blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:33:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Day 2
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Day 2  (Read 62958 times)
bovie

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2009, 09:55:41 PM »

thats what the judge told me
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »

It's High Noon for Gary Cooper. He raised to 18k from the cutoff and James Sudworth min-reraised to 30k. Cooper pushed or another 60k or so Sudworth instantly called.

Sudworth:

Cooper:

Two Diamonds

A couple of the other players at the table murmur that it must be nice.

jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2009, 09:57:23 PM »

Andreas Hoivold raises to 16k. Bernard Litman calls.

two spades

Litman leads out for 15k.

"Have you got some of that?" asks Andreas.ave no idea," says Bernard.

Andreas calls.

Two Clubs

Bernard bets 30k, call. The pot is getting big.

Check from Bernard, Andreas bets a very small 35k. Bernard folds. Hoivold must be over 300k now.

Andreas is a great player. I think he could have a fantastic year

AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2009, 09:58:21 PM »

The key thing here, disragarding Iwan's involvement, is should verbal declarations be binding? Under the current Grosvenor rules they are. Of course, verbal statements may be ambigous, in which case, they are not binding, e.g 'It's lilkely I will call', 'I might call', etc. 'I will call' or words to that specific effect that are unambiguous are taken as declarations of intent, and are therefore ruled to be binding under the current set of rules. Rules are not set in stone, they can be changed and the Grosvenor rules committee does listen to opinions of players when considering contentious issues like this. Rest assured it will be discussed at our next meeting and before then we will investigate the verbal declaration rules of other organisations and take on board the comments of players.

Evening Jonathan,

I agree rules are rules, , but why did the TD not enforce/apply the rules instead of another player. The point I am making that in all poker games there is banter at tables, which does not require the player to make a play based on anything said.

Hi James,

It was the TD that made the ruling, not another player. The other player only called for the ruling.

There can still be banter at the tables as there are lots of ways to banter other than making false statements of intent. In this instance, it was not banter. Approaching the bubble in a £1,000 tournament is when things are getting serious.

I understood the TD made the decision. I just thougt if he was at the table why did another player ask for the ruling. I also appreciate these things are always harder to quantifiy if your not there.

Cheers

James

The TD was not standing over the table at the time, but was alerted to it when the floor was called for.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2009, 10:01:20 PM »

My veiw is, the three strongest t/d are Marty Wilson,barry monday,and jeff from the vic,and i dont think they would have ruled this way................. are you not allowed to tell lies these days ??

You are allowed to lie about the strength of you hand, but not when it comes to you betting intentions. In some places they even have a ridiculous rule that you can only lie about the strength of your hand and will penalised if you tell the truth.

Congrats on the award too btw.

Still no rule as weird as the underraising heads up at the vic imo...lol

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2009, 10:02:51 PM »

The key thing here, disragarding Iwan's involvement, is should verbal declarations be binding? Under the current Grosvenor rules they are. Of course, verbal statements may be ambigous, in which case, they are not binding, e.g 'It's lilkely I will call', 'I might call', etc. 'I will call' or words to that specific effect that are unambiguous are taken as declarations of intent, and are therefore ruled to be binding under the current set of rules. Rules are not set in stone, they can be changed and the Grosvenor rules committee does listen to opinions of players when considering contentious issues like this. Rest assured it will be discussed at our next meeting and before then we will investigate the verbal declaration rules of other organisations and take on board the comments of players.

Evening Jonathan,

I agree rules are rules, , but why did the TD not enforce/apply the rules instead of another player. The point I am making that in all poker games there is banter at tables, which does not require the player to make a play based on anything said.

Hi James,

It was the TD that made the ruling, not another player. The other player only called for the ruling.

There can still be banter at the tables as there are lots of ways to banter other than making false statements of intent. In this instance, it was not banter. Approaching the bubble in a £1,000 tournament is when things are getting serious.

I understood the TD made the decision. I just thougt if he was at the table why did another player ask for the ruling. I also appreciate these things are always harder to quantifiy if your not there.

Cheers

James

The TD was not standing over the table at the time, but was alerted to it when the floor was called for.

OK

jimmydavies501
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2009, 10:06:07 PM »

I've only played with Iwan a couple of times but he's struck me as being about as straight a guy you'd ever wish to meet. That's probably what this ultimately boils down to imo

Maybe you should get to know him better before suggesting he is as straight a guy as we would like to meet. I disagree with you.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2009, 10:07:06 PM »

I was about to write a post about how Matt Perrins does not seem to raise preflop but is constantly 3-betting Ramsey Ajram, Andreas Hoivold and Mo Muse with good success. Then suddenly he makes the first raise in a while and Kjetil Naess moves in and quickly gets called.

Naess:

Perrins:

Perrins is now on about 250k.

I'm waiting for Lee and Perrins to get on the same table. Smiley

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2009, 10:09:46 PM »

Alan Trueick is out in 14th place.

He was very short and pushed in the small blind with 7-3, but Bernard Litman woke up with A-J in the big blind.

Michigan Jeff

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2009, 10:16:38 PM »

Can you please wish Mo "Billy" Muse good luck from sunny but cold Florida?

thanks

Jeff Buffenbarger

PS:  Can you ask him who is looking after his dog tonite? 
bovie

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2009, 10:20:14 PM »

JEFF B-  hope your well
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2009, 10:20:18 PM »

Bad news, Mo Muse fans.

Mo Muse raises from the cutoff and Matt Perrins reraises from the button committing Muse. Muse goes for it and Perrins calls the remaining change.

Muse:

Perrins:

three diamonds ...(Mo grimaces at this card)...

He's out in 13th place winning £2,350.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2009, 10:20:49 PM »

Can you please wish Mo "Billy" Muse good luck from sunny but cold Florida?

thanks

Jeff Buffenbarger

PS:  Can you ask him who is looking after his dog tonite? 

Trans-atlantic Bokking!!!

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2009, 10:21:05 PM »

I've only played with Iwan a couple of times but he's struck me as being about as straight a guy you'd ever wish to meet. That's probably what this ultimately boils down to imo

Maybe you should get to know him better before suggesting he is as straight a guy as we would like to meet. I disagree with you.

Yikes, only venturing an opinion...

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 17, 2009, 10:23:32 PM »

Stacks in trouble as we get to the 4k/8k level.

Michael Greco -- 35k
Ramsey Ajram -- 90k
Richard Lewindon -- 100k

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: