blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How did I play this hand / comments please / from the ROOKIE!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did I play this hand / comments please / from the ROOKIE!  (Read 34442 times)
lvlarc_uk

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2005, 04:21:15 PM »

Flushy why do you think it was a terrible call with Ace 10 ? Maybe he deserves credit for putting him on a low pair?
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2005, 04:21:50 PM »

Call is not an option.

Folding is an option but i don't like it.

Raise, this is my preferd option, the question is how much.

Against a respnable player i move in, so make it a 15k bet into a 8k pot and let him decide if he wants to continue, this is still a big enough bet to get him to lay down (another reason for doing this, i don't want to wait a round and be in the situation when i have 17k and someone has raised 6k and now i can't get them to pass)

Against a good opponent i make it 10k more, give him 2-1 on the call to see a flop, he will then realise you are dying for action and have to pass a good hand.

How you were called by AT here is beyond me, i think it is a horrible call, risking your life on AT to a re-raise is pure madness. He was probably praying you just had a small pair. If you turn over AJ AQ AK he is in a world of pain and lets face it those are the 3 aces you are re-raising with in this spot.

You were unlucky you ran into a bad call and then lost the 50-50, that is poker as they say.

If he had laid down AT then you would have been on 25k and have a chance to steal a little without cripling yourself, a well timed move, just a pity the raiser never got sent the script.

Absolutely spot on mate. I do think the reraise is a stronger move or at least scarier to your foe than an all in. However he must know that you cannot fold on any flop so the chances are that they would read it as an all in, and do whatever they were going to do anyway.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2005, 04:37:51 PM »

Flushy why do you think it was a terrible call with Ace 10 ? Maybe he deserves credit for putting him on a low pair?

No noubt he put Brian on a 'range'

This range would have included PP's from QQ-22, although he knows it's more likley the 88-QQ. Also the face aces, AK AQ AJ. It drives me mad when players say "i put you on a small pair" because the small pair is played the same as AK AQ AJ here, i.e. all in.

So to call with AT, you are hoping it's the small pair rather than the pair, and i can't name many world class players calling off thier stacks hooping that they are just a slight dog.

An arguement could be made that if you know a player well you may know he is liable to push back with A9/A8 etc, however Brian said he had been playing tight and i don't think he has much of a reputation in Ireland given that i don't think he has played there before!!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2005, 04:43:03 PM »

Yes Flushy, The Rookies first trip to Ireland, & he told me this morning he'd been sitting very quiet, & had not played a hand in half an hour.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2005, 05:00:20 PM »

Maybe mr AT had somewhere to go?

I do love it when people know they are making bad calls and say "let's gamble" to sort of justify it, lol.

TEXAS_JAY

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2005, 05:08:28 PM »

mmmm...Obviously not knowing whats comin on the flop, I'd have just called to see what the flop brought me and if there wasn't a  2 then i'd have just check,checked all the way but if he/she had called after the flop,turn or river then i'd have folded. But please don't take any advise from me, believe me..I'm more of a rookie than you. Goodluck on sunday m8.      TJ

I honestly reckon its best to confuse your opposition, but to be honest, I really don't think that. Goodluck!      ;-]     TJ
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2005, 05:24:49 PM »

Everyone's saying calling is not an option but i don't understand why a stop n go isn't a good move here. I hate being stopped and goed, if you can tell me some way around it I'll be very grateful.

You are not short enough for a stop and go to be optimal.

Say for example he raised with J8s, to steal the blinds, now the flop comes J83, 873, J96 or any combination of that sort of flop, you move in and he is calling. If you raise pre flop you take the pot away from J8.

Precisely. The stop and go cant really work if he has a nicking hand. Brian obviously thought he was.
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2005, 05:32:16 PM »

Call is not an option.

Folding is an option but i don't like it.

Raise, this is my preferd option, the question is how much.

Against a respnable player i move in, so make it a 15k bet into a 8k pot and let him decide if he wants to continue, this is still a big enough bet to get him to lay down (another reason for doing this, i don't want to wait a round and be in the situation when i have 17k and someone has raised 6k and now i can't get them to pass)

Against a good opponent i make it 10k more, give him 2-1 on the call to see a flop, he will then realise you are dying for action and have to pass a good hand.

well said, thanks for the opinion

How you were called by AT here is beyond me, i think it is a horrible call, risking your life on AT to a re-raise is pure madness. He was probably praying you just had a small pair. If you turn over AJ AQ AK he is in a world of pain and lets face it those are the 3 aces you are re-raising with in this spot.

You were unlucky you ran into a bad call and then lost the 50-50, that is poker as they say.

If he had laid down AT then you would have been on 25k and have a chance to steal a little without cripling yourself, a well timed move, just a pity the raiser never got sent the script.

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2005, 05:34:37 PM »

I spoke to micky today and he said I could make that move because he thought I would STOP a stael that way, but it was his comp life on the line!!!!!!

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2005, 05:37:50 PM »

No noubt he put Brian on a 'range'

This range would have included PP's from QQ-22, although he knows it's more likley the 88-QQ. Also the face aces, AK AQ AJ. It drives me mad when players say "i put you on a small pair" because the small pair is played the same as AK AQ AJ here, i.e. all in.

So to call with AT, you are hoping it's the small pair rather than the pair, and i can't name many world class players calling off thier stacks hooping that they are just a slight dog.

An arguement could be made that if you know a player well you may know he is liable to push back with A9/A8 etc, however Brian said he had been playing tight and i don't think he has much of a reputation in Ireland given that i don't think he has played there before!!

I played "rookie Poker" u ntil rebuys were done, then I played the tightest of my life because I had 32k and wanted to pick my spots well, it was noy called because I had a bad table image, but the guy was very familiar w/ me and my story

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2005, 05:39:42 PM »

mmmm...Obviously not knowing whats comin on the flop, I'd have just called to see what the flop brought me and if there wasn't a  2 then i'd have just check,checked all the way but if he/she had called after the flop,turn or river then i'd have folded. But please don't take any advise from me, believe me..I'm more of a rookie than you. Goodluck on sunday m8.      TJ

great post, I want advise from everyone, I mean everyone, then I will take it all in and make my own judgement, the more input the better

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2005, 05:41:57 PM »

But Rookie, WHATS THE NEWS FROM THE €400 Final?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2005, 05:58:43 PM »

OK so he knew who you were, but you had been playing tight, so surely he must have taken this into account. Having said that you say you were playing tight, but is that tight or is it "rookie tight"??

wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2005, 06:14:59 PM »

But Rookie, WHATS THE NEWS FROM THE €400 Final?

Sorry, DC out in 4th, big hand all in pre flop w/ DC holding  Ah , other guy    , DC ahead after flop , turn  , end of story

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2005, 06:18:06 PM »

OK so he knew who you were, but you had been playing tight, so surely he must have taken this into account. Having said that you say you were playing tight, but is that tight or is it "rookie tight"??

I really had a great night going, had not shown any B S hands at all, no  , he just wanted to gamble, thought I just made a move because I put him on a steal. I had the right balance between aggresion and tightness, but I felt I really needed a pot soon, the big stacks were getting bigger and bigger.

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: