blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:54:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2317 2318 2319 2320 [2321] 2322 2323 2324 2325 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3599460 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #34800 on: March 11, 2023, 11:27:52 AM »

Totally agree with you on that Tom and it grates when people casually use terms like Pikeys - it offends my sensibility and general disposition to treat people as I find them as individuals

What i was trying to clumsily articulate is that I can't think of any ethnic minority where a special and distinct site would be built to accommodate them and when you build a site like this then it's not a total surprise that some object - the alarmist language is abhorrent.

Again clumsy maybe but some of the the underlying concern is founded in people's life experiences rather than pure prejudice and when we don't accept people have genuine reasons to feel like they do we end up with situations like, well, Brexit

As I understand it the need for special and distinct sites is due to various issues that have impacted on the Gipsy community and their traditional ways. Having these sites is about ameliorating those changes?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34801 on: March 11, 2023, 12:06:21 PM »

Totally agree with you on that Tom and it grates when people casually use terms like Pikeys - it offends my sensibility and general disposition to treat people as I find them as individuals

What i was trying to clumsily articulate is that I can't think of any ethnic minority where a special and distinct site would be built to accommodate them and when you build a site like this then it's not a total surprise that some object - the alarmist language is abhorrent.

Again clumsy maybe but some of the the underlying concern is founded in people's life experiences rather than pure prejudice and when we don't accept people have genuine reasons to feel like they do we end up with situations like, well, Brexit

I totally agree. I'm not sure I would be thrilled to see a site dedicated to any specific group, (including Gypsies) built near me but if I were to object to one I know I would have to use reasonable language to do it.

It's the fact that people do not have to do that where Gypsies are concerned that bothers me.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34802 on: March 12, 2023, 07:10:28 PM »

I've come around to your way of thinking-ish about Cruft's btw.

I still enjoy watching the best-in-show finale but the  best-of-breeds really are a bit of a freak show.

And how many agility test heats and doggie relay-races is it humanly possible to enjoy although some of those dogs are my favourites.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34803 on: May 02, 2023, 02:10:24 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

This is the price list for the hospital car park.

I don't mind paying, it's just the underhanded way they extort you that annoys me.

You can't pay when you return, you have to pay when you arrive. Who the Hell knows how long they will be? No one, that's who, so everyone over estimates to be on the safe side.

Who the Hell has the right change for £1.70 or £2.90 etc? No one, that's who. So we all over pay in their "No change given" machines.

I paid for 3 hours, I was in for half an hour. I didn't have £3.40 so I paid £3.50. That's about £2.80 more than it needed to cost.

I did wait patiently for someone to give the unused portion of my ticket to before I left though.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 02:23:21 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34804 on: May 02, 2023, 03:33:02 PM »

Unfortunately Hospitals tend to not own their car parks and so have no control over pricing.

I blame Howard Plant.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34805 on: May 02, 2023, 04:29:02 PM »

Unfortunately Hospitals tend to not own their car parks and so have no control over pricing.

I blame Howard Plant.

You're right, I should have said "The car park at the hospital".

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34806 on: May 02, 2023, 05:33:10 PM »

I love history but know very little when it comes to king and queen stuff. I'm also not usually a big fan of Frankie Boyle, he's often a bit too acerbic for my taste, but "Frankie Boyle's  Farewell to the Monarchy is excellent.

You can watch it on catchup.

Well you can at least give it a try and then turn it off if you don't like it.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34807 on: May 02, 2023, 06:34:57 PM »

I love history but know very little when it comes to king and queen stuff. I'm also not usually a big fan of Frankie Boyle, he's often a bit too acerbic for my taste, but "Frankie Boyle's  Farewell to the Monarchy is excellent.

You can watch it on catchup.

Well you can at least give it a try and then turn it off if you don't like it.

Will you be saying your allegiance to the king out loud together with the rest of us serfs ?

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34808 on: May 03, 2023, 02:49:09 PM »

Of course.

As Kings go he's not too bad, he let's me have windows and a mustache tax free.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34809 on: May 08, 2023, 09:06:53 AM »

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34810 on: May 09, 2023, 10:28:53 AM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34811 on: May 12, 2023, 10:24:14 AM »

Ha! Excellent.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34812 on: June 15, 2023, 12:41:32 PM »

When I first bought mobile data in 2006 it cost me £5 per mb. I've just been offered 100gb, (100,000mb) for £12 per month.
Incredibly, that would have cost half a million pounds at 2006 prices.

BTW, it includes unlimited calls, texts and EU roaming.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34813 on: June 15, 2023, 02:59:35 PM »

I can't get my breath.

If he offends again, the parole board ought to be convicted alongside him, God knows they will be just as guilty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-65479515

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34814 on: June 16, 2023, 12:19:01 PM »

Talk about struggling for content. The BBC is filming one of it's radio programmes and using it as a TV programme. On BBC 2 none the less!

Dint get me wrong, I love radio in general and BBC radio in particular, but it's not what I turn my telly on for.

Pages: 1 ... 2317 2318 2319 2320 [2321] 2322 2323 2324 2325 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: