blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:10:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505677 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »

Do you provide weekly or monthly screen shots of the profit/loss page ?

Blakey,

As you keep all the football trading in its own separate account and post all the information on here, this is something I think you should do.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »

chris -  most position takers on bf (unless they are insanely successful over a long period of time % wise which is virtually impossible) dont pay the premium charge.  The premium charge has a complex formula but to keep it simple it punishes people who suck money out of th bf system without giving much back in the way of commission (ie green up merchants or people who lay 1000/1 or back 1.01 about things which are already beat/won)  Against popular belief you can be a massive winner on bf and not pay the premium charge if you take positions conversely you can pay the premium winning a relatively small amount of money depending on how you win it.  I know this will sound like double dutch to most people but its actually FACT! 

FYP
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »

Arbboy i stuck up for u but i dont think u understand how "staking" on this thread works. Blatch is selling at 1-1 meaning he gains nothing from other investors other than reducing his commission rate as not everyone wants to play 100 sngs a day on betfair.

Yes i had a 2% account before i was banned from bf.

And not everything in life is about ev. I bet on stuff all the time that i KNOW is a -ev bet. Why? Cos its fun and because i can.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 05:44:34 PM »

U can know NOTHING about football and still have an edge in understanding market movements.

This thread is going downhill rapidly as people dont understand what they are saying/attempting to argue about.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »

Arbboy i stuck up for u but i dont think u understand how "staking" on this thread works. Blatch is selling at 1-1 meaning he gains nothing from other investors other than reducing his commission rate as not everyone wants to play 100 sngs a day on betfair.

And not everything in life is about ev. I bet on stuff all the time that i KNOW is a -ev bet. Why? Cos its fun and because i can.

Yeah this. A lot of people, good and bad poker players, rich and poor ones take non EV gambles. You saw Blatch have a big spin on roulette. So what?

What did u get banned for Dr Dubai?

@GreekStein on twitter.

chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 05:47:23 PM »

Yeah this. A lot of people, good and bad poker players, rich and poor ones take non EV gambles. You saw Blatch have a big spin on roulette. So what?

What did u get banned for Dr Dubai?

Coming 2nd a LOT in sit and go,s

I think
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 05:47:28 PM »

dubai the reason being YOU CAN.  equally you wouldnt ask for staking into a $5/$10k cash game then go and spunk a buy in on one spin of a roulette wheel.  well maybe u would i dont know.

i just thought i would add some balance to the thread because although most of his investors are serious winning poker players they presumably know very little about the football markets.

If i had told the 2 guys who asked me to invest and said yes and then seem the investment manager had missed the biggest gamble of the world cup i wouldnt have been very happy for them.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 05:49:18 PM »

But even with mistakes it doesnt mean its not a good investment. It just means its not an investment that is paying the maximum dividend. Big difference.

Plus the roulette argument is silly. If Blatch has £1k on red every night, he is losing £27. Same as a takeaway. I doubt u would moan at an "investment manager" spending £27 on a takeaway every night.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 05:50:55 PM »

how did the investment managers contacts and information sources all not inform him of the biggest sharp gamble of the world cup?   possibly because he doesnt have any shrewd sources or contacts one would imagine at a guess.  This game was absolutely perfect for the pre match greening up army and the guy misses out.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 05:53:24 PM »

He did say it was a mistake but he was out. Money aint everything and life has other priorities but as I said it doesnt make it a bad investment. It just makes it a non profit maximizing one- but life comes before money and not everything is as black and white as maximizing EV
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 05:53:33 PM »

how did the investment managers contacts and information sources all not inform him of the biggest sharp gamble of the world cup?   possibly because he doesnt have any shrewd sources or contacts one would imagine at a guess.  This game was absolutely perfect for the pre match greening up army and the guy misses out.

we're not paying for his service though.

He's doing it for free so we aren't entitled to complain if he misses out on one trade etc

@GreekStein on twitter.

chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 05:56:45 PM »

arrboy if what you say is true then you obviously have good info and are doing very well from it.

Blatch from the start has said this was an experiment/punt that he wanted to try over the year and this was made clear to all investors at the start. (I have not invested)

The trading got off to an unbelievable start that could not be sustained, but over the year Blatch has still shown a healthy profit doing something that is not easy.

Of course there will allways be somebody in the market with better information and skills than you but there is still a profit to be made for someone like Blatch.

This is not an investment for your pension but one for spare speculative cash.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 06:24:01 PM »

Blatch is the king of scams.

All hail.

And arbboy where is your thread making people money for free and betting on every game because you don't have any time for yourself when you work for free for other people? Also most of your gripes were answered before any money changed hands.
maryhadalamb

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 06:27:04 PM »

I don't think the msn conversation is that relevant tbh, however, as someone who know nothing about this field I was interested to read about the Korea/Greece situation. I understand that this isn't a fulltime interest for Blatch, but the holidays/pokerevents etc must be cutting into the EV significantly, however, as others have stated, he's not charging a premium.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:29:14 PM by maryhadalamb » Logged

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 06:27:30 PM »

Hope Blatch goes on a mad run of "+'s" as a comeback
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: