blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3540 3541 3542 3543 [3544] 3545 3546 3547 3548 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6295824 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53145 on: October 08, 2018, 06:14:15 PM »

Good answers, & correct.

When Pommy was in that Dublin EPT thing - & if I recall correctly, the final of which was held in a Library or Museum (truly) - Dave Shallow & a bunch of fellow degens jumped on a plane to Dublin, hired a big limo, & they all went out on the piss, big time. Quite a night, I was told.    

Not sure who Pommy works for now. Last time I saw him - must have been 6 or 8 years ago - he was working for BlackBelt Poker, aka Mr Channing. I went across to their Office, Snoopy was there too, plus a very pretty young lady who later turned out to be handy at poker. Can't remember where the office was, maybe Hampstead, Highgate, somewhere up that way.

Quite a nice office it was, too, presumably paid for out of the enormous profits Ambo made from BlackBelt. In theory.

That Dave Shallow story sounds familiar, I have a vague memory that Dave Pomroy had to finish 6th to break even.   Sure he was DPommo, not Pommy, but could be wrong.

Unibet is the answer, 888 did feel wrong.

Is there some Skypoker event going on that I can't attend at the weekend?

Yes, DPommo rings a bell. He was THE man in UK online nosebleed cash game stakes at the time. And yes, he had to finish 6th to get ahead.

Sky Poker event this weekend - yes, we head up to the sunny climes of Glasgow for an SPT. £50,000 Guarantee, so not exactly a Party Poker Millions affair. Let's call it a niche product.

I head out of Euston at about 7am on Friday, so train & railway photos incoming.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53146 on: October 08, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »

Anyone care to explain what this is all about?

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53147 on: October 08, 2018, 06:49:52 PM »

Grecs has been back in the UK for a few years now, and was working in the West End last I heard.

Think Dave Pomroy works for Unibet, or did.

Whilst you are here mate, I was talking to "The Mad Monk" on the Forum Next Door this morning, & he wrote;

"cheers tikay, will say hello when ime there on Friday,marky147 is coming over to say hi on the Friday night"

I land at about 6:30pm, so will come down to Alea once I'm plotted up.

Just need to find out who 'The Mad Monk' is, at the other forum next door Smiley

I honestly don't know, though he seem to know me.

I do know - by his posts over the years -  that a) he is a Vegas regular, loves playing at Nugget b) He is or was a Kracked Kings regular & c) He lives in Glasgow, very near to Alea I suspect. 

No doubt we'll find out over the weekend, as we must both know who it is, if he knows that I'm going to the Alea on Friday night.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53148 on: October 08, 2018, 06:51:09 PM »

Good answers, & correct.

When Pommy was in that Dublin EPT thing - & if I recall correctly, the final of which was held in a Library or Museum (truly) - Dave Shallow & a bunch of fellow degens jumped on a plane to Dublin, hired a big limo, & they all went out on the piss, big time. Quite a night, I was told.    

Not sure who Pommy works for now. Last time I saw him - must have been 6 or 8 years ago - he was working for BlackBelt Poker, aka Mr Channing. I went across to their Office, Snoopy was there too, plus a very pretty young lady who later turned out to be handy at poker. Can't remember where the office was, maybe Hampstead, Highgate, somewhere up that way.

Quite a nice office it was, too, presumably paid for out of the enormous profits Ambo made from BlackBelt. In theory.

That Dave Shallow story sounds familiar, I have a vague memory that Dave Pomroy had to finish 6th to break even.   Sure he was DPommo, not Pommy, but could be wrong.

Yes, DPommo rings a bell. He was THE man in UK online nosebleed cash game stakes at the time. And yes, he had to finish 6th to get ahead.

Sky Poker event this weekend - yes, we head up to the sunny climes of Glasgow for an SPT. £50,000 Guarantee, so not exactly a Party Poker Millions affair. Let's call it a niche product.

I head out of Euston at about 7am on Friday, so train & railway photos incoming.

Great tourneys, and we both thoroughly enjoyed the one at Brighton.

Keep your trains, I'm heading out of Southampton at 17:30, and probably won't arrive too far behind you Wink

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53149 on: October 08, 2018, 09:11:02 PM »

I'll have a fiver on the bloke on the right.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53150 on: October 08, 2018, 09:15:45 PM »

Magnus is a bit of a Nico Rosberk look-alike.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53151 on: October 08, 2018, 09:34:32 PM »

World Championship starts a month tomorrow in London.

I think it's the first first time two players under 30 have competed in the title match.

Magnus is playing Italian/American Fabiano Caruana. He's closer to world number one than ever before and playing good chess.

He's not playing Trent Alexander-Arnold. Presumably he was either local or is sponsored by Kaspersky.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53152 on: October 08, 2018, 09:43:15 PM »

World Championship starts a month tomorrow in London.

I think it's the first first time two players under 30 have competed in the title match.

Magnus is playing Italian/American Fabiano Caruana. He's closer to world number one than ever before and playing good chess.

He's not playing Trent Alexander-Arnold. Presumably he was either local or is sponsored by Kaspersky.

I believe it is being held in Holborn of all places.

The venue is not particularly inspiring externally, but internally it's quite spectacular. If you want a fine building, you can't beat a grand staircase.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53153 on: October 08, 2018, 09:49:34 PM »

For those who do not follow football, the young man on the left is Trent Alexander-Arnold, one of the most promising footballers in England, & one who has a glittering career ahead of him. He plays for Liverpool, & has been on their books since he was 6 years old.

Does a lot of charity work too. A fine young man.

Maybe needs to brush up on his chess though, Carlsen beat him in 17 moves, though fair to say that was 8 more than super brain-box Bill Gates managed to survive against the current World Chess Champion.   

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53154 on: October 09, 2018, 10:59:09 AM »

Good answers, & correct.

Dave Pomroy has just left Unibet in Malta in the last month or so. Don't know him personally, so not sure where he is now.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53155 on: October 09, 2018, 12:29:39 PM »

18th century. What would you imagine to be the most unimaginable thing that we have now that we didn't have then?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53156 on: October 09, 2018, 12:35:20 PM »

I have a shortlist, but I can't reveal it yet because have a small bet on what will be the first thing suggested and also what will be included.

PS- I also have a clause that prevents me being shafted by some wag putting Lady Gaga, Nando's or some such nonsense.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53157 on: October 09, 2018, 12:40:11 PM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else eat dry crunchy-nut cornflakes instead of popcorn while watching telly?

The problem is, eating the crunchy-nut cornflakes makes me want a cup of tea and the tea makes me want more crunchy-nut cornflakes. (Well they are ludicrously tasty)

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53158 on: October 09, 2018, 01:09:36 PM »

Good answers, & correct.

Dave Pomroy has just left Unibet in Malta in the last month or so. Don't know him personally, so not sure where he is now.

Playtech according to linkedin

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53159 on: October 09, 2018, 01:31:43 PM »

I'm delighted to see the extra traffic here, but I wonder at what point His Tom-Ness will realise what diary he is posting on?

Pages: 1 ... 3540 3541 3542 3543 [3544] 3545 3546 3547 3548 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: