blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:16:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2006 2007 2008 2009 [2010] 2011 2012 2013 2014 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587098 times)
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30135 on: November 05, 2018, 01:42:33 PM »

Brilliant Tom

Don't get caught with red diesel in your tank though  Grin Grin Grin

Was offered some, but warned they can scrap your car for wrongful use now. Not worth the risk to me I'm afraid.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30136 on: November 05, 2018, 01:51:48 PM »

I can safely say I'm a G.O.B at 49 and 364 days, lying in a hospital bed waiting for a birthday spent on drip-fed antibiotics Sad

Annoyingly there's nothing much wrong but since I've a habit of taking anaphylactic shocks to antibiotics the docs insist on hospitalisation for any piddling wee infected elbow.

Adding insult to injury a gorgeous nurse came in started taking my details, and I know her mum.... yep, Grumpy Old Bastard it is.

G.O.B. Update, was OK Saturday, lots of sympathy from the nurses at being in on my birthday. One had me laughing when she said if I'd been offered an all inclusive weekend with young ladies offering me class a drugs every hour I'd have been delighted.

Sunday the consultant decided I was developing an abscess, and he was operating that afternoon - so nil by mouth, meaning no Sunday Roast, the one meal I'd been looking forward to. Maximum G.O.B. was reached, think Tikay in a Modern Art Gallery.

Today up and feeling better, elbow only a little sore considering it's an open wound, I've had more pain recovering from a tattoo. Contemplating an afternoon escape to KFC since today's menu is really not hitting the spot.... G.O.B. status - fairly cheerful actually.

Re women in dressing gowns, you're not near a hospital are you? Patients can be quite desperate to get some extra food...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:55:50 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30137 on: November 05, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »

I can safely say I'm a G.O.B at 49 and 364 days, lying in a hospital bed waiting for a birthday spent on drip-fed antibiotics Sad

Annoyingly there's nothing much wrong but since I've a habit of taking anaphylactic shocks to antibiotics the docs insist on hospitalisation for any piddling wee infected elbow.

Adding insult to injury a gorgeous nurse came in started taking my details, and I know her mum.... yep, Grumpy Old Bastard it is.

G.O.B. Update, was OK Saturday, lots of sympathy from the nurses at being in on my birthday. One had me laughing when she said if I'd been offered an all inclusive weekend with young ladies offering me class a drugs every hour I'd have been delighted.

Sunday the consultant decided I was developing an abscess, and he was operating that afternoon - so nil by mouth, meaning no Sunday Roast, the one meal I'd been looking forward to. Maximum G.O.B. was reached, think Tikay in a Modern Art Gallery.

Today up and feeling better, elbow only a little sore considering it's an open wound, I've had more pain recovering from a tattoo. Contemplating an afternoon escape to KFC since today's menu is really not hitting the spot.... G.O.B. status - fairly cheerful actually.

Glad to hear you're not suffering too much Rod, and things seem to be moving in the right direction

I love the idea of a GOB status update.

My current GOB status is - thrilled by the beauty of the day tempered by slight disappointment in myself for opening a packet of cup cakes and eating all six.

Bugger!

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #30138 on: November 05, 2018, 03:49:41 PM »

Glad to hear that you're feeling better Rod.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #30139 on: November 06, 2018, 12:03:17 AM »

Go on...

Lidl

Thank you.

Yes, Lidl. Now, my question is, what would cause these three women to be in a supermarked in their dressing gowns at 11:45am (Or at any time really)

Now I could understand it if it was just one woman, (perhaps she lived just around the corner and was getting ready for work and had run our of deodorant)

I could understand it If they were all from the same family, say Grandmother, Mother & daughter.

But these three were all the same age, perhaps like, 35 or so, with completely different looks so not sisters.

What possible scenario would see these three out together shopping in their night attire?

If they had rollers in their hair it would be Friday or Saturday Tom, preparation for the evening out you see. Std attire in Asda Aintree when I lived there. Other areas and supermarkets are probably available.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30140 on: November 06, 2018, 12:39:46 AM »

Glad to hear that you're feeling better Rod.

Thanks, very happy to be on the mend Cheesy

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30141 on: November 06, 2018, 02:09:29 PM »

I've been reading about Ernest Hemingway. What an interesting bloke he was.

Even more interesting than Hemingway was Snow White, a 'Thumb cat' given to him by a sea captain in the 1930''s.

Thumb cats, as the name suggests, are cats with thumbs, (Well not actually opposable thumbs a la us, but extra toes)

It's interesting that the cat came from a sailor because sailors were a superstitious lot and they thought ordinairy five-toed cats were lucky and that six-toed cats were extra lucky.

Why did the sea captain give the extra-lucky cat away? Well Hemingway was his mate and if you're going to give your mate something, give him something of value. Also, the sea captain owned Snow White's mother Snowball, who was a thumb-cat herself.

So the thumb thing is genetic. Cats have about 200,000 genes, (Coding genes that is, genes that tell body parts how to grow and what to do, they have about three billion other genes, but they're for something else)

So these 200,000 coding genes are basically switches that are either in the on or off position. In cats, the extra toe gene is mostly switched off, but just occasionally it gets switched on and boom! A thumb cat.

So why do cats carry the thumb gene if it's supposed to be switched off?

I don't know.

We carry genes for all sorts of useful and useless stuff. Blue eyes, great singing voices, cleft palette, big tits, dwarfism, super endurance, prostate cancer....

What's it all about?

I'm guessing it must be something to do with the ability to evolve.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30142 on: November 06, 2018, 02:24:12 PM »

Hemingway once stole a urinal from his favourite bar. He said that he had pissed enough money away into it so he should own it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30143 on: November 08, 2018, 11:27:35 PM »

Hello.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30144 on: November 08, 2018, 11:47:44 PM »

Yo

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30145 on: November 09, 2018, 12:02:19 AM »

What are you doing right now?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30146 on: November 09, 2018, 12:16:35 AM »

Wow! My hands are huge.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30147 on: November 09, 2018, 12:32:29 AM »

About 10 years ago a random bloke asked Mrs Red if he could land his helicopter in our field. "Of course you can" she replied, thinking he was an idiot.

The next day his helicopter landed, and he brought us a bottle of single malt as a thank you.

I've just opened it.

Perhaps that was a mistake.....

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30148 on: November 09, 2018, 01:02:37 AM »

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30149 on: November 09, 2018, 07:22:43 AM »

Well, that's the vagueness covered.

How's the aftermath?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 2006 2007 2008 2009 [2010] 2011 2012 2013 2014 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: