blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:54:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 - Day 1
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 - Day 1  (Read 23154 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »

So welcome to the Easter edition of the DTD Monthly where the only thing anyone wants to win is eggs-actly first prize. We might be clashing with the Irish Open and festivals down south but fear not as today sees the long awaited return of Junglecat to the blonde updates. Somehow we managed to tear him away from the $10 rebuys he keeps smashing up on iPoker to make the long journey 'oop norf'.

So tonight the tournament starts at 7pm and since I have written this introduction on the train down here I have no idea of runners but I'll edit this bit here later to make it seem as though I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm running a book on how long it'll take me to pass out, if anyone wants to do odds for that then let me know...

In the meantime, until we start. Please enjoy this very funky video.

Madone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »

congrats on your result last night floppy....regular updates for Jon OMara please...now get to work!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 07:07:53 PM »

Junglecat here! Temporary connection issues mean I've hijacked Chris' computer temporarily.

With the roar of thousands of clinking pints of guiness and lusty bellows of laughter echoing distantly in nthe background as the Irish Open goes into full swing, some may be asking "Why Dusk Till Dawn?"

Well let me tell you!

Firstly the slightly more affordable buyin may suit the more modest budget of many poker players.

The player over in Dublin may be having a great time, but come the final reckoning, the vast majority will find themselves nursing hefty hangovers, scratching around to come up with the funds for a packet of Nurofen as the ugly, granite face of fiscal reality (picture Gordon Brown's menacing visage if Tony had turned round and said "Actually Gordion, I think I'll go for another term!") stares them unerringly in the eye.

Bankroll Management FTW!

Second, DTD's excellent Nottingham location, nestled attractively within reach of both the northern and southern extremities of the country, make its catchment area large and travel arrangements convenient.

Who wants to sit munching on a stale packet of Ryan Air peanuts when alternatively, within moments of arrival here, you can be presented with the world famous Dusk Till Dawn burger, which I rank as one of the best burgers ever created.

It has a steak in it FFS! SHHIIIIIIIPPPPPPP!

There's another great reason for the players to be here today, which I will reveal once I get my laptop working.

Meanwhile, there's already some excited shouts coming from the tournament. Sounds like the carnage has begun!

Floppy has the details....

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 07:17:43 PM »

Disaster early on for Con Cronin, he held on an board against James Morris' but Sunil Mistry had also come into the hand, holding the nutrageous and the board didn't pair off coming with a turn and river.

Mistry is on almost 30k already and using my incredibly deductive powers, I would surmise that he could well be our early chip leader.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 07:21:25 PM »

Rod is still having some logging on problems, but some of the other blondes playing are:

Chili, Red Dog and Stuart Hopkin, all sharing a table.

Jim 'Bookiebasher' Moult sharing a table with Chunkymick.

Chris Bruce.

James 'AgentChip109' Edgington sitting next to WSOPE finalist James Keys.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 07:40:09 PM »

Wandering around the poker room, I bumped into Paul King who hasn't been on the circuit for a couple of months as Alan Vinnicombe took down a decent pot with A-T vs A-7 on a 2-3-8-A-A board, the size slightly hampered due to both player's cautiousness over the 3 diamonds which had come on the flop.

Other players spotted include UpTheMariners aka Daniel Rudd, Nick Hicks in his standard headphones/deep concentration look and Matt 'EvilPie'.

Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 07:42:23 PM »

Good luck to my kid brother ( Gavin Colclough ) also Pitchy and Taxi ( Paul Putchford and Scott Marsh ) Smiley

Thanks in advance for the updates folks

amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 07:43:40 PM »

gl gl gl to all Blondes

vwd Floppy too Smiley

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 07:44:10 PM »

As Rod struggles on manfully with his laptop unable to connect to the internet, Barry Neville bellows from the middle tier, "Floppeh, get over 'ere."

I oblige to a medium sized pot with a couple of thousand in between Marcus Bebb-Jones and another player. The board reads two spades and the other player bets a small 500 on the river and Marcus just calls. The other player turns and Marcus flips for the winning hand.

" 'ow can you just call there on t' river?" asks Barry, "fookin' 'ell, I be raisin' there every time!"

As I scribble this all down, Barry says, "By the way Floppeh, can you send that Junglecat guy to me in a bit, I want 'im to 'elp write me memoirs..."

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 07:47:44 PM »

best of luck to james keys, keep us updated on him please!!!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 07:49:35 PM »

Red Dog trying desperately not to sneeze as Maria looks on. (Also note Stuart Hopkin clearly toking on some reefer there...)

Sam Trickett didn't make it to the Irish Open and is here instead, "I just had pocket 4's on a K-T-8 board and I'm trying to look at my cards but I'm actually unable to pick them off the felt, I managed to flick them up so the whole table sees and of course afterwards the turn is a 4..."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »

JC again :

The allure of the Irish Open hasn't culled all the big names from the roster of players today.

Looking round the room there are plenty of characters lurking in the heavy throng of players, ensuring we are bound to see some interesting action as the tournament progresses.

Will Fry, this season's EPT Budapest winner, is looking fresh as a daisy, appearing relaxed as he casually browsed a magazine at his table. He told us moments ago that he had had a pretty bad patch online, losing $35k in a relatively short space of time, only to win it all back again.

"It's hard to go out and have fun with your mates when you've just lost $5k online!" he told us.

Things have picked up for Will though and he seems confident of a good finish here...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 08:01:13 PM »

JC:

Also in attendance is The Legend - a man whose exploits throughout UK poker history have earned him a capitalized nickname - Micky Wernick.

Should Mickey succumb today in painful fashion to a bad beat, he will no doubt be disappointed he won't receive the sympathetic shoulder of the man they call "Flushy" who consoled him so effectively the last time these two shared the felt.

Click to see full-size image.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »

Speaking of James Keys he's just taken down a decent pot with a 1.4k bet on the river of a board.

Pete Linton is out, putting his stack in with Tens vs on a board. Another four on the turn but the ace on the river killed him.

Daniel Rudd (UpTheMariners) has secured an early double up with the help of a set-over-set encounter.

Also spotted, Johnny Hewston, Tracey Dell, Greek Jack, Des Jonas.

Paul King looks to be out.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 08:26:43 PM »

Haha, we have beaten the system!

Well not really but at least we've sidestepped round the connection issues, courtesy of Chris' vodaphone card.

I'm a tad behind so excuse me not bringing you directly into the action but I just wanted to finish off what I was saying earlier.

A big reason why people might have bowled along to DTD tonight is to pay tribute to the man, the myth, Chris Hall.

Mainly renowned for sporting hoodies whose pattern looks much like what I would expect to see if someone ate one of Noah Boeken's garish hoodies and then vomited it out, his reputation has just experienced a quantum leap forward.

I watched on last night as Chris threatened to take down the $500 SCOOP OMaha Hi/Lo event. It was a rollercoaster ride and ultimately Chris fell just short of the title, but still managed a highly impressive third place for $33,000 or so.

Hearty congratulations to my updating colleague. I have seen him play Omaha hi/lo for some time now and his achievement is made even more impressive as my observations led me to believe that he is largely clueless about the game.

His win serves as a sobering reminder that over the short-term, poker is mostly a luck-based game where lack of skill is no obstacle to winning large quantities of cash!

Well done to Chris, the new Moneymaker imo!

(Only joking congrats mate - I'm just jealous Wink )

Back to the action!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: