blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
nirvana and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 1953 1954 [1955] 1956 1957 1958 1959 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587302 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29310 on: February 18, 2018, 10:59:13 PM »

Everyone in that photo (apart from Jack, obv) is someone I went to High School with back in the late 80's

Great pics. The one with Ger is so honest and revealing.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #29311 on: February 18, 2018, 11:19:20 PM »

Jack and I had a race in 2017 to see who could rack up the highest medical bills. He'd cancer and I'd a dodgy heart issue.

When I read this bit I I almost fell off my chair. I mean WHAT?

I'm so relieved to hear that you are both OK but I mean... WHAT?

Was it sudden, were you both ill at once, how/when were you diagnosed?

I'm sorry but I have an inappropriate interest in people's illnesses. tikay had a heart attack last year. (I'm sure he won't mind me mentioning it, it's public knowledge) Of course I wouldn't wish it on anyone but the story of it was fascinating.

I probably should stop talking to you actually. I sound like a lunatic. I'm going to end up getting sectioned.  

I wasn't sure if I should even post that portion of the update. Not a fan of the Debbie Downer stuff, but it is what it is. Who the feck ever came up with the 'It is what it is' thing? Seriously, that's the most ridic phrase I've ever heard.

Anyway, I was having heart trouble in Ireland back in 2009, but the docs decided I was nothing more than an uptight Yank, so they prescribed anti-anxiety meds. The UK docs agreed and carried on with the same meds. The only thing stressing me was their accusation that I was stressed. Fortunately, we're the in best American location for people with heart trouble and they snapped on to it within a year of our move here.

On the day I was brought in to the hospital to have a loop recorder implanted, Jack was stuck in the waiting room, watching the telly. On the telly was a local famous guy (Michael Stanley) talking about his brush with prostate cancer. He mentioned how a simple blood test would set you right. The following week, Jack went for his yearly physical and asked them to do the prostate blood test as they were at it. It came back positive...and then some. He'd radiation implant treatment about two months after I'd my cardiac ablation. 2017 basically sucked. Well...that's not fair. We both made it through 2017 so I suppose I should count me blessings.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #29312 on: February 18, 2018, 11:23:10 PM »

Everyone in that photo (apart from Jack, obv) is someone I went to High School with back in the late 80's

Great pics. The one with Ger is so honest and revealing.

Not going to lie. I've TWO people in my life who know everything. Jack and Ger. I feel bad about that sometimes, but one thing I can promise you, nothing is hidden...from either of them.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29313 on: February 18, 2018, 11:25:51 PM »

Had to Google 'Loop recorder' and 'Debbie Downer'.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #29314 on: February 18, 2018, 11:48:05 PM »

Had to Google 'Loop recorder' and 'Debbie Downer'.

Tis ok. Even married to Jack, I still have to google most stuff. In fact, he's probably the cause of most of my google searches. He educates/calms me and I educate/liven him. Perfect match, really. 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29315 on: February 19, 2018, 12:16:07 AM »

I wasn't sure if I should even post that portion of the update. Not a fan of the Debbie Downer stuff, but it is what it is. Who the feck ever came up with the 'It is what it is' thing? Seriously, that's the most ridic phrase I've ever heard.

Of course you have to post that part, it wouldn't be a proper update without it. That stuff isn't exactly small potadoes

It's nice to know you're doing OK now.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #29316 on: February 19, 2018, 12:30:43 AM »

Of course you have to post that part, it wouldn't be a proper update without it. That stuff isn't exactly small potadoes

Oh gosh, yeah. We're doing great now. We'd a wee spell where we motored on as if it were a 'business arrangement'. Fortunately, we both spotted the issues and talked it out so all is very much good now.

In other news, my middle daughter (Sinéad) wasn't having much to do with us. She recently accepted Jack's friend request on facebook. I know it sounds silly, but in my world, that's a jumbo big deal. She's a pain in the arse even when she loves ya.   

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29317 on: February 19, 2018, 12:44:27 AM »

Oh gosh, yeah. We're doing great now. We'd a wee spell where we motored on as if it were a 'business arrangement'. Fortunately, we both spotted the issues and talked it out so all is very much good now.

In other news, my middle daughter (Sinéad) wasn't having much to do with us. She recently accepted Jack's friend request on facebook. I know it sounds silly, but in my world, that's a jumbo big deal. She's a pain in the arse even when she loves ya.   

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #29318 on: February 19, 2018, 01:24:45 AM »

True story. If I didn't love them dearly, they'd be the death of me.

On the plus side, Sarah has ignored the family bs and carried on to do exactly what she set out to do. She's managed a bachelor's degree in Criminology. She's not alone. Brian somehow managed a bachelors in finance despite all his struggles and Sinéad pulled off a double in Marketing and German language. Can you believe I gave birth to that lot?! I'm still stunned by it all...

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29319 on: February 20, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »

True story. If I didn't love them dearly, they'd be the death of me.

On the plus side, Sarah has ignored the family bs and carried on to do exactly what she set out to do. She's managed a bachelor's degree in Criminology. She's not alone. Brian somehow managed a bachelors in finance despite all his struggles and Sinéad pulled off a double in Marketing and German language. Can you believe I gave birth to that lot?! I'm still stunned by it all...

Bloody hell pet, are you sure they're yours?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29320 on: February 20, 2018, 01:29:18 PM »

Pendulum swings too far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43126568

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29321 on: February 20, 2018, 01:37:33 PM »

Madness

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29322 on: February 20, 2018, 01:43:15 PM »

FFS.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #29323 on: February 20, 2018, 01:52:59 PM »

Cultural appropriation bollocks. Does this mean we should not even eat food from a different country or wear clothes not appropriate for the climate? Where do you draw the line.

Ah! The element of surprise
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29324 on: February 20, 2018, 02:03:44 PM »

I guess fake tan is now off-limits.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 1953 1954 [1955] 1956 1957 1958 1959 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: