blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:12:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499743 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2175 on: May 27, 2015, 10:14:18 PM »

I'm against Omms gooch in the next and am on Sing Song Man at 10/1...

Really happy with Gooch there, will only get better. def one to watch.

Did very well to qualify there when it hasn't led.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: May 27, 2015, 10:17:11 PM »

Really? Yes it's done well to eventually qualify but after breaking like that it gets beat for early and led by Lenson Premier? That dog would have been my last selection to lead the race. It's through but needs to show alot more than that to the corner to go further than that for me.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: May 27, 2015, 10:22:59 PM »

Really? Yes it's done well to eventually qualify but after breaking like that it gets beat for early and led by Lenson Premier? That dog would have been my last selection to lead the race. It's through but needs to show alot more than that to the corner to go further than that for me.

Fair point, however the dog is better than that run, doesnt need to win a race until the final, of course i want him to be showing something but after leading and getting headed like that it was a strong performance to stay on and not get swallowed up, watch it again and u can see from the 3rd or 4th bend he sort of kicks on a bit. come on matty u know these sort of dogs can just quietly qualify and bang trouble in the final, dogs improved through the rounds and makes the most of it. Dont need to be a superstar this early . Salad dodger say no more!!!
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: May 27, 2015, 10:26:35 PM »

Fair point, however the dog is better than that run, doesnt need to win a race until the final, of course i want him to be showing something but after leading and getting headed like that it was a strong performance to stay on and not get swallowed up, watch it again and u can see from the 3rd or 4th bend he sort of kicks on a bit. come on matty u know these sort of dogs can just quietly qualify and bang trouble in the final, dogs improved through the rounds and makes the most of it. Dont need to be a superstar this early . Salad dodger say no more!!!

I know dogs don't need to be superstars this early etc etc. I just don't see what you do in this dog. I wish I did because I was one of Bert's big fan but I just think this pup has been overhyped by the public due to the love of Bert.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: May 27, 2015, 10:29:49 PM »

That being said I couldn't be further away tonight (apart from Jaytee Jet @ 2/1 NAP which I mentioned last night). But it's not been an ideal start to the Derby for me.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: May 27, 2015, 10:30:41 PM »

Neymar impressed me there and could have a fair bit more in the locker.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: May 27, 2015, 10:36:42 PM »

I know dogs don't need to be superstars this early etc etc. I just don't see what you do in this dog. I wish I did because I was one of Bert's big fan but I just think this pup has been overhyped by the public due to the love of Bert.

Im gonna presume u have seen all his races? Some of his performances at Henlow have been superb, if and it could be a big if, he can replicate those on another track there is no reason for him not to compete at the highest level. When he won the Christmas cracker it was a sensational run and even better watching it live and being 1 meter from the finish line. Dogs is all about opinions and im happy with my view on Gooch but great to have the discussion. unlucky tonight, great night for me with 3 winning and 1 second so all of tonight's ante posts qualifying. cant wait for tmrw.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: May 27, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »

Im gonna presume u have seen all his races? Some of his performances at Henlow have been superb, if and it could be a big if, he can replicate those on another track there is no reason for him not to compete at the highest level. When he won the Christmas cracker it was a sensational run and even better watching it live and being 1 meter from the finish line. Dogs is all about opinions and im happy with my view on Gooch but great to have the discussion. unlucky tonight, great night for me with 3 winning and 1 second so all of tonight's ante posts qualifying. cant wait for tmrw.

I've seen a fair bit, not all however we all fall in love with different greyhounds that some people think why on earth! Henlow is a very unique track and you don't find the top dogs going there nowadays sadly.

Antepost wise i've not had a bad night it's more the bets/lays for the evening!! Had Diego Flight antepost in the last there, needs to be reseeded middle judged on that run!
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: May 28, 2015, 06:54:59 PM »

Anyone playing tonight or we all given up after Day 1 Cheesy
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: May 28, 2015, 06:57:58 PM »

Looking forward to seeing how Riverside Pat runs after his impressive win last week.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: May 28, 2015, 07:04:12 PM »

Neymar impressed me there and could have a fair bit more in the locker.

At midnight last night the firms all repriced and somehow BetVictor guessed at 125/1.... Everyone else was 66 and 50s....

Friend had two accounts he could try and get on for me - asked for a pony e/w on both... Got given £4ew on one and £1ew on the other lol!

Still, decent price after the first round performance and definitely a dog that has more to come given the chance.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: May 28, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »

Looking forward to seeing how Riverside Pat runs after his impressive win last week.

Yes i'm looking forward to that heat too..

My yankee tonight :

Lenson Tiggy
Baile Mhic
Blackrose Rebel
Aero Ballistic

Lay away!!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: May 28, 2015, 07:10:17 PM »

That's one of the many heats that I'm looking forward to as well.

Isn't it wonderful to be able to watch every heat in your living room.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: May 28, 2015, 07:16:45 PM »

My yankee tonight :

Lenson Tiggy
Baile Mhic
Blackrose Rebel
Aero Ballistic

Lay away!!

Let's hope tonight the fav backers are going to give most of their dough back from last night!  I had the worst two hours in memory last night between 8-10pm across both TV cards. Three dogs that would have been 50/1 + in running at some stage all getting up to win somehow.

Like Ralph says it is great to watch every heat at home.  Wimbledon as a track just looks a bigger pisshole year after year.  The running surface is the main thing and that looks as good as ever.  I wonder what people who have never been dog racing think when they turn up to the biggest event of the year and are met by the most out of date facilities in any sports number one event in the uk.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: May 28, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »

My yankee tonight :

Lenson Tiggy
Baile Mhic
Blackrose Rebel
Aero Ballistic

Lay away!!

Let's hope tonight the fav backers are going to give most of their dough back from last night!  I had the worst two hours in memory last night between 8-10pm across both TV cards. Three dogs that would have been 50/1 + in running at some stage all getting up to win somehow.

Like Ralph says it is great to watch every heat at home.  Wimbledon as a track just looks a bigger pisshole year after year.  The running surface is the main thing and that looks as good as ever.  I wonder what people who have never been dog racing think when they turn up to the biggest event of the year and are met by the most out of date facilities in any sports number one event in the uk.

It is great to watch all at home but I don't care - nothing beats going there to watch it. It's the dogs that make it for me, and the atmosphere. I am lucky enough to be best man for a stag do and when the stag told me that 27th June was the date for the do, I almost shed a tear. I've managed to persuade everyone that Wimbledon dogs on the stag is the place to be... Derby final here we come lol!!! Wouldn't miss it for the world regardless of where it is!
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: