blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2231 2232 2233 2234 [2235] 2236 2237 2238 2239 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610746 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33510 on: March 11, 2021, 10:21:46 PM »

This is becoming very confusing for our resident elder citizens.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33511 on: March 11, 2021, 10:32:09 PM »

Only one juror selected today.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33512 on: March 11, 2021, 10:33:35 PM »

So 6 now? Missed it today, as have been watching the golf.

PS - for clarity, in case Nirvana gets confused again, this is the Floyd Trial on Court TV.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33513 on: March 11, 2021, 10:47:10 PM »

PS - for clarity, in case Nirvana gets confused again, this is the Floyd Trial on Court TV.

Yes, and the golf is that one they play on the big green thing with the little white balls, not the little square green thing with the coloured balls.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33514 on: March 11, 2021, 10:57:07 PM »

Yes, and the golf is that one they play on the big green thing with the little white balls, not the little square green thing with the coloured balls.

balls of colour these days

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33515 on: March 12, 2021, 09:36:24 AM »

I haven't been following this but mentions of this case are everywhere I read.

Is there a reason why a case like this gets such huge coverage. I don't object as I think the level of violence from men to women, and the lack of convictions, is a massive blight on society. Many women are murdered by men every year and apart from an honourable nod to women's groups and some politicians (eg Jess Phillips) the story of this is largely ignored.

I wonder why some cases catch a wave and others are just statistics.

It pains me to admit I laid in bed last night thinking of nirvana - or more correctly his question - but I did.

And the answer to his question - I think - is that inside most of us there is a Miss Marple, a Colombo, a Poirot or whoever.

And what we like is plenty of unusual twists & turns to keep us guessing before the final reveal.

No desire at all to make light of this tragic death, but the truth is, many of us are intrigued by the unusual facts in this one.

Woman seen walking home but never arrives.

Search begins 60 miles away. Why 60 miles away, what did they know? Must have known something.

Block of flats cordoned off, tent erected in garden. Those police tents are always a vehicle for speculation. Dead body inside, or is it a little cafeteria for the coppers?

Bloke arrested, charged with Kidnap & murder. Kidnap & murder is so tragic, but let’s be honest, always makes an enthralling read.

It’s revealed that the bloke is a serving copper, & not a junior one either. Ooh.

“Human remains” found – note the terminology. 3 days later body still not able to be identified. Ugh.

Charge of kidnap dropped.

Charge of indecent exposure added. What? How does that fit the narrative? Crack out the popcorn.

Suspect found with head injuries in cell. How?

It becomes known that the indecent exposure incident was 3 days BEFORE the woman disappeared. Oh dear…. Send for the PCC.

A vigil for the deceased is planned but the police ban it under Lockdown rules.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33516 on: March 12, 2021, 09:46:31 AM »

I think we should assign a TV or Film detective to various blondes.

For starters, I'm definitely assigning Poirot to Ralph.

After both got thoroughly confused yesterday, who gets Inspector Clouseau - Tom, or Nirvana?

The big question though, who can we assign Argue to? Serpico maybe?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #33517 on: March 12, 2021, 09:53:24 AM »

Thats interesting Tony and about right im sure. I don't know the timeline but i seemed to go from not having heard of it to seeing it everywhere and i feel almost sure a lot of that coverage was pre some of the facts that have emerged to make it especially newsworthy/interesting.

Could just be that social media means that an (initially) missing person case like this can become huge really quickly compared with other cases in the past that became huge... a paper report, a few news bulletins on TV and then a few weeks later maybe a piece on crimestoppers.

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33518 on: March 12, 2021, 10:23:41 AM »

Thats interesting Tony and about right im sure. I don't know the timeline but i seemed to go from not having heard of it to seeing it everywhere and i feel almost sure a lot of that coverage was pre some of the facts that have emerged to make it especially newsworthy/interesting.

Could just be that social media means that an (initially) missing person case like this can become huge really quickly compared with other cases in the past that became huge... a paper report, a few news bulletins on TV and then a few weeks later maybe a piece on crimestoppers.

Think she had friends of friends who were famous, so got a few famous people retweeting when she went missing.  So she just got a bit of publicity others wouldn't.  People snatched off the streets and murdered are still pretty rare too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #33519 on: March 12, 2021, 10:25:01 AM »

I think you might be right about social media being able to more quickly amplify a story then was previously the case. EDIT: particularly as Doobs said her disappearance was publicised pretty quickly.

To add to that, the impression I get from twitter is that "they" are deliberately trying to amplify this method because it is the sort of thinig that women are scared of - all the time.

In this case - it wasn't domestic abuse, it wasn't somebody falling down drunk, it wasn't someone going home at 4am, it wasn't someone taking a 5am jog through an empty park or secluded woodlands - it was just someone walking home from a friends at 9pm through a normal London street.

That is my impression of why so many women are talking about this particular case, because it highlights that it could literally happen to any one of them.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33520 on: March 12, 2021, 10:29:46 AM »

It also helped that this was a pretty young woman going missing in London - the media is chock full of pretty young women who live in London, which immediately gives it a ‘that could have been me’ vibe.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33521 on: March 12, 2021, 10:55:56 AM »

And where does this woman in her 30s, who was arrested in Kent on suspicion of assisting an offender fit in?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33522 on: March 12, 2021, 10:59:07 AM »

And where does this woman in her 30s, who was arrested in Kent on suspicion of assisting an offender fit in?

She is the suspect's wife.  Feel sorry for their two kids, how do they begin to process the news.  It isn't like something that would be easy to keep from them, particularly as they took their mpther away too.  Their kids are close to the age of mine.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33523 on: March 12, 2021, 11:04:18 AM »

She is the suspect's wife
.  Feel sorry for their two kids, how do they begin to process the news.  It isn't like something that would be easy to keep from them, particularly as they took their mpther away too.  Their kids are close to the age of mine.

Ooh, see, I didn't know that.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33524 on: March 12, 2021, 11:10:22 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 2231 2232 2233 2234 [2235] 2236 2237 2238 2239 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: