blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:10:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1779 1780 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 1786 1787 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587683 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26730 on: May 23, 2015, 11:58:24 AM »

Sorry for posting yet another dog pic, but I just love this "What you talkin 'bout Willis" expression.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #26731 on: May 23, 2015, 10:24:56 PM »

Sorry for posting yet another dog pic, but I just love this "What you talkin 'bout Willis" expression.

That is a great picture. She looks to be thinking deep.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #26732 on: May 23, 2015, 11:22:03 PM »

That is a great picture. She looks to be thinking deep.

she's probably thinking about the pups & where they will be in 5 years.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26733 on: May 26, 2015, 10:36:19 PM »

For the last two hours, Mrs Red has been suffering from what the Americans call "gas".

When I say she's been suffering, what I mean is, we've all been suffering.

It's made worse by the fact that she keeps trying to let it out surreptitiously. She sounds like a ship trapped in the ice.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #26734 on: May 26, 2015, 10:46:20 PM »

For the last two hours, Mrs Red has been suffering from what the Americans call "gas".

When I say she's been suffering, what I mean is, we've all been suffering.

It's made worse by the fact that she keeps trying to let it out surreptitiously. She sounds like a ship trapped in the ice.

Can't she blame it on Compo or Tikay who both have previous?

Kizzy must be a prime suspect too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26735 on: May 27, 2015, 12:06:17 AM »

The puppies are 2 weeks old tomorrow, which means they get weighed and have their first wormer.

This is Elvis. He has symmetrical black over white markings and a nice quiff.

This is Red. He was the first born and was the first to open his eyes for a few moments today .

This is Curly Joe. He's the biggest pup and the tough guy of the outfit, or at least he pretends to be.

This is Bonnie, she's all white except for a black patch above her left eye. It fascinates me how the pigment bleeds on to the edge of her ear. It's as if she moved while the paint was still wet. She is now officially spoken for.

This is Amber, she's an off white, almost lemony colour with apricot daubs on the edges of her ears, the top of her head and over one eye. If I were forced to pick a favorite it would be this one.

And here is the obligatory group shot.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26736 on: May 27, 2015, 06:17:08 PM »

Stunning photos, Tom.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #26737 on: May 27, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »

Beauties Tom.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26738 on: May 27, 2015, 09:50:52 PM »

I was out in the car yesterday running some errands and I noticed I was getting low on fuel. Now I knew that Mrs Red was going to take the car to Lincoln tomorrow to visit her mother, so I thought I'd better fill up. The trouble was I wasn't anywhere near the cheap garage and Mrs read tells me off if I fill up at expensive garages, so I thought the best thing to do was just put £10 worth in and that would tide her over until she got to the cheap garage.

When I got to the garage, I noticed that the fuel was actually quite cheap, so I decided to fill up anyway. With the nozzle in the tank, I realised that I had to go to Wilkos for some more stuff and if I were to fill the tank, I wouldn't have enough money left for the other stuff I wanted to buy, so I decided I just put £20 worth in.

Bare with me, this is all going somewhere.

FF to this morning. I was lying in bed thinking about the cost of the fuel for some reason. In my mind's eye I could see myself putting petrol into the car. The trouble is, it's a bloody diesel car. I haven't had a petrol car for over 25 years, why would I put petrol in? I mean it isn't like I didn't know what I was doing, I distinctly remember looking at one green nozzle that said 'super unleaded' and another one that said 'regular unleaded' and I remember deciding to go for the cheaper one. The black diesel pump was right there and I sort of avoided it. So I did think about the type of fuel.

I don't understand it. I must have known what I was doing to suddenly realise it was wrong while lying in bed this morning.

Luckily, I'd only driven it a couple of miles with the wrong fuel in, so no real harm done. (good job I hadn’t put diesel into a petrol car, that would have been a real balls up).

I took the gas pipe off one of the caravans and used it to siphon all the fuel out and then towed the car to the (cheap) garage and filled it completely full with the correct fuel, then I drove it slowly for a couple of miles until the wrong fuel mix had been flushed from the pipes and it was fine.

It's scary though. I mean, how can you rationally do that? Grab hold of a green nozzle and pump the fuel in. The colour is wrong, the smell is wrong, the price is wrong...

I was looking at the price especially too. I chose the cheaper version of petrol and avoided the diesel.

I haven't used petrol for 25 years. It's really really scary. How does something like that happen?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #26739 on: May 27, 2015, 10:48:20 PM »

Welcome to my world.

I have an electric golf trolley and after I play golf I park it outside the clubhouse, take my clubs off the trolley, deposit them in my locker in the golf club's changing room and then when I leave I take the trolley to the nearby carpark, fold it up and it lives in the boot of my car. The the battery comes with me into my flat to get recharged.

I have forgotten to collect my trolley after walking right past it, and left it outside twice in the last few weeks, although I did remember both times to go back and collect it, but not before I had driven almost all the way home.

I've never had a diesel car thank goodness.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26740 on: May 28, 2015, 09:35:08 AM »

This morning I was emptying the previous day's detritus from my trouser pockets. Amongst the receipts, tissues etc, was an unused, (but no longer intact) teabag.

I mean, WTF?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26741 on: May 28, 2015, 10:12:47 AM »

I've been messing about with a phone for two days. It used to work fine but now it won't charge. I changed the charger but still no joy, so I consigned it to the scrapheap.

This morning Mrs Red said, "Why is there a phone battery on the kitchen top?"

I'd taken it out to put the sim card in and forgot to put it back. The worst part is, when the phone wouldn't charge, I opened it again to take the sim out and I still didn't notice that the battery was missing.

Red jelly here I come...

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26742 on: May 28, 2015, 10:24:50 AM »

Twice in last year or so I have withdrawn cash from a cash machine. Remembered to take my card, forgotten the cash! Getting expensive.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26743 on: May 28, 2015, 10:28:46 AM »

Twice in last year or so I have withdrawn cash from a cash machine. Remembered to take my card, forgotten the cash! Getting expensive.

Lol. I did that at DTD.

Withdrew the cash, put my name down for a game, waited half an hour for my name to be called and then realised what I had done.

Unbelievably, my dosh was still there.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26744 on: May 28, 2015, 10:38:17 AM »

Also done this recently. Luckily I was parked directly looking at machine. See the money still in machine and just as I step out a ne'er-do-well sees it too. He immediately grabs it and is with a nano second of pocketing it when my shout of ' oi that 's my money'  makes him return it saying  ''that was lucky'.

Cymru am byth
Pages: 1 ... 1779 1780 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 1786 1787 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: