blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:40:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 493654 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: February 07, 2018, 12:24:28 PM »

Arbboy put this one on TfT a few months ago, and then added Roxholme Nidge.

I'm not a Dogs bettor, so really can't add more than this.

GL Bruisers & Nidge!

Nidge out of this year's derby with injury.  Trainer stated only 50/50 whether the dog races again.  Part owned by Martin Green i think. 

Disgusting that most bookies still have it in the betting.

Incredible that Sun bets cut it to 16/1 yesterday and it was blue on oddschecker all day!  Clueless.  Incredible if they have laid a bet on it and moved off some money
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: February 09, 2018, 03:17:49 PM »

On the subject of Derby Dogs, I have one that might be worth a little Dabble.

We own Forest Mike, under the banner Exodus Racing Club, I'm a part owner of the club and the Dog in question.

Mike is trained by Kevin Hutton, and is just 2 years of age. Took his time coming together last year, and finished the year very well. Ran in the Puppy Derby, and destroyed the opposition in the first 2 heats. Quarter Final nigh fell on Fireworks Night, and to cut a long story short they set him off, missed the break and only just missed out on the semis.

Hes had a quiet start to the year, but did scorch in a cracking trial at Towcester 2 weeks ago, the 16th fastest over the 480m Trip on record, on slow going. Has course and Distance form, and seems to like the the track. Due to run an A1 there tomorrow night, then going over to Romford for a little open competition. He will then be going for the Gold Cup in March, followed by the Derby all being well. Plenty of 100/1 vouchers in my pockets, and there is still some 100/1 about. Hes at the forefront of the Derby plans for Kevins team and with a little luck will be going there with every chance.

Good luck if having a play.

Freddie
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: February 09, 2018, 03:28:39 PM »

We own Forest Mike, under the banner Exodus Racing Club, I'm a part owner of the club and the Dog in question.

Mike is trained by Kevin Hutton, and is just 2 years of age. Took his time coming together last year, and finished the year very well. Ran in the Puppy Derby, and destroyed the opposition in the first 2 heats. Quarter Final nigh fell on Fireworks Night, and to cut a long story short they set him off, missed the break and only just missed out on the semis.

Hes had a quiet start to the year, but did scorch in a cracking trial at Towcester 2 weeks ago, the 16th fastest over the 480m Trip on record, on slow going. Has course and Distance form, and seems to like the the track. Due to run an A1 there tomorrow night, then going over to Romford for a little open competition. He will then be going for the Gold Cup in March, followed by the Derby all being well. Plenty of 100/1 vouchers in my pockets, and there is still some 100/1 about. Hes at the forefront of the Derby plans for Kevins team and with a little luck will be going there with every chance.

Freddie

Is Wildcat fully wound up for Kevin for this year's Derby do you know at KH's kennel after gagging up in the plate on derby night last year?
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: February 09, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »

It Did win very well, but i dont know the plans for Wildcat. but I think there are doubts there though, will ask Luke but dont think he will give much away.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: February 09, 2018, 04:53:15 PM »

Freddie

Thanks Acton.
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: February 10, 2018, 04:30:16 PM »

Mike runs tonight in top grade action at Towcester 845pm. Lovely draw in one and 7/2 is a great price for us. Usual good start and he will Be very hard to beat.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: February 10, 2018, 09:17:03 PM »

Mike runs tonight in top grade action at Towcester 845pm. Lovely draw in one and 7/2 is a great price for us. Usual good start and he will Be very hard to beat.

There must have been the most almighty pile-up at the first bend as the winner's time was bettered by the first five home in the A7 run immediately beforehand.

Could only find info from here: http://www.gbgb.org.uk/resultsMeeting.aspx?id=156327

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: February 11, 2018, 11:45:58 AM »

Was absolutely awful. 1234 all ended
On the deck. Mike broke ok and was leading up on the inside, but the four dog pushed in at the bend and absolute carnage. Awaiting a bet report this morning but our boy came off the worst of the lot. Was very painful to watch it back. Fingers crossed it’s only a muscle injury and he’s back soon:
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: February 25, 2018, 06:57:14 AM »

Let's see if we can get the Derby winner this year.

First up for me is Bruisers Bullet @ 33/1, still available with a couple. Just won the Coral Olympic, Mark Wallis has said that the Derby is his target so only injury will keep him from it. Towcester is his home track. Solid, improving dog. Nice one to get the book started.

Will pop back over the months as I place more bets.

If you are interested in dog racing then WH have a site which will show quite a lot of it.

http://www.bettingshop.tv/shop/

Goodluck Bruisers.

Im adding last years winner Astute Missle at 100/1 coming back from injury but had a few nice trails. Have taken 25/1 on Bruisers after another sub 28 sec trail at Towcester.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: March 01, 2018, 09:09:16 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=UXrDDBNIZyQ

Check this out from 1983 when dog racing was on ITV world of sport (Saturday afternoon general TV show including UK Wrestling/racing/football results for the kids out there under 35 who haven't got a clue what i am talking about).  Graham Goode on the comms as well!

Been discussion about whether ITV4 would take up the rights to the Greyhound Derby this year as Sky are not interested given they are involved in horse racing now.

The most incredible thing for me was the show of betting 20 seconds into the clip.  105% on a dog race! Not early prices either from numerous firms.  Actual show prices from the track a minute before the race. Truely incredible scenes.  You would do well to see a % lower than 120% on a major dog race nowadays at the track minutes before the off.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:22:18 AM by arbboy » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: March 01, 2018, 11:13:32 AM »

Check this out from 1983 when dog racing was on ITV world of sport (Saturday afternoon general TV show including UK Wrestling/racing/football results for the kids out there under 35 who haven't got a clue what i am talking about).  Graham Goode on the comms as well!

Been discussion about whether ITV4 would take up the rights to the Greyhound Derby this year as Sky are not interested given they are involved in horse racing now.

The most incredible thing for me was the show of betting 20 seconds into the clip.  105% on a dog race! Not early prices either from numerous firms.  Actual show prices from the track a minute before the race. Truely incredible scenes.  You would do well to see a % lower than 120% on a major dog race nowadays at the track minutes before the off.

Enjoyed that, I was four in 1983,  can honestly not remember seeing a track with part grass, was this common years ago?

https://towcester-racecourse.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/4-7c163cf74ab21c62cf6683e804445843/2018/02/Trial-Results24Feb18101615.pdf

Some nice trails listed above.

Just been reading abit about welfare for the dogs at Towcester, seems that they have gone all out to make sure the dogs are taken care of, no surprise with people like Mick Livesly heading it up. Saw on YouTube the other day that they have committed to rehoming 100% of the dogs when they have finished racing. Really seems like the model they have is the future of Greyhound racing, by the same token it’s a shame to see a lot of other tracks going in the opposite direction, the new racing schedule for the bookies has a lot of dog fans up in arms (maybe just on Twitter). Saw a tweet recently that showed how many runs dogs were having at Henlow with quite a few gettin* on for 7 or 8 times a month. Just cannot be any good for the dogs.

What’s you thoughts on this Arb? Has it affected what you do at all?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: March 01, 2018, 11:24:16 AM »

The most incredible thing for me was the show of betting 20 seconds into the clip.  105% on a dog race! Not early prices either from numerous firms.  Actual show prices from the track a minute before the race. Truely incredible scenes.  You would do well to see a % lower than 120% on a major dog race nowadays at the track minutes before the off.

Enjoyed that, I was four in 1983,  can honestly not remember seeing a track with part grass, was this common years ago?

https://towcester-racecourse.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/4-7c163cf74ab21c62cf6683e804445843/2018/02/Trial-Results24Feb18101615.pdf

Some nice trails listed above.

Just been reading abit about welfare for the dogs at Towcester, seems that they have gone all out to make sure the dogs are taken care of, no surprise with people like Mick Livesly heading it up. Saw on YouTube the other day that they have committed to rehoming 100% of the dogs when they have finished racing. Really seems like the model they have is the future of Greyhound racing, by the same token it’s a shame to see a lot of other tracks going in the opposite direction, the new racing schedule for the bookies has a lot of dog fans up in arms (maybe just on Twitter). Saw a tweet recently that showed how many runs dogs were having at Henlow with quite a few gettin* on for 7 or 8 times a month. Just cannot be any good for the dogs.

What’s you thoughts on this Arb? Has it affected what you do at all?

Grass was pretty common back then with only 3 meetings a week and 8 races per meeting generally it was a lot easier to maintain.  Would be impossible with the sheer volume of meetings tracks pump out today.  My only memory of a grass track was Hove when i first started punting in the mid 90s.  They scrapped it pretty soon after that i think.  Pretty sure they only had a grass straight as well not all the way around.

With regards to the new schedule i pretty much had two months off since xmas to let it all settle down.  My usual routine day to day of tracks i followed obviously changed every day as more tracks were running each day.  4 meetings in the morning is carnage but they know the roulette machines are about to go in the shops effectively so i assume this had something to do with it as well as the media rights battle.

Thankfully most of the tracks i focused on don't run in the morning.  They seem to have given most of the morning meetings to the mickey mouse tracks as i call them (Henlow/Harlow/Kinsley/Swindon/Cpark/Yarmouth/Posh).  Having had a good look at the schedule now the afternoon slot from 2-6pm with 3 meetings each day seems to focus generally around the decent lolbrokes/coral owned tracks of Romf/Cray/Hove/Monmore and the two ex hills tracks of Newc/Sund.  These were the tracks i tended to focus on before so it actually means less hours now to do a similar amount of meetings.

I pretty much just do the 2-6pm shift now each day and go to the gym in the morning now!

The RPGTV schedule changes are annoying as Romford Friday nights isn't the same now volume wise on betfair.  Saturday nights of Newcastle/Crayford is a big miss as well as most of the heats /semis of these two tracks major finals used to be on this show on Saturday night.  Even the bog standard graded stuff at both was good quality and the volumes good.  The best night on RPGTV now is probably Monday and Tues with the opens from Nottingham and Sheffield that used to just be standard BAGS meetings are now on the TV as well.

Can't see how this schedule can last long term and the tv rights media war between BAGS and SIS has to end soon because it doesn't make financial sense but its a case of who breaks first i think.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:41:02 AM by arbboy » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: March 01, 2018, 11:31:06 AM »

Just booked my tickets for the final on June 2nd. Good offer online at moment. £20 per Adult instead of £25 and kids go free but you also get admission to the semi final for free as well. Certainly worth booking now if anyone is thinking of going.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: March 01, 2018, 11:35:43 AM »

Just booked my tickets for the final on June 2nd. Good offer online at moment. £20 per Adult instead of £25 and kids go free but you also get admission to the semi final for free as well. Certainly worth booking now if anyone is thinking of going.

Yes cracking offer.  I went every round last year after the first round and it was free to get in apart from the final which was £20 which given the show they put on was cracking value compared to what you would get horse racing wise for £20.  The early bird value is great.  When does that offer expire?  Could make it a TFT social event if we planned it.  Good central location for everyone.  I run into Camel there last year at the semi finals randomly as he was on his way home from Ascot and stopped off.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:51:06 AM by arbboy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: March 01, 2018, 11:38:36 AM »

Enjoyed that, I was four in 1983,  can honestly not remember seeing a track with part grass, was this common years ago?

There used to be a lot of grass tracks, but they were terrible for toe injuries to the dogs & there was a big outcry about it so they were all dug up & replaced by sand eventually.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: