blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:58:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How did I play this hand / comments please / from the ROOKIE!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did I play this hand / comments please / from the ROOKIE!  (Read 34435 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2005, 12:55:30 PM »

Brian, if you get this sorted, I'll go easy on you next time we share a table.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2005, 01:06:18 PM »

fold!

growl and stare at the raiser, mutter something about this being the last time he messes with your blinds and tell him you hate laying down a big hand like this. - then muck... and continue to muck with similar holdings until you find a proper hand with which to go to war.

remember its all about 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 01:11:08 PM by Junior » Logged
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2005, 01:55:35 PM »

I like the move and indeed you were ahead. Calling is absolutely out of the question in my opinion you are clearly pot commited, a reraise does look to be a stronger move but the opponent must realise you will commit to any flop. So in short any move you make here commits you for all your chips. With 22 this not a situation I would want to be in . So I think a fold here and pray for a better opportunity , you still have enough to make people pass and nick some blinds and you are coming into blind stealing territory position wise.
Still max kudos for the move, the move of a aggressive champion thumbs up . I have no idea where he found a call from with A 10 .

just my thoughts
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2005, 02:05:33 PM »

fold!

growl and stare at the raiser, mutter something about this being the last time he messes with your blinds and tell him you hate laying down a big hand like this. - then muck... and continue to muck with similar holdings until you find a proper hand with which to go to war.

remember its all about 

thank you to the king of the hill

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2005, 02:07:34 PM »

I like the move and indeed you were ahead. Calling is absolutely out of the question in my opinion you are clearly pot commited, a reraise does look to be a stronger move but the opponent must realise you will commit to any flop. So in short any move you make here commits you for all your chips. With 22 this not a situation I would want to be in . So I think a fold here and pray for a better opportunity , you still have enough to make people pass and nick some blinds and you are coming into blind stealing territory position wise.
Still max kudos for the move, the move of a aggressive champion thumbs up . I have no idea where he found a call from with A 10 .

just my thoughts

that may have been the problem I saw, I was getting middle of the pack and I didnt know If i would get this chance again, thanks for the insight

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2005, 02:10:34 PM »

To me this is the heart of blonde, I dont care if I ever sound or look stupid to anyone ( just ask Junior) but the point is experience and knowledge is the source of power Cool

Please, I want to see more posts, I want everyone to post something, there is no wrong answer

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
dazla996

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2005, 02:31:16 PM »

i think i would of folded this hand, or called and if i didnt hit on the flop, fold..simple,,
lvlarc_uk

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2005, 02:58:17 PM »

Easy fold.
dan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005, 03:07:47 PM »

i fold or go all in, i dont think a reraise would put him off and then you are committed anyway
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2005, 03:58:13 PM »

a re-raise might put a junk button raise off

and most people wouldn't have called the all in with A 10 anyway, and wouldn't call the re-raise there with A10...it looks stronger than the all-in.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2005, 04:05:28 PM »

Call is not an option.

Folding is an option but i don't like it.

Raise, this is my preferd option, the question is how much.

Against a respnable player i move in, so make it a 15k bet into a 8k pot and let him decide if he wants to continue, this is still a big enough bet to get him to lay down (another reason for doing this, i don't want to wait a round and be in the situation when i have 17k and someone has raised 6k and now i can't get them to pass)

Against a good opponent i make it 10k more, give him 2-1 on the call to see a flop, he will then realise you are dying for action and have to pass a good hand.

How you were called by AT here is beyond me, i think it is a horrible call, risking your life on AT to a re-raise is pure madness. He was probably praying you just had a small pair. If you turn over AJ AQ AK he is in a world of pain and lets face it those are the 3 aces you are re-raising with in this spot.

You were unlucky you ran into a bad call and then lost the 50-50, that is poker as they say.

If he had laid down AT then you would have been on 25k and have a chance to steal a little without cripling yourself, a well timed move, just a pity the raiser never got sent the script.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2005, 04:07:32 PM »

Call is not an option.

Folding is an option but i don't like it.

Raise, this is my preferd option, the question is how much.

Against a respnable player i move in, so make it a 15k bet into a 8k pot and let him decide if he wants to continue, this is still a big enough bet to get him to lay down (another reason for doing this, i don't want to wait a round and be in the situation when i have 17k and someone has raised 6k and now i can't get them to pass)

Against a good opponent i make it 10k more, give him 2-1 on the call to see a flop, he will then realise you are dying for action and have to pass a good hand.

How you were called by AT here is beyond me, i think it is a horrible call, risking your life on AT to a re-raise is pure madness. He was probably praying you just had a small pair. If you turn over AJ AQ AK he is in a world of pain and lets face it those are the 3 aces you are re-raising with in this spot.

You were unlucky you ran into a bad call and then lost the 50-50, that is poker as they say.

If he had laid down AT then you would have been on 25k and have a chance to steal a little without cripling yourself, a well timed move, just a pity the raiser never got sent the script.

Perfect answer. I took five posts to say that, and not as precisely as he did

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2005, 04:08:04 PM »

Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with every word of Flushy's analysis. He may make a half-decent player one of these days.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2005, 04:14:06 PM »

Everyone's saying calling is not an option but i don't understand why a stop n go isn't a good move here. I hate being stopped and goed, if you can tell me some way around it I'll be very grateful.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2005, 04:18:32 PM »

Everyone's saying calling is not an option but i don't understand why a stop n go isn't a good move here. I hate being stopped and goed, if you can tell me some way around it I'll be very grateful.

You are not short enough for a stop and go to be optimal.

Say for example he raised with J8s, to steal the blinds, now the flop comes J83, 873, J96 or any combination of that sort of flop, you move in and he is calling. If you raise pre flop you take the pot away from J8.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: