blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:15:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1732 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 1740 ... 2348 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3649872 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #26025 on: November 12, 2014, 08:34:46 PM »

Okay I had a quick look - the manipulation of the rates could have the knock on effect of influencing interest and mortgage rates - so customers could lose out

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #26026 on: November 12, 2014, 08:49:17 PM »

Back to biking briefly - I got an app for my phone from RealRider - it records your trip, but the reason I bought it is it uses the phone's accelerometer to detect a crash, if the phone doesn't move for a few minutes after one (i.e. you're unconscious) it calls the ambulance service, gives them gps coordinates for you & even warns them of your blood type. I've not got it for myself so much, as something to reassure my Mum I'm being safety conscious. The emergency part is a paid app, but a few quid is probably worth it.

Anyway they've launched an e-learning centre - with videos and commentary to explain riding techniques.

Worth a look....

http://www.realrider.com/e-learning-centre/

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26027 on: November 12, 2014, 09:14:27 PM »

Back to biking briefly - I got an app for my phone from RealRider - it records your trip, but the reason I bought it is it uses the phone's accelerometer to detect a crash, if the phone doesn't move for a few minutes after one (i.e. you're unconscious) it calls the ambulance service, gives them gps coordinates for you & even warns them of your blood type. I've not got it for myself so much, as something to reassure my Mum I'm being safety conscious. The emergency part is a paid app, but a few quid is probably worth it.

Anyway they've launched an e-learning centre - with videos and commentary to explain riding techniques.

Worth a look....

Can we get one for booder that rings me up and tells me I can have his bike?

The older I get, the better I was.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #26028 on: November 12, 2014, 10:23:32 PM »

Worth a look....

Can we get one for booder that rings me up and tells me I can have his bike?

That's bad - funny - but bad Cheesy

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26029 on: November 12, 2014, 10:45:14 PM »

You are a naughty man.   Cheesy

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26030 on: November 13, 2014, 08:41:32 AM »

I'm fascinatedby the comet landing. After 25 years of planning and10 years of travelling at a speed of 40000mph, landing craft Philae managed to touch down on a target just 2.5 miles wide  and 4 billion miles away.

Apparently, after the first landing it bounced back up.  (I was going to say bounced back into the air but I don't think there is any air, come to think of it, there probably isn't any up either) 

The bounce lasted for over two hours, because the gravitational pull of the comet is so weak. What I want to know is, with do little gravity, what holds the mother ship Rosetta in orbit?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26031 on: November 13, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »

My weather app is crap. Every time I look at it it says summary for today, even if it's pissing down.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26032 on: November 13, 2014, 10:16:28 AM »

I'm a big fan of instructional YouTube videos, but why in God's name do they all have to have music playing over them? It drives me nuts.

I was reading a blog recently by a man who went around the world on his motorcycle. He mentioned that when he needed a haircut, he found it more convenient to do it himself and I though, how the fudge do you cut your own hair? So I headed to YouTube and this was the first thing I found.

Couldn't you just kick that bugle player right in the bollocks?

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #26033 on: November 13, 2014, 10:28:01 AM »

I'm a big fan of instructional YouTube videos, but why in God's name do they all have to have music playing over them? It drives me nuts.

I was reading a blog recently by a man who went around the world on his motorcycle. He mentioned that when he needed a haircut, he found it more convenient to do it himself and I though, how the fudge do you cut your own hair? So I headed to YouTube and this was the first thing I found.

Me to

I find muting the sound helps tbh Smiley
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26034 on: November 13, 2014, 10:36:51 AM »

Me to

I find muting the sound helps tbh Smiley

Yeah, but they're instructional videos. If you mute the sound you can't hear the instructions.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #26035 on: November 13, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »

Errrrrrrrr good point
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26036 on: November 13, 2014, 10:19:32 PM »

Went to theory test center in Birmingham on the bike today. Used the sat nav in my phone via an earpiece with the screen turned off to avoid major roads. Over 3 hours only used 15% of my battery and it worked great.

Also tested my cold weather riding gear. Thick gauntlets, jeans, shirt, fleece, boiler suit, waterproof over-trousers, waterproof coat, high viz vest, steel toecap boots, ex army snood. I was toasty and dry.

Passed the theory test but it was much more intense than I expected. The hazard awareness test in particular was very, er, testing.

Those practice links rod gave me were very useful. Thanks Rod.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:14:36 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #26037 on: November 13, 2014, 11:44:34 PM »

Went to theory test center in Birmingham on the bike today. Used the sat nav in my phone via an earpiece with the screen turned off to avoid major roads. Over 3 hours only used 15% of my battery and it worked great.

Also tested my cold weather riding gear. Thick gauntlets, jeans, shirt, fleece, boiler suit, waterproof over-trousers, waterproof coat, high viz vest, steel toecap boots, ex army snood. I was toasty and dry.

Passed the theory test but it was much more intense than I expected. The hazard awareness test in particular was very, er, testing.

Well done Mr. Dog.

Portrait Artist was good this week. The one they picked was my second choice, I liked the one painted on home made paper. Thought it gave really good texture to the painting.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26038 on: November 13, 2014, 11:58:35 PM »

Well done Mr. Dog.

Portrait Artist was good this week. The one they picked was my second choice, I liked the one painted on home made paper. Thought it gave really good texture to the painting.

I haven't seen it yet Kev. Looking forward to it though.

Been watching a couple of new series too. Missing, and The Knick. Enjoying both.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26039 on: November 14, 2014, 09:04:04 AM »

A man climbs over 10ft high railings at the White House, sprints past two secret service agents and runs into some bushes. The secret service agents radio their dog handler mate on the other side of the bushes but he doesn't hear his radio because he's chatting on his mobile phone.

The intruder now runs up to the door of the White House, which everyone assumes is locked, and finds it open. He goes through and is confronted by a female officer who accidentally grabs her torch instead of her gun. He pushes past her and continues on. He is finally apprehended in a function room, deep inside the residence of the President of the United States.

The upshot of this farce? There is now a second barrier around the White House. What a shame to punish tourists and residents for the incompetence of the security services.

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 1732 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 1740 ... 2348 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: