blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:00:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 613 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1268484 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #9120 on: August 12, 2014, 07:02:54 PM »

Martin Kelly lowdown please? May be on his way to Palace shortly.

Not a natural full-back for me.  Defensively pretty sound at right-back, but has to work at going forward.  When he does, he's not that bad and can deliver a decent ball, but he's never going to set the world on fire offensively.

For me, he's a centre back. 

Solid though, and an honest player who'll give his all every time he plays.

Interesting. Sounds like a description of Mariappa. Hopefully Kelly flourishes with more game time if he does come.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9121 on: August 12, 2014, 07:19:53 PM »

For me, he's a centre back. 

Solid though, and an honest player who'll give his all every time he plays.

Hopefully Kelly flourishes with more game time if he does come.
[/quote]

Agree with Dan.  Had a couple of injuries which stopped his progression just as he was getting a run in the team.Will surely prove to be a valuable member of the team if given a run in the side.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9122 on: August 12, 2014, 08:00:15 PM »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-agree-deal-sign-sevilla-7603382

Moreno for £12m plus add-ons.  Good business from Ayres and the rest of them considering Seville were demanding £20m.  Apparently he won't play the Super Cup either.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: August 12, 2014, 08:03:23 PM »

What about a striker, now?

I don't especially want Samuel Eto'o. That being said, who am I ever going to be happy with as a Suarez replacement?

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: August 12, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »

I don't especially want Samuel Eto'o. That being said, who am I ever going to be happy with as a Suarez replacement?

I think we have to consider any forward as an attempt to fill part of the gap, rather than replacing, as thats impossible.

My fear now is we'll soon get the speech of  " squad is better than last year" " no rush"  " midfield will get us more goals" as excuses to why we havent filled the gaping gap we currently find ourselves with

Carpe Diem
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9125 on: August 12, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »

Eto - no, won't happen - think it's a load of nonsense.  His wages are astronomical for starters.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9126 on: August 12, 2014, 08:10:35 PM »

Suarez can't be replaced.  Is there anyone who could step in and be a like-for-like replacement?  Aguero maybe (obviously not going to happen)?

Remy would have been a good signing as a secondary strike option to Sturridge, shame that didn't happen.  Still think they're looking for someone up top as we definitely need one other to go with Sturridge and Lambert.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:12:40 PM by kinboshi » Logged

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: August 12, 2014, 08:16:52 PM »

Suarez can't be replaced.  Is there anyone who could step in and be a like-for-like replacement?  Aguero maybe (obviously not going to happen)?

Remy would have been a good signing as a secondary strike option to Sturridge, shame that didn't happen.  Still think they're looking for someone up top as we definitely need one other to go with Sturridge and Lambert.

Are we therefore looking for a back up now or still a marquee?

If back up, Borini still and willing?!  Does Rodgers believe Daniel can take the lead!?

Carpe Diem
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: August 12, 2014, 08:47:02 PM »

Moreno a bargain at 12m a much needed signing especially with Enrique injury record but he's a player a really like.think Kelly could be a cracking bit of business by palace given regular game time he could flourish he's definitely a centre back never a rb looks so comfortable there especially going forward.I'm so against the etoo it's untrue well past I used to laugh last season when I saw he was Chelsea's main striker I agree we need someone but someone way better.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9129 on: August 12, 2014, 09:13:55 PM »

Moreno a bargain at 12m a much needed signing especially with Enrique injury record but he's a player a really like.think Kelly could be a cracking bit of business by palace given regular game time he could flourish he's definitely a centre back never a rb looks so comfortable there especially going forward.I'm so against the etoo it's untrue well past I used to laugh last season when I saw he was Chelsea's main striker I agree we need someone but someone way better.

Same here.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9130 on: August 12, 2014, 09:50:09 PM »

Are we therefore looking for a back up now or still a marquee?

If back up, Borini still and willing?!  Does Rodgers believe Daniel can take the lead!?

Sturridge can obviously take the lead - he was the second-highest scorer in the league last season even with Suarez scoring so many for Liverpool.  But yes, I think we will make a big signing before the season starts - but time is running out.

Borini isn't good enough.

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: August 13, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »

Been an absolutely brilliant window imo. We've signed players that are of excellent quality and ready to go straight into the first team. The squad is so balanced now, apart from the obvious striker shortage.

This is the most excited I've been going into a season, genuinely think we're gonna really close again.

WE GO AGAIN!
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: August 13, 2014, 09:31:32 AM »

Rickie Lambert
Adam Lallana
Dejan Lovren
Lazar Markovic
Divock Origri
Emre Can
Javier Manquillo
Alberto Moreno

Roughly cost us £30m in total balanced books. Pretty darn good business really!!!

Looking positively, If we can get lambert/markovic/lallana to score 25 between them then taking into account Suarez wouldnt repeat the 30+ again, and that we would to need to score 100+, as we will win games 2-0 or 3-1 instead of 5-2, 6-3, it could be pulled off!!!?

Carpe Diem
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: August 13, 2014, 09:45:50 AM »

Or you might just have done what Spurs did when they sold Bale!
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: August 13, 2014, 09:58:15 AM »

Or you might just have done what Spurs did when they sold Bale!

Sssh, i said looking posititively!!

In our defence, 3 of the 8 are proven prem players and they all arent first teamers more squad builders, which was needed. If you believe what we have been saying, most in the pipeline irrelevant of Suarez money

Carpe Diem
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 613 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: