blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:46:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424809 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: April 30, 2012, 02:26:13 AM »

So we get back from the break with great moral, unfortunately Alex busted quite quickly after dinner but I was continuing to chip up. It was now the last level of the day and blinds were 400/800 it folded to my cut off and I made sure the tilting guy from the a7 hand saw that I looked at the dead button before raising to 1800 with ah ac. He called and the big blind got out the way, flop was As and he led for 1600, after our previous hand I was 100000% sure he didn't have a flush draw, I actually thought he had nothing, maybe or something, I called after 12 seconds or so hoping that he would continue to barrel.

Turn was and he checked quickly, I'd planned to check back hoping that  he would hit a pair on the river and I could get another street vs what I thought was just a give up. River was qd completing the rainbow board and giving any ace x a queen kicker. He bet out 6k and I raised 18k more, he then ranked for like 4 mins and after 2 mjns he asked me how much I had left before raises another 25k+ I had 12k behind and called after 6 seconds or so as I thought he could be levelling with the split pot stuff as we both checked turn and my range should be capped
Whilst he could have a lot of value combos still, he had 66 and probation the coldest deck in my life, I was 30mobs from coming back to the softest comp I've ever played in with an amazing stack and feeling on top of my game to having 10bigs. I was really really gutted and I think the other guys saw it on me back at the villa where I was just really really down.

As mentioned in the previous blogs I work full tone and don't have shots on a regular basis to go really deep in big tournaments so busting in this fashion completely destroyed my moral and made me want to come back home and be grateful I dont play this stupid game for a living...

Tbc

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: April 30, 2012, 06:47:33 AM »

Get the rest up, good read .

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: April 30, 2012, 11:03:49 AM »

nice nice, looking forward to the rest where morale is severely increased!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: April 30, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »

So onto the next tournament which was the Everest Open, I think this was perhaps the worst performance of the trip. The day started with everybody chilling by the pool all day, we had food, talked alot and moral was slowly rising. I went down a little bit early and Plinton, Dan Morgan and my % all had good stacks, so was looking forward to railing for a while.

There is a girl I work with called Yulia, she was put into the tournament by PokerStrategy but she had never played poker before, it was of course very daunting for her as the Spanish guys are very very loud and slam the table alot etc. It was really fun seeing her deep in a major tournament and I know she told Ingrid afterwards that she totally caught the bug and was now addicted, you can follow her on Twitter, #TeamYulia and she eventually went on to cash for around 5000e iirc.

Anyway Everest Cup starts and my table draw is ok, Ben Dobson is on my left and a few Spanish whales on my right, one in particular was making it like 8/9x pre and just doing really ridiculous stuff. The hyper aggressive guy limps (lol) I limp the btn with  , French nit makes it 3x from the SB, Ben Dobson overcalls quite slowly, i.e he didn't snap so straight away thouhgt he had a marginal spot with suited connectors which he was working out if he should play or not or perhaps a hand he didn't want to 4b/fold like JJ, the Spanish whale calls and I call from the btn. The initial raiser checked a  two spades flop, Ben led and at this point I think folding for me is really ok, I have a flush draw yest, but I don't expect too much implied action from Ben, whilst quite the reverse could occur and I could lose vs higher flushes on later streets. Anyway we flick in the call because we have 4 of the same colour and are in position and Ben fires again on the Ace turn. I now pick up straight draw outs and when Ben bets I decide to call with the intention of perhaps raising on the river.

The river brings  and completing the  Two Diamonds board, from his overcall range pre flop, I initially estimated that I thought his range was  "suited connectors which he was working out if he should play or not or perhaps a hand he didn't want to 4b/fold like JJ" from this I thought when he bet the river he would find it virtually impossible to call a river jam unless he had Axhh, when he bets the river I have the nut low so can't call, but when I raise I fold out all of his air that is beating me, hands like JJ/1010 that he led the flop for value with and Qx that he was valuebetting otr. I took around 80 seconds to jam which I think is actually quite strong and he snapped me off with AQ. I think from my reads pre flop this is probably the only hand that he can call with OTR except Axhh, and although I don't rep much A4hh otr is definitely a sigh call if not fold for him imo. It might come across as spew, but I had logical sense for the play and would definitely consider jamming the river if put in the same spot again, although I would probably fold the flop if possible.

So thats 0/3 for the trip so far...

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: April 30, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »

when he bets the river I have the nut low so can't call, but when I raise I fold out all of his air that is beating me

If you're really the best in the business, you call the river and wait for him fold face up. Cheesy

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: April 30, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »

when he bets the river I have the nut low so can't call, but when I raise I fold out all of his air that is beating me

If you're really the best in the business, you call the river and wait for him fold face up. Cheesy

Lol, we had just discussed the bluff-call as somebody had done something similar accidently, so thought it would be too FPS giving the situation, but definitely thought about it Cheesy

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: April 30, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »

I heard Matt Russell was coming and after a long day at work I initially assumed for like 2 hours that pete linton was Stuart Hopkin lol.

Awesome!

I'm just like Pete, expect not as tall, add some weight and take away the poker skills ;-)
I probs smile a little bit more too!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 01, 2012, 01:45:41 AM »

So we went into the next tournament trying to get a flag. It was the Spanish open, I grinder hard for the first 4 levels and managed to get a nice stack by the dinner break including a king high call on the river where I was certain he had a missed sd. So morale huge going into the break I buy dan Morgan dinner at the bar and buy everybody a drink trying to keep karma alive...

So table when I get back is Monda on my right and the posh one on my left. Meh, really soft tournament and I get these two, anyway plodded on and started to grind with great enthusiasm. Initially I raise/call 17 bigs with 88 and I am up against 33 who finds a chop after the a q k flop.. Marvvv.. Alex in the meantime doubles and then doubles again in quite good spots vs our favourite skandi... Next hand I r/call 20ish bigs vs him with qq and he pings a jack on the river.

Our tble gets broken and I won 3 big non showdown pots on new table to put me in top 5 again. A cd 5b with kk, a 4bet jam with 99 and 108 in 3bet pot where I continued a bluff until I found a pair and was good..

My image at this point was insane, I then lost 99 v a8 for 25bigs each, 1010 v kj and the. Ak of the suited
Variety vs qq. The average was 42k and I had lost over 200k worth of pots to different guys throughout the last hour, I eventually bust a2s vj3s. I was absolutely steamed I genuinely thought I'd played 9/10 poker for te whole trip and felt mentally destroyed. Once again I went home and was really down, some of the guys saw it on me and I informed then that Pleno1 the poker geek, hand history extraordinaire no longer #lovedthegame

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 01, 2012, 02:57:27 AM »

Pads saying he didn't lovethegame anymore shocked me nearly as much as when he informed me and beaneh that he'd never had:  a bacon sandwich, brown sauce, a hot drink and some other insane things that I still think was a level.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1584 on: May 01, 2012, 02:14:50 PM »

Pads saying he didn't lovethegame anymore shocked me nearly as much as when he informed me and beaneh that he'd never had:  a bacon sandwich, brown sauce, a hot drink and some other insane things that I still think was a level.

yeah those conversations must all be a level, I was thinking of doing a PHA thread with just pictures of all the different food stuffs he'd claimed to never have tried.

absolutely ridic.

Also you cant beat the geeky villa, where at 4.30 with a room full of smashed to feck people Pads will be discussing a hand history at 600/1200/100ra and be all like so we open to 2600 with 2x1k 1x500 2x100 we use a slight bit of clockwise spin and a back of the wrist throwing style.............

IT'S 5AM FFS STOP WITH THE HAND HISTORIES
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 01, 2012, 02:20:47 PM »

yeah those conversations must all be a level, I was thinking of doing a PHA thread with just pictures of all the different food stuffs he'd claimed to never have tried.

absolutely ridic.

Also you cant beat the geeky villa, where at 4.30 with a room full of smashed to feck people Pads will be discussing a hand history at 600/1200/100ra and be all like so we open to 2600 with 2x1k 1x500 2x100 we use a slight bit of clockwise spin and a back of the wrist throwing style.............

IT'S 5AM FFS STOP WITH THE HAND HISTORIES

Incredible paraphrasing!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1586 on: May 01, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »

I shit you not, 5am even the Beaneh is pissed and Pads is wanting to discuss in depth a million hands AND the denomination of chips you've made your bet with. The kid just wont stop, I thought I was bad!!!!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 01, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »

O the next day was a double final table day, Alex was in the Spanish open whilst Peter Linton was in the main. The banter on the rails was incredie, the Spanish rail was an embarrassment and I don't think the locals had seen a rowdy British rail before.

Some of my favourite chants, mainly started by dmorgan

Pete Linton is magic he wears a magic hat
And when he was the Spanish fish he said I'm avinnnn that

When they got heads up..

Dutchie Dutchie give him a walk

Tall anon tall anln tall anonnnnn

Ray was pretty comedy whilst San was evidently thinking hard about new possible chants, ray would simply shout lintonnnnn, lintonnnnn much like he obviously sang shearerrrrr shearerrrrrr years previously. Don't think anybody noticed it but I was on stitches. Pete eventually got an amazing deal IMO and whilst negotiations were going on the td came over to the final 2 saying they'd start without then, Pete wished him the very best of luck for that.

With 5 mins left to reg for the bounty and all the guys going on the piss, I decided to co tongue the grind and make sure I got a flag. With around 80 entrants it was a slightly smaller field. My first table was a lot ofspanish fish, two skandis and Ben Dobson. I was down to 3k from the initial 12k starting stacked was starting to wish I had continued drinking with te guys.

People came chasing for my bounty and I eventually got a decent stack. With around 30 people left and only 4 hours  played the td announced we'd finish at midnight and continue tomorrow, initially I was pissed.
As I was planning on going out and waking up with a hangover (my first drink of the week) but I had a nice stack and was 3/21 coming back for day 2.

There was a realllllly creepy Irish guy stalking is for the majority of the trip, we got in a taxi and he basically got in trying to join us going into baby's. Nick the guy I was going into Banus with really got creeped
By this guy and told him we were going home, we get into the taxi and ask for linekars... We get to the bar, reach the guys in the bar and 2 minutes later the Irish guy turned uP at our table, was pretty embarrassing for us, felt quite bad but you have to be there tO understand I guess.. We end uP in a good club, music is great and company is perfect, night ends and we wake uP in the morning with a headache and a day 2....

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 02, 2012, 12:21:29 AM »

decided to play a big scoop package, around 5.5k worth of events, sold some to some blondes, feel good about it.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 02, 2012, 12:48:32 AM »

decided to play a big scoop package, around 5.5k worth of events, sold some to some blondes, feel good about it.

Sched ?

GLGLGLGL.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: