blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:42:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 508259 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2010, 04:10:04 AM »

I refer you to my previous response. The one about staking and begging not always being synonymous.

This is discourse this is. I am not indicted, you are not a grand jury, and even if I was and you were, I could plead the 5th ammendment.

This isn't even America dude so wtf

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2010, 04:12:47 AM »

if u were a professional investor of any kind why would u go to the bank (ie staker) and give him a big chunk of ur profit in interest if u were rolled to play the game comfortably which any genuine pro punter on betfair would be?  simple answer is you wouldnt. 
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2010, 04:19:41 AM »

Simple answers are good, especially for simple people.

More complicated answers would include

- for the craic
- motivational factors
- psychological temporal nit factors (don't want to be down on that particular day/week/month)
- money being tied up in assets, or some sort of arb thing
- not having cash on you
- building relationships
- etc etc

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2010, 04:21:49 AM »

arra there's loads of people "backed" or staked. Just cos the game is soft doesn't mean you can't lose. Neil is obv selling some to even out the variance. Have you NEVER EVER had a losing trade? Or a prolonged period time where you've lost money. Seems to me there's more this then meets the eye. Have you met Neil before?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2010, 04:25:15 AM »

if u were a professional investor of any kind why would u go to the bank (ie staker) and give him a big chunk of ur profit in interest if u were rolled to play the game comfortably which any genuine pro punter on betfair would be?  simple answer is you wouldnt. 

Yr argument is so so flawed. Do you actually play much live poker at all?

A great deal of the poker community is staked, including some that don't even need to be staked, they just feel more comfortable that way.

It's called being a roll nit, just been cautious with your own money while often making money for friends.

I mean you sold your betfair package at a loss, why didn't you just ask one of your many many influential friends to take it off you for hardly any loss?

Seriously mate you talk a great deal of sense in regards to football trading, but a lot of the other stuff spewing from your posts is just that, spews.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2010, 04:25:42 AM »

lmao - you have to be taking the pi s s here surely.  The guy is a full time pro punter.  

- for the craic - you ask for staking for the 'craic'?  please talk me through that one
- motivational factors - how does being staked motivate u when u give 40/50% of ur profilts to someone else when u could easily roll urself into the game urself and keep 100% providing u have the funds
- psychological temporal nit factors (don't want to be down on that particular day/week/month) - never met a long term successful punter who worries about this
- money being tied up in assets, or some sort of arb thing - a pro punter only has one tool of his trade (cash) very rare for this to happen although in exceptional circumstances it can - dont really think this is the case going to vegas for the summer
- not having cash on you - why would a pro punter go to vegas without a suitable amount of cash to play a 'very soft' cash game?
- building relationships - now u really are taking the pis s
- etc etc
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2010, 04:28:25 AM »

lmao - you have to be taking the pi s s here surely.  The guy is a full time pro punter.  

- for the craic - you ask for staking for the 'craic'?  please talk me through that one
- motivational factors - how does being staked motivate u when u give 40/50% of ur profilts to someone else when u could easily roll urself into the game urself and keep 100% providing u have the funds
- psychological temporal nit factors (don't want to be down on that particular day/week/month) - never met a long term successful punter who worries about this
- money being tied up in assets, or some sort of arb thing - a pro punter only has one tool of his trade (cash) very rare for this to happen although in exceptional circumstances it can - dont really think this is the case going to vegas for the summer
- not having cash on you - why would a pro punter go to vegas without a suitable amount of cash to play a 'very soft' cash game?
- etc etc

Mark this is obv something personal- u are making assumptions on someone elses life/finances. It's obv personal. Quite frankly you're reasoned argument has just turned into a personal attack and you're starting to look quite silly

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2010, 04:33:54 AM »

- etc etc

Wow just realised arrboy has posted like 48 posts mostly in a day. Good luck buddy, just another 252 odd and u can go on the staking board and see if you can get some staking yourself!

He's good at putting ppl on tilt from his chat, dunno about his play tho...
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2010, 04:35:34 AM »

how am i looking silly?  i am 100% self rolled and self made from zero.  I dont claim to be a pro punter on betfair then state i need staking for virtually anything that moves into games which u could comfortably play with a £25k roll.  I am taking a stab in the dark here but i know more professional sports bettors on bf than anyone on here and i know none of them have a liquid cash roll of less than £25k,  therefore everyone i know (whos primary income like the investment manager is on betfair which he stated) could easily play the game without staking.  if its so soft why do you want to give away your action if u gamble for a living and the game is easily within ur roll?  it really doesnt make any sense unless its not within ur roll and u will be pushing urself to play the game.  surely its the sorta spot u dream of finding.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2010, 04:40:21 AM »

This guy doesn't seem to think too much of you?

http://punterzpoker.blogspot.com/2009/01/arbboy-cheat.html

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2010, 04:41:37 AM »

This guy doesn't seem to think too much of you?

http://punterzpoker.blogspot.com/2009/01/arbboy-cheat.html

lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2010, 04:43:29 AM »

another fan of yours:

Talking of retards lets have a couple of hand histories involving everyone favourite idiot, Ardonkey...

***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 641716953 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $330 Buy-in + $10 Entry Fee, Level:4 Blinds(50/100-(no ante)) - Tuesday, January 26, 22:45:57 GMT 2010
$330+$10 Turbo NL Hold'em #3759824
Table 1 6-max (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of active players : 4
Seat 1: YSOSERIOUS ( 700 )
Seat 2: fossilman ( 1,712.50 )
Seat 4: Hops ( 5,407.50 )
Seat 6: arbboy ( 1,180 )
Tourney Level:4 Blinds(50/100-(no ante))
YSOSERIOUS posts small blind [50]
fossilman posts big blind [100]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to YSOSERIOUS [ , ]
Hops folds
arbboy raises to [262.50]
YSOSERIOUS folds
fossilman raises to [720]
arbboy calls [457.50]
** Dealing Flop ** [ , , ]
fossilman checks
arbboy checks
** Dealing Turn ** [ ]
fossilman checks
arbboy checks
** Dealing River ** [ ]
fossilman goes all-in
fossilman bets [992.50]
arbboy calls [460]
arbboy goes all-in
Returning uncalled bet [532.50] to fossilman
** Showdown **
fossilman shows [ , ] a pair of Queens
arbboy shows [ , ] a straight, Queen to Eight
** Hand Conclusion **
arbboy wins 2,410 from main pot with a straight, Queen to Eight
************ Game 641716953 ends ************

***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 642017654 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee, Level:1 Blinds(10/20-(no ante)) - Wednesday, January 27, 15:35:25 GMT 2010
$100+$5 NL Hold'em #3764551
Table 1 2-max (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of active players : 2
Seat 1: arbboy ( 1,360 )
Seat 2: MrKangaroo ( 1,640 )
Tourney Level:1 Blinds(10/20-(no ante))
MrKangaroo posts small blind [10]
arbboy posts big blind [20]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to MrKangaroo [ , ]
MrKangaroo raises to [40]
arbboy raises to [120]
MrKangaroo calls [80]
** Dealing Flop ** [ , , As ]
arbboy checks
MrKangaroo checks
** Dealing Turn ** [ ]
arbboy checks
MrKangaroo checks
** Dealing River ** [ ]
arbboy checks
MrKangaroo checks
** Showdown **
arbboy shows [ , three clubs ] two pair, Aces and Tens
MrKangaroo mucks [ , ]
** Hand Conclusion **
arbboy wins 240 from main pot with two pair, Aces and Tens
************ Game 642017654 ends ************

***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 642020314 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee, Level:2 Blinds(15/30-(no ante)) - Wednesday, January 27, 15:41:06 GMT 2010
$100+$5 NL Hold'em #3764551
Table 1 2-max (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of active players : 2
Seat 1: arbboy ( 1,730 )
Seat 2: MrKangaroo ( 1,270 )
Tourney Level:2 Blinds(15/30-(no ante))
MrKangaroo posts small blind [15]
arbboy posts big blind [30]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to MrKangaroo [ , ]
MrKangaroo raises to [90]
arbboy goes all-in
arbboy raises to [1,730]
MrKangaroo folds
Returning uncalled bet [1,640] to arbboy
arbboy shows [ , ]
** Hand Conclusion **
arbboy wins 180 from main pot
************ Game 642020314 ends ************

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2010, 04:44:15 AM »

- etc etc

If you don't understand 'for the craic' in the context of a holiday in Vegas. then I don't know where to start with you.

You are obviously wired in a very poundshillingpence centric way and happy days more power to you.

The problem is that you seem to be projecting your priorities and world view, how you're wired, onto everyone else. Assuming that they operate the way you operate.

It leads you to a lot of conclusions (and you seem very sure about them) but they are are based on a scant amount of dodgy evidence may well be wrong. (ie Blatch is busto, Blatch can't trade, Blatch is a liar, etc)

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2010, 04:51:26 AM »

1 how am i looking silly?  i am 100% self rolled and self made from zero.  I dont claim to be a pro punter on betfair then state i need staking for virtually anything that moves into games which u could comfortably play with a £25k roll.  I am taking a stab in the dark here but i 2 know more professional sports bettors on bf than anyone on here and i know none of them have a liquid cash roll of less than £25k,  therefore everyone i know (whos primary income like the investment manager is on betfair which he stated) could easily play the game without staking.  3 if its so soft why do you want to give away your action if u gamble for a living and the game is easily within ur roll?  it really doesnt make any sense unless its not within ur roll and u will be pushing urself to play the game.  surely its the sorta spot u dream of finding.

(1) Because you keep going and on and on, droaning endlessley over the same tired old points. Let blatch reply before you bitch for england.

(2) Wow you really love yrslf don't you.

(3) Like you said in a prev post, prob due to having cash tied up in assets elsewhere, and really how on earth is this yr business?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2010, 04:59:47 AM »

Think I shut him up.

weeeeeeeeeeeee

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: