blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:16:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Trip Report...(Long)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Trip Report...(Long)  (Read 35954 times)
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2009, 02:36:49 PM »

I briefly tried to say a quick hi to Karl, mentioning the DTD overlay thread he made but either I got blanked or Karl didn't hear. I'm 99% sure it's the latter though. I couldn't be arsed to say it again as Karl doesn't exactly look like the happiest man ever at the table.

Nah, it was the 1%....

I wish I had have heard though as I would have loved to have chatted about my favourite part of the weekend. The part where Mr Trumper asked us to give DTD a round of applause. "Players, just to let you know the tournament you've just paid £1k to enter doesn't have any overlay...give DTD a round of applause!" Either people didn't really know what they were clapping for or the marketing machine is well oiled in there.

Can't make any apologies for being overly serious at the table, but am not such a bad guy off it and would happily buy anyone a drink at the bar afterwards

Sorry fella, but all of us regulars are happy there wasn't an overlay. We actually want the club to be around in 5 years..............

This is true, but thats really funny what Karl's said cos I really think I was clapping without actually thinking about why I'm clapping! A true blonde..
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2009, 02:42:17 PM »

Sure didnt spend long in the bar on the Friday? What are you talking about?

We spent ages in the bar on saturday mate, not friday.

Meanwhile you prob spent ages there both nights, what with your early exits lol!

So are you suggesting that I wasnt chatting to you in the bar at 4am saturday morning (ie friday night),

FML - been calling the wrong bloke Cos all this time! 

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2009, 02:43:46 PM »

I wish I had have heard though as I would have loved to have chatted about my favourite part of the weekend. The part where Mr Trumper asked us to give DTD a round of applause. "Players, just to let you know the tournament you've just paid £1k to enter doesn't have any overlay...give DTD a round of applause!" Either people didn't really know what they were clapping for or the marketing machine is well oiled in there.

Barry Neville said 'What are we clapping for? Is it for the building? Are we clapping the walls and the roof?'
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »

I briefly tried to say a quick hi to Karl, mentioning the DTD overlay thread he made but either I got blanked or Karl didn't hear. I'm 99% sure it's the latter though. I couldn't be arsed to say it again as Karl doesn't exactly look like the happiest man ever at the table.

Nah, it was the 1%....

Can't make any apologies for being overly serious at the table, but am not such a bad guy off it and would happily buy anyone a drink at the bar afterwards

Sorry fella, but all of us regulars are happy there wasn't an overlay. We actually want the club to be around in 5 years..............

OK....but if all the overlay is still there but spent in the sats to get extra people in, rather than just in the tournament itself, does this actually make any difference to the chances of the club being there or not in 5 years?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2009, 02:59:58 PM »

Nah, it was the 1%....

I didn't know if you had just had a bad beat or something or maybe you were just concentrating on owning my soul as you did with the 55 hand.

Well next time I'll say hi properly and get the first drink.

Meanwhile my favourite Trumper announcement, was the Ali Mallu rubdown. I can't remember exactly what Simon said though.

Also, I'd normally be more than happy about a Grosvenor/Gala type establishment getting hit with an overlay to fork out for but I clapped genuinely for DTD and was pleased they made the overlay. It's the only place in England I genuinely enjoy going and playing live in so regularly. Having also met Rob Yong this weekend, I'm glad that such a nice bloke with such good intentions for poker doesn't have to reach for his chequebook over this.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »

It turns out I did stay rather late on saturday night, thinking it was sunday.

I'll explain and recap when I post up part 4.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2009, 03:07:31 PM »

Nah, it was the 1%....

OK....but if all the overlay is still there but spent in the sats to get extra people in, rather than just in the tournament itself, does this actually make any difference to the chances of the club being there or not in 5 years?

Yes but having an overlay in the sats AND the event itself might make a difference, especially if its as large as the last big event. As it turns out the reg fees/cash probably covered most of the overlay in the sats but that's not really the point.

Sorry but I can't help but get a bit annoyed when a guy is trying to do the best for poker, and has already spent a small fortune doing that for all of us trying to achieve that. You then get people hoping/wishing/wanting for him to do his bollocks a little bit more so there is a bit more value in the short term.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:12:21 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »

Also, I'd normally be more than happy about a Grosvenor/Gala type establishment getting hit with an overlay to fork out for but I clapped genuinely for DTD and was pleased they made the overlay.

They didn't though, that just spread it around in the sats. Anyway, no big deal was just saying I found it funny at the time. Was a great tournament still, not doubting that

It's the only place in England I genuinely enjoy going and playing live in so regularly. Having also met Rob Yong this weekend, I'm glad that such a nice bloke with such good intentions for poker doesn't have to reach for his chequebook over this.

Ok I'm gone from this thread.....

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2009, 03:14:15 PM »

Sorry but I can't help but get a bit annoyed when a guy is trying to do the best for poker, and has already spent a small fortune doing that for all of us trying to achieve that. You them get people hoping/wishing/wanting for him to do his bollocks a little bit more so there is a bit more value in the short term.

No problem, sorry to have annoyed you. I'm not going to post any more about this. DTD seems a nice place to play even though I don't go there often. Things I have learnt from people close to me mean I too get a little worked up when conversations start going down this route and so time for me to step away...

Back on track, good trip report so far Cos

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2009, 03:16:52 PM »

Sorry but I can't help but get a bit annoyed when a guy is trying to do the best for poker, and has already spent a small fortune doing that for all of us trying to achieve that. You them get people hoping/wishing/wanting for him to do his bollocks a little bit more so there is a bit more value in the short term.

No problem, sorry to have annoyed you. I'm not going to post any more about this. DTD seems a nice place to play even though I don't go there often. Things I have learnt from people close to me mean I too get a little worked up when conversations start going down this route and so time for me to step away...

Back on track, good trip report so far Cos

No probs mate, I'm just talking generally, not specifically about you. As we know there are a lot of skinflints in poker who are always looking for something for nothing............

Carry on Cos sorry for the thread fk.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:19:03 PM by Woodsey » Logged
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2009, 03:36:25 PM »

Friday night you kebabadopolous

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2009, 03:38:08 PM »

sgdhsdghs

@GreekStein on twitter.

Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2009, 06:40:15 PM »

Lol, it was deffo Friday ... Cheesy
pez102

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »

the moment of the tournament was when john eames busted.  " taxi for john..... taxi for john" was announced  literally 5 seconds after he busted lol, was pretty com.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2009, 05:53:58 PM »

get on with it Smiley

Blue text
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: