blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:13:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282640 times)
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #9075 on: August 06, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »

Lavezzi would be brilliant for us. Always rated him very highly from his days at Napoli.

Lavezzi or Rossi were my champ man picks once Luis left.

Very excited for the coming season, and absolutely love the signings so far.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9076 on: August 06, 2014, 07:47:52 PM »

Reuse would be the marquee signing, but it isn't going to happen.

Lavezzi would be a great signing, he's very, very fast. Would add to an already quick attacking lineup.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: August 06, 2014, 08:05:38 PM »

assuming we knew Luis was going to go, and we were getting £70m minimum for him, anyone else concerned alot of the "marquee" signings have gone already?

I'm thinking, Shaw, Greissmann, Rodriquez, Sanchez....etc.

Who could we seriously get now to "replace" Luis, or are we going with what we have up top.  If so what defenders are out there to boost us?

Carpe Diem
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9078 on: August 06, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »

We'd never pay £30m for a defender. Sanchez was obviously the plan, but he didn't want to go to Liverpool. Ironically, with Suarez Liverpool would have been a more attractive proposition.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9079 on: August 06, 2014, 08:36:31 PM »

assuming we knew Luis was going to go, and we were getting £70m minimum for him, anyone else concerned alot of the "marquee" signings have gone already?

I thought that we would have signed a top class striker as one of our top priorities.

I know Brenda wants and expects Hendo , Sterling and Coutinho to score more this season so perhaps he thinks that our midfield can compensate for the loss of Luis's goals.
I'm not so sure but............

In Brenda we trust.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: August 06, 2014, 08:40:20 PM »

I thought that we would have signed a top class striker as one of our top priorities.

I know Brenda wants and expects Hendo , Sterling and Coutinho to score more this season so perhaps he thinks that our midfield can compensate for the loss of Luis's goals.
I'm not so sure but............

In Brenda we trust.

We trust indeed, just knowing we needed to replace, knowing we need a bigger squad, i cant quite workout if we've achieved it or not by just spending circ £15m.

Magically if so, backwards** step if not.

** backwards as in 5th or below.

Carpe Diem
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9081 on: August 06, 2014, 08:45:41 PM »

Just had a look but cant find the link....Brenda mentioned something about not being in a hurry to buy and that there was always the January transfer window.

I thought at the time that it was a strange statement to make.Perhaps he has somebody lined up who is out of contract at the end of the year? Although that would seem an unusual time for a contract to expire.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9082 on: August 07, 2014, 06:04:58 AM »

Sanchez was plan A, and I'm not sure there was a plan B.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

We didn't sign anyone in the January window, when we really needed some cover in defence.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: August 07, 2014, 09:02:10 AM »

No plan b? Have you got Alec salmond as your manager now!!!!!!!!

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: August 07, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »

Isn't Falcao rumoured to be the plan b?

Man C or Liverpool, and Liverpool meant to be closest....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: August 07, 2014, 10:11:23 AM »

Manchester is actually 15 miles closer as the crow flies

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: August 07, 2014, 01:52:18 PM »

I like plan B! Monaco seems the forgotten place these days and kind of, albeit very nice, stop gap!?

Carpe Diem
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: August 07, 2014, 02:00:39 PM »

I like plan B! Monaco seems the forgotten place these days and kind of, albeit very nice, stop gap!?

players are of course paid tax-free in the principality so its a big ask for almost any club (except the spanish big two) to get a player they want out of Monaco and be able to match the package they are on there

against that, PSG apart its not a top five European league so some players want to be in a better league. most don't though, unless they don't like ferraris, yachts, the climate on the french riviera, relaxing breakfasts in the cafe de paris etc etc 

I just heard Falcao/Liverpool/City chattered around the place, and wondered if there was anything to it

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: August 07, 2014, 02:04:10 PM »

players are of course paid tax-free in the principality so its a big ask for almost any club (except the spanish big two) to get a player they want out of Monaco and be able to match the package they are on there

against that, PSG apart its not a top five European league so some players want to be in a better league. most don't though, unless they don't like ferraris, yachts, the climate on the french riviera, relaxing breakfasts in the cafe de paris etc etc 

I just heard Falcao/Liverpool/City chattered around the place, and wondered if there was anything to it

The goos thing if you did get them out, would ne you'd be pretty sure it was for footballing reasons and not financial   

Carpe Diem
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9089 on: August 08, 2014, 10:12:49 AM »

Not sure if Falcao is the right sort of forward for Liverpool and the system Rodgers wants to play. Isn't he very much a fox in the box sort of forward, rather than one who gets heavily involved in the build up and link-up play with the other attacking players?

No question he's a very good striker though.

Pages: 1 ... 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: