blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1442 1443 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 1449 1450 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296160 times)
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21675 on: March 14, 2011, 12:38:32 PM »

Accessible science:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00zm833/Wonders_of_the_Universe_Stardust/

Well worth an hour of anyone's time.

It is good, but you have to laugh at the mind-boggling travel budget - "imagine the dying sun was this derelict prison on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro"

It seems standard for so many programs now. I like to think that they are visiting friends/family (at their own expense) and just decide to do some filming while they are they. I'm an optimist.
At least he made several minutes of film out of it as opposed to several seconds.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #21676 on: March 14, 2011, 12:39:26 PM »

Again Scotty, there really are better diaries on Blonde. It's just all 'jobbie this', 'thingy that' here.

For incisive sports betting advice, I recommend a trip to the betting tips and sports discussion section.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #21677 on: March 14, 2011, 12:45:30 PM »

It's all gone quiet from you and Tom on the WSOP front.

Have you two ditherers made a decision yet?

Afternoon Keith.

Tom can speak for himself, but he did not really have a decision to make.

As for me, you'll be pleased to know that I've reached a very advanced position of ditheryness. I was momentarily ditherynessless, but I've moved into ditherynesslessness now.

I HAVE decided, unless something serious intervenes, to go out to Vegas 10 or 14 days BEFORE the Sky Poker Team travel out. It'll be my first "holiday" since I re-commenced work 5 years ago, & the first EVER time, in 7 WSOP visits to Vegas, I've gone there to play poker. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am by the prospect, I'm like a 16 year old on his first date.

I plan to play the Caesars Deepstacks for 10 or 12 days straight, maybe a few Venetian ones, perhaps Binions, too. Sadly, the Deepie schedule has not been published yet, afaic, but as soon as they are, my flight & Hotel will be booked. I'm almost "counting the sleeps" already!

As to the Main Event, no, I've not decided yet, to be honest, I'm really grappling with it right now. It sort of depends on a whole bunch of things, including ridding myself of the notion that I'd "freeze", & coming to terms with my responsibilities to Sky Poker.

Thank you for asking, & I hope my indecision is not seen as apathy or rudeness to all those who offered to stake me, which I took as a huge compliment, given my limited abilities. If I do play it, I would like to think it would be a "Community-based" thing, where a lot of people shared in the success. If any. Winning a big bunch of money there is not the kick, it's just not, but I would love to play it just once.

Well done last night, at The Vic, by the way. Well, almost. I lolled hard at the hero call with Ace high into Quads. Good read, Sir.

How is Katherine, & young Jake?

Does Jake have a QPR shirt yet?

You enjoying Mr Warnock's tenure?

Katharine and Jake are fine. Jake just adores school, so much so that he was grumpy all week at half term, couldn't wait to get back.

The teacher told me something he said in class the other day. she was opening the window and she asked the class why they thought she was doing it.

Jake answered "To let the love in".

I hope he isn't going to be a soft bastard like me.

Has he got a QPR shirt? What a stupid question! He's on his third already.

I took him to Middlesbrough v the R's a couple of weeks ago.

He just loved it, and spent the next week singing "We're going to Liverpool, you're going to Hartlepool!" around the house.

He's just starting footballl training. I'm afraid he is taking it a little too earnestly, but he's having a whale of a time by all accounts.

As for Mr Warnock, hmmmm.

I still can't say I particularly like the fella (the war with WBA is difficult to forget or forgive) but he's done an amazing job at Loftus Road and is clearly a superb man manager as the performances of Adel Taarabt atestify.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:57:48 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #21678 on: March 14, 2011, 12:47:45 PM »

Again Scotty, there really are better diaries on Blonde. It's just all 'jobbie this', 'thingy that' here.

For incisive sports betting advice, I recommend a trip to the betting tips and sports discussion section.

Will look properly later....if I give you £100 can you double it?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21679 on: March 14, 2011, 01:39:32 PM »

Will look properly later....if I give you £100 can you double it?

Read it, if you can, Ryan.

Chompy is a wonderfully gifted writer.

I got a PM today about a particular passage he had written, it was awesome. He really does write well.

He does not Update it daily, but sometimes, less is more, & it's amongst the first Threads I look out for every day. I'm pretty sure you'll soon be hooked on it.

It's here....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=51332.0

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21680 on: March 14, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »

It's all gone quiet from you and Tom on the WSOP front.

Have you two ditherers made a decision yet?

Afternoon Keith.

Tom can speak for himself, but he did not really have a decision to make.

As for me, you'll be pleased to know that I've reached a very advanced position of ditheryness. I was momentarily ditherynessless, but I've moved into ditherynesslessness now.

I HAVE decided, unless something serious intervenes, to go out to Vegas 10 or 14 days BEFORE the Sky Poker Team travel out. It'll be my first "holiday" since I re-commenced work 5 years ago, & the first EVER time, in 7 WSOP visits to Vegas, I've gone there to play poker. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am by the prospect, I'm like a 16 year old on his first date.

I plan to play the Caesars Deepstacks for 10 or 12 days straight, maybe a few Venetian ones, perhaps Binions, too. Sadly, the Deepie schedule has not been published yet, afaic, but as soon as they are, my flight & Hotel will be booked. I'm almost "counting the sleeps" already!

As to the Main Event, no, I've not decided yet, to be honest, I'm really grappling with it right now. It sort of depends on a whole bunch of things, including ridding myself of the notion that I'd "freeze", & coming to terms with my responsibilities to Sky Poker.

Thank you for asking, & I hope my indecision is not seen as apathy or rudeness to all those who offered to stake me, which I took as a huge compliment, given my limited abilities. If I do play it, I would like to think it would be a "Community-based" thing, where a lot of people shared in the success. If any. Winning a big bunch of money there is not the kick, it's just not, but I would love to play it just once.

Well done last night, at The Vic, by the way. Well, almost. I lolled hard at the hero call with Ace high into Quads. Good read, Sir.

How is Katherine, & young Jake?

Does Jake have a QPR shirt yet?

You enjoying Mr Warnock's tenure?

Katharine and Jake are fine. Jake just adores school, so much so that he was grumpy all week at half term, couldn't wait to get back.

The teacher told me something he said in class the other day. she was opening the window and she asked the class why they thought she was doing it.

Jake answered "To let the love in".

I hope he isn't going to be a soft bastard like me.

Has he got a QPR shirt? What a stupid question! He's on his third already.

I took him to Middlesbrough v the R's a couple of weeks ago.

He just loved it, and spent the next week singing "We're going to Liverpool, you're going to Hartlepool!" around the house.

He's just starting footballl training. I'm afraid he is taking it a little too earnestly, but he's having a whale of a time by all accounts.

As for Mr Warnock, hmmmm.

I still can't say I particularly like the fella (the war with WBA is difficult to forget or forgive) but he's done an amazing job at Loftus Road and is clearly a superb man manager as the performances of Adel Taarabt atestify.

Great to hear Jake is coming along so well, & seems to be well-balanced. Except for the QPR thing.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21681 on: March 14, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »

An exceptional article in either the Daily Telegraph or Times today, about Stan Collymore.

We all hated him for the Ulrika stuff, but he paid his bill, & I like the fact that he seems to have tried to atone. Forgiveness should always be possible.

He's quite the thing at TalkSport now, & unless it's pure spin, he has his head in the right place now, too.

When you think back, he was quite a story. Southend & Barry Fry, Forest, Liverpool (BAD start there, when he got off on the wrong foot about playing out of position), England, & Villa, then, I think, a Spanish side for 5 minutes.

His head was in a right mess at the time, drugs, alcohol, screw loose, I don't know, but he wasted some of a great talent, & now he seems to have realised it, & is trying to make up for those wasted years.

Odd how on-field villains like Savage & Collymore have become media darlings. Nice odd. Sorry Motty, but the game has moved on.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21682 on: March 14, 2011, 04:33:34 PM »

Link to the Collymore piece?

Don't think its fair to compare his media work to that of Savage - Savage seems to be a complete natural, insightful, balanced with a great vocabulary.  Collymore on the other hand becomes more brash and abrasive week by week, and why does he have to shout so much?  I think some of it is the organisations they work for and the "character" they portray on air, but I will take Savage above Collymore every day of the week.

Any chance of Savage getting the Andy Gray position at Sky?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21683 on: March 14, 2011, 04:35:11 PM »

When you think back, he was quite a story. Southend & Barry Fry, Forest, Liverpool (BAD start there, when he got off on the wrong foot about playing out of position), England, & Villa, then, I think, a Spanish side for 5 minutes.

between Villa and Spain, Leicester, where he formed a lethal partnership for a season with a 20yo Heskey under O'Neill.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #21684 on: March 14, 2011, 04:37:45 PM »

An exceptional article in either the Daily Telegraph or Times today, about Stan Collymore.

We all hated him for the Ulrika stuff, but he paid his bill, & I like the fact that he seems to have tried to atone. Forgiveness should always be possible.

He's quite the thing at TalkSport now, & unless it's pure spin, he has his head in the right place now, too.

Two small facts missed from above...

1) He played for Stafford Rangers, where, FWIW, I watched him play and for all those who did watch him back in the day,we all saw his 'potential' then.

2) He was actually born in Stone, Staffordshire. A great little town in the heart of England which will also be the home town of a future WSOP champion*

*may or may not happen

Life has no rebuy options
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21685 on: March 14, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »

1) He played for Stafford Rangers, where, FWIW, I watched him play and for all those who did watch him back in the day,we all saw his 'potential' then.

2) He was actually born in Stone, Staffordshire. A great little town in the heart of England which will also be the home town of a future WSOP champion*

*may or may not happen

Stone is also the home of Discharge and Charged GBH, what a town.

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21686 on: March 14, 2011, 05:45:04 PM »

Link to the Collymore piece?

Don't think its fair to compare his media work to that of Savage - Savage seems to be a complete natural, insightful, balanced with a great vocabulary.  Collymore on the other hand becomes more brash and abrasive week by week, and why does he have to shout so much?  I think some of it is the organisations they work for and the "character" they portray on air, but I will take Savage above Collymore every day of the week.

Any chance of Savage getting the Andy Gray position at Sky?

It's subjective as to their relative merits, maybe the comparision was a bit wonky.

Savage getting the SS gig? No idea. I bumped into the SS Exec who will, with others, make that decision today, but she was staying schtum.

The article was in The Times, & upon re-reading, perhaps it was a tad spinny, as I originally hinted. What you think?

Not sure if this Link will work, due to the paywall behind which The Times Online now sits.......

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article2944728.ece

EDIT - yes, the link works, & please note, it is a 2 page article.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:48:32 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21687 on: March 14, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »

*may or may not happen

Stone is also the home of Discharge and Charged GBH, what a town.

Explain, please, Glenn?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21688 on: March 14, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »

between Villa and Spain, Leicester, where he formed a lethal partnership for a season with a 20yo Heskey under O'Neill.

Yes, I clean forgot his Leicester odessey. So long ago.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21689 on: March 14, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »

*may or may not happen

1) Never knew that.

2) Respectively, so I believe, agreed, (I know the area well), &, that's probably fanciful thinking.  But it's good to dream.

Pages: 1 ... 1442 1443 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 1449 1450 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: