blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:56:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1995 1996 1997 1998 [1999] 2000 2001 2002 2003 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3586833 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29970 on: October 06, 2018, 02:57:21 PM »

Banksy artwork shreds itself after £1m sale at Sotheby's - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-45770028

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29971 on: October 06, 2018, 05:04:33 PM »

Banksy artwork shreds itself after £1m sale at Sotheby's - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-45770028

Love it. Banksy is the ultimate troll.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29972 on: October 10, 2018, 07:50:15 PM »

Tom, I seem to remember you saying that you eventually watched Breaking Bad making me the only one left who hasn't even seen one episode but I have now succumbed.

Did you find a way of watching it for free? I can only see it available by some sort of subscription.

On a completely unrelated subject I encountered the largest swarm of ladybirds imaginable today - literally a huge cloud of them which covered me from head to toe - horrible.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29973 on: October 10, 2018, 07:58:27 PM »

On a completely unrelated subject I encountered the largest swarm of ladybirds imaginable today - literally a huge cloud of them which covered me from head to toe - horrible.

That'll be Harlequin ladybirds, Ralph. Quite an invasion of them this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45766496

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29974 on: October 10, 2018, 08:06:22 PM »

Tom, I seem to remember you saying that you eventually watched Breaking Bad making me the only one left who hasn't even seen one episode but I have now succumbed.

Did you find a way of watching it for free? I can only see it available by some sort of subscription.

Breaking bad is the best TV series I've ever seen by a country mile.

I watched it on sky boxed sets but its not available on there now, however the whole shebang appears to be available on Netflix and you can have a 30 day trial for free.

I don't think you could watch it all in 30 days but you will be well hooked by then and pay the £5.99 for an extra month.
I would pay a goodly amount if it could be wiped from my memory so that I could watch it again.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29975 on: October 10, 2018, 08:11:40 PM »

That'll be Harlequin ladybirds, Ralph. Quite an invasion of them this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45766496

Click to see full-size image.

Yes having just done a little Googling I saw that.

I was in the car-park at Wollaton this afternoon and it was quite breezy with plenty of leaves swirling around and that's what I thought they were at first due to their brownish colour - I used to quite like ladybirds too until this afternoon's experience, and discovering that they are STD carriers!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29976 on: October 10, 2018, 08:22:48 PM »

I watched it on sky boxed sets but its not available on there now, however the whole shebang appears to be available on Netflix and you can have a 30 day trial for free.

I don't think you could watch it all in 30 days but you will be well hooked by then and pay the £5.99 for an extra month.
I would pay a goodly amount if it could be wiped from my memory so that I could watch it again.

Signed up to Netflix for a month - do not disturb sign is on the door.

Thanks Tom.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #29977 on: October 10, 2018, 09:32:22 PM »

Go and watch The Art of Drumming.

Then come back and update this post, please.

Ta muchly.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29978 on: October 10, 2018, 10:17:31 PM »

Go and watch The Art of Drumming.

Then come back and update this post, please.

Ta muchly.

Will do.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #29979 on: October 11, 2018, 09:22:46 AM »

Have you watched Better Call Saul?

Its the prequel to Breaking Bad but centres around the lawyer Saul.

You obviously get loads of back story about a lot of the other BB characters.

It is different to BB but equally fantastic.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29980 on: October 11, 2018, 11:44:53 AM »

Have you watched Better Call Saul?

Its the prequel to Breaking Bad but centres around the lawyer Saul.

You obviously get loads of back story about a lot of the other BB characters.

It is different to BB but equally fantastic.

Is it on Netflix Stu? I've only had it a week and haven't explored it properly yet.

Tal asking me to update my post about Breaking Bad after I've watched The Art of Drumming made me realise that if I'm going to start posting about best evers, I can't be comparing apples and oranges so I will have to do categories and limit myself to top 3. Even then it's tough

Example: Nature programmes would be all Attenborough.

Life on Earth.
Conquest of the Skies.
The Private Life of Plants.

But then how do I leave out
Life in Cold Blood
The Blue Planet
Frozen Planet etc etc?

Breaking bad is definitely #1 on my fictional drama series list, with The Soprano's probably #2. (I'll have to think about #3)

The art of Drumming would fall into the documentary category (sub category music documentary)

I would welcome some ideas for categories and I would also like to know what other people's 123 for these are, (and what just missed out)

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #29981 on: October 11, 2018, 12:29:19 PM »

It most certainly is on Netflix as it is a Netflix Original.

4 seasons x 10 episodes each to go at.

Too hard to have a top 3 series at the moment as there is just so much good telly being made!

Ozark is another Netflix series that just had me hooked.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29982 on: October 11, 2018, 12:34:54 PM »

It most certainly is on Netflix as it is a Netflix Original.

4 seasons x 10 episodes each to go at.

Too hard to have a top 3 series at the moment as there is just so much good telly being made!

Ozark is another Netflix series that just had me hooked.

Ozark is already on my list.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29983 on: October 11, 2018, 01:31:50 PM »

Top 3 westerns.

Dances with wolves.
Django unchained.
The Good the Bad and the Ugly. (There are only 3 kinds if spurs in this world my friend....)

Missed the cut
The Magnificent Seven. (Original)
Unforgiven.
Shane.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29984 on: October 11, 2018, 02:15:37 PM »

Breaking bad is definitely #1 on my fictional drama series list, with The Soprano's probably #2. (I'll have to think about #3)

Fargo.

Pages: 1 ... 1995 1996 1997 1998 [1999] 2000 2001 2002 2003 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: