... Okay everyone knows the procedure, deal the natural river down and then shuffle it up. Out of nowhere, one of the players in the pot was like "I tell you what, let's just run it out to the river, no more bets, there's only two of us in the hand, I have a flush draw," and turns his hand over. His ability to correctly read his own two cards was spot on, however his ability to count the players still involved in the pot was a little bit off. The third player in the hand disagreed to just running it out. Now the turn card was dealt correctly, and it completed the flush, so player 2 bets. Player 3 calls. Sick levels in this hand. By this point it was a little tricky to tell how the action went because the whole table was rolling on the floor laughing. This is the difference between something going wrong at Gala and at Dusk. Gala: drama, Dusk: comedy. Gala: getting squared up to and being spat on, Dusk: hernia from laughing too hard.

Ended up even on the £1/2 that night and winning £130 or so at 50/1 when I moved over. That is, until the last hand, where I lost a £200 "flip." Sigh. Marvelous.

The pre-session steak at Soulville was incredible, though. Alex and I took our maids, and aside from Alex's rookie mistake of picking the sirloin cut over the fillet, (do posh people know anything?!) a good night was had all round.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 09, 2012, 04:10:39 PM »

As always loving the pennage, and I agree with you on the fillet, but pretty sure there are some blonde steak-heads who will tell you the sirloin is more flavoursome!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 09, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »

Alex knows exactly what he is doing.

Fillet more expensive less fat

Sirloin more taste though

Sirloin >>>>> Fillet

Let blondepoker.com steak wars 13 commence!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 09, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »

Well Done!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 09, 2012, 05:21:22 PM »

It's close. The sirloin defo tastes nicer (but not a huge amount) but it's just so tilting having to cut off all the fat and hack it apart to get the meat.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 09, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »

Okay, scratch my pies out. PeeJay and I are on for a way more interesting flip. Yet to work out exactly how it's going to go ahead, but we're having a race to the Monte Carlo seat through DTD's awesome cash game bonus. Need to think of something quick, 'cause we're already 50 hours in. Wink

The commitment to the cause is going to be tested tonight. High likelyhood of being snowed in again! In it FTW! Wink
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 09, 2012, 05:40:09 PM »

The commitment to the cause is going to be tested tonight. High likelyhood of being snowed in again! In it FTW! Wink

Just having a browse of the people that finalled the £50 comps this week. Yum.

Just saying.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 09, 2012, 05:47:14 PM »

It's close. The sirloin defo tastes nicer (but not a huge amount) but it's just so tilting having to cut off all the fat and hack it apart to get the meat.

You don't eat the fat?! 

just wasted three minutes trying to work out how to type an interrobang 

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 09, 2012, 06:03:03 PM »

You don't eat the fat‽ 

fyp
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 09, 2012, 06:03:44 PM »

Alt+8253 btw Smiley
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 09, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »

Well Done!!
Like mine blue

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 09, 2012, 06:43:23 PM »

Sick levels in this hand. By this point it was a little tricky to tell how the action went because the whole table was rolling on the floor laughing.

On the turn, player 2 is showing an 8 high flush, and bets.
Player 3 says ' I have a flush too', and raises, player 2................ calls! (At this point I was out of control)l.

Player 2 then check calls the river, to be shown the Queen high flush (it's hard to hit a flush, never mind two flushes in the same hand, so it's understandable that he couldn't put player 3 on that hand).
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 09, 2012, 08:07:31 PM »

sirlion>>>fillet

has to be rare

Just me
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: