blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:39:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2056 2057 2058 2059 [2060] 2061 2062 2063 2064 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3605836 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30885 on: August 09, 2019, 04:31:08 PM »

These days you will often see wooden flower making demonstrations using a vice and a draw-knife.

Below is a short vid of flowers being made the traditional way, off the knee with a peg-knife. Not as easy as it looks.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30886 on: August 09, 2019, 04:40:49 PM »

Melanie Price shows us how to make and sell paper flowers.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #30887 on: August 09, 2019, 09:10:56 PM »

Interesting point on the first video

99% of people would hold the piece of wood stable
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30888 on: August 09, 2019, 09:42:08 PM »

Well spotted Trev. It's a small point but a crucial one. It's so east to ruin the whole thing if you're pushing the knife.

Did you notice anything interesting about the knife BTW?

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #30889 on: August 10, 2019, 07:14:45 AM »

Well spotted Trev. It's a small point but a crucial one. It's so east to ruin the whole thing if you're pushing the knife.

Yeah it looked like a scissor blade
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30890 on: August 10, 2019, 08:11:59 AM »

Yeah it looked like a scissor blade

Correct.

It's really difficult to find a knife with a blade that's hard enough to hold an edge, and if you do find one the handle isn't the right shape to hold against your knee.

Old cast scissors were ten a penny  made excellent, long lasting flower knives.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #30891 on: August 11, 2019, 10:51:36 AM »

Those tissue flowers made by Mrs Red are amazing!!!

+ 1 

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30892 on: August 12, 2019, 04:51:01 PM »

The dogs do this every day in sticky-bud season.
I don't have the heart to stop them.

Click to see full-size image.

Wow I thought my wee mutt was bad for them Cheesy She usually finishes the summer looking like she's had a haircut from a blind man, as they get so matted in that  patches need trimmed out.

As for rose-hips my Dad had us out picking them for Mum to make rose hip syrup, soon learned about the itching powder properties Cheesy

Didn't make peashooters like you though, there was an aluminium extrusion factory in town so everyone tried to nick suitable tubes Cheesy

Lol Rod, you're another brother from another mother.

How old is that little dog of yours now BTW? It must be at least 4 or 5.

Sorry Red, been away all weekend doing lefty activist stuff with Joe Solo & Richard Jobson of the Skids (excuse the name drop even if no-one else knows them).

Kerry's nearly 12 now, she's just moved house (along with Maw) and she's taken it all in her stride. She was bit overweight for a while, we were trying low fat food etc last year to no avail until sadly Dad passed away, next check-up she was bang on her target weight... Vet asked what had happened, was a bit gobsmacked to be told 'My Dad died'. I did explain he'd gone off his food, we were trying to fatten him up at the same time as slimming the dog, & he was passing the extra nutritious food to the dog as soon as anyone's head was turned Cheesy

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #30893 on: August 12, 2019, 05:49:15 PM »

Wow I thought my wee mutt was bad for them Cheesy She usually finishes the summer looking like she's had a haircut from a blind man, as they get so matted in that  patches need trimmed out.

As for rose-hips my Dad had us out picking them for Mum to make rose hip syrup, soon learned about the itching powder properties Cheesy

Didn't make peashooters like you though, there was an aluminium extrusion factory in town so everyone tried to nick suitable tubes Cheesy

Sorry Red, been away all weekend doing lefty activist stuff with Joe Solo & Richard Jobson of the Skids (excuse the name drop even if no-one else knows them).

Kerry's nearly 12 now, she's just moved house (along with Maw) and she's taken it all in her stride. She was bit overweight for a while, we were trying low fat food etc last year to no avail until sadly Dad passed away, next check-up she was bang on her target weight... Vet asked what had happened, was a bit gobsmacked to be told 'My Dad died'. I did explain he'd gone off his food, we were trying to fatten him up at the same time as slimming the dog, & he was passing the extra nutritious food to the dog as soon as anyone's head was turned Cheesy

That's a good name drop - couple of classics back in the day

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #30894 on: August 12, 2019, 09:15:49 PM »

It’s a small world, my uncle (John Baine aka Attila the Stockbroker) is mates with Joe Solo.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30895 on: August 13, 2019, 12:36:44 PM »

It’s a small world, my uncle (John Baine aka Attila the Stockbroker) is mates with Joe Solo.

I've heard of him. Joe's a lovely guy, travelled all the way to Glasgow for an anti-racism gig, when I tried to had him some expenses money he refused to take it - it was to go into the pot.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #30896 on: August 13, 2019, 07:08:57 PM »

I was one of the very few people who bought the "last" Skids album "Joy".   Think we may be waiting some time before it is judged as a classic.  Loved all their other stuff and they were probably my favourite band for a few months growing up.  Good to see them back performing, though dare say they don't include many from Joy in their set list.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30897 on: August 14, 2019, 11:03:12 AM »

I was one of the very few people who bought the "last" Skids album "Joy".   Think we may be waiting some time before it is judged as a classic.  Loved all their other stuff and they were probably my favourite band for a few months growing up.  Good to see them back performing, though dare say they don't include many from Joy in their set list.

Blood and Soil is on the new Peaceful Times acoustic album, has been played a time or 2 since the reformation. Burning Cities, last years album is really quite a return for the Skids (with Bruce Watson of Big Country & his son Jamie filling in for Stuart Adamson), well worth a listen. Jobbo was saying that they're due a break, they never thought they'd play live as much as they have been in the last 2 or 3 years.

Apologies to Red for the Punk diversion Cheesy

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30898 on: August 14, 2019, 11:08:47 AM »

I love diversions. In Victorian times to be diverted was to be entertained. "Agnes, are you not diverted?"

Also, all these posts make my diary seem popular.

I can't believe your little dog is 12 years old. If enjoy is the right word, I enjoyed the bitter-sweet story of his weight gain.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30899 on: August 14, 2019, 12:53:45 PM »

No bother Red, my Mum said my Dad would have found it hilarious, we're a family with that sort of humour.

She's still an active wee mutt, with a fantastic attitude and spirit, hopefully she'll enjoy a few more years. I'm thinking of a puppy for myself when I'm properly settled in the new place, I've never been the main trainer for one of the dogs, Dad always had the job. Needs to be small/obedient enough that Mum can give it a walk while I'm away. Doubt I'll buy one though, just wait for a suitable adoption to come up.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:02:04 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 2056 2057 2058 2059 [2060] 2061 2062 2063 2064 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: