blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:43:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 488099 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: November 10, 2016, 12:03:00 PM »

would signing Antoine Griezmann, mooted for January, excite you?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: November 10, 2016, 06:40:32 PM »

Signing David Moyes excited them.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: December 05, 2016, 02:11:25 PM »

We were awful yesterday. Performances since the Chelsea game have been very encouraging and have been enjoyable to watch even if the results haven't been great. Yesterday had a bit of the LVG feels about it. Feels like every game is a must win now, which is depressing in November.

This is ridic as well. Nothing going on in this mans head.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: December 05, 2016, 02:36:17 PM »

We were awful yesterday. Performances since the Chelsea game have been very encouraging and have been enjoyable to watch even if the results haven't been great. Yesterday had a bit of the LVG feels about it. Feels like every game is a must win now, which is depressing in November.

This is ridic as well. Nothing going on in this mans head.

The rules of the game are absurd.  Due to the ref missing it there is no ban for this horror challenge yet Pereyra gets a 3 game ban because the ref saw him wave a handbag at McClean!
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: December 12, 2016, 04:31:38 PM »

Was pretty nice to hold out ftw for a change yesterday. Still not able to finish off teams though despite having a few good chances. Really going to hurt us in the long run if this remains the case. Mkhitaryan's touch and finish for the goal were sublime, Herrera and Pogba were great as usual and Rojo and Jones (bizarrely) are really starting to create a solid partnership. Be nice to see Jones stay fit for the rest of the season, think him and Bailly could form a great partnership. Only 6 and 7 points behind City and Liverpool which is very fortunate given recent results, however goal difference is letting us down again for the 4th season in a row. Couple of tough away games next up, really need to have full concentration here and be lethal at finishing to get 6 points,
St Etienne in the Europa, haven't seen them play in years but not too far to travel. Think they're 8th in Ligue and struggling to score. Be great if we can put a few past them at home to set up a relatively straight forward 2nd leg before the Manchester derby 3 days later.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: January 18, 2017, 06:38:59 PM »

Looks like Depay is on his way out of OT. Pretty disappointed overall, not that he's leaving, but that he never even came close to fulfilling his potential. His decision making is horrific and he always seems to be playing with his head down. Seems like he needs a cuddle and a bit of guidance. He def wsn't going to get that from LVG or Jose (maybe Fergie would have been better), but hope he gets it at Lyon and starts playing regularly again.
Scheiderlin also gone to Everton. If you asked me to name a game he even played in, let alone made an impression I couldn't tell you. Very under whelming signing. Think these 2 sum up United in the last few seasons. Didn't really do much and won't be missed.
Griezmann links hotting up again today with a few notables saying it's done verbally, whatever that means. Pretty meh on him tbh. Going to cause a lot of formation problems and he'll def be in at the expense of someone, most likely Martial, which is criminal in my view.
Game on Sunday was awful. Not finishing chances is the theme of this season and is going to cost us so bad. Mkhitaryan should have buried his chance (although was a decent save), Pogba should have buried his (target would have been nice) and Martial should have buried his (kicking the ball would have been nice). Pogba had his worst game for us, he's been exceptional the last few months so was pretty funny to see people's reactions. He tries to hard at the best of times and giving away the penalty just made it worse. Thought Liverpool were excellent pressing and gave us real trouble at set pieces. Think with Mane in the team they would have scored on the counter. They had a fair few counters but didn't really create anything from them which I didn't expect.
 Next 4 or so weeks we've got a great run of games and all the teams above us play each other. Gotta win em all and we'll be at least 3rd. Arsenal away and Spurs away 2 of the last 3 games of the season is going to be crunch. I really don't fancy us if we need wins from these games. We're terrible at breaking teams down and even when we do we're just not putting the chances away.
Still in all 4 comps which is nice. Hope Southampton beat Pool as I think they'll def beat us in a one off game. Europa league looks best bet, with only Spurs the real threat. They're better than us but never show up. Villareal would be the worst match in history. 0-0 0-0 penalties written all over it. Haven't seen or even heard of a lot of the other teams so with 5 really good teams above us in the league atm it seems like we should be taking it very seriously.
Shaw is back fit, think this next 4 months is crucial for him as a United player. Jose doesn't seem to like him and with his historical fitness problems can't see that changing. If Darmian is still playing left back for the Europa league game vs St Etienne I think we can probably gg his United career.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: January 18, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »

Bit harsh on Martial. The pass from Mik was awful in every possible way - too late, too hard, misdirected. Really should have been rolling it into an open net but was instead made to try a backheel on a ball travelling at massive pace.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: January 19, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »

Looks like Depay is on his way out of OT. Pretty disappointed overall, not that he's leaving, but that he never even came close to fulfilling his potential. His decision making is horrific and he always seems to be playing with his head down. Seems like he needs a cuddle and a bit of guidance. He def wsn't going to get that from LVG or Jose (maybe Fergie would have been better), but hope he gets it at Lyon and starts playing regularly again.
Scheiderlin also gone to Everton. If you asked me to name a game he even played in, let alone made an impression I couldn't tell you. Very under whelming signing. Think these 2 sum up United in the last few seasons. Didn't really do much and won't be missed.
Griezmann links hotting up again today with a few notables saying it's done verbally, whatever that means. Pretty meh on him tbh. Going to cause a lot of formation problems and he'll def be in at the expense of someone, most likely Martial, which is criminal in my view.
Game on Sunday was awful. Not finishing chances is the theme of this season and is going to cost us so bad. Mkhitaryan should have buried his chance (although was a decent save), Pogba should have buried his (target would have been nice) and Martial should have buried his (kicking the ball would have been nice). Pogba had his worst game for us, he's been exceptional the last few months so was pretty funny to see people's reactions. He tries to hard at the best of times and giving away the penalty just made it worse. Thought Liverpool were excellent pressing and gave us real trouble at set pieces. Think with Mane in the team they would have scored on the counter. They had a fair few counters but didn't really create anything from them which I didn't expect.
 Next 4 or so weeks we've got a great run of games and all the teams above us play each other. Gotta win em all and we'll be at least 3rd. Arsenal away and Spurs away 2 of the last 3 games of the season is going to be crunch. I really don't fancy us if we need wins from these games. We're terrible at breaking teams down and even when we do we're just not putting the chances away.
Still in all 4 comps which is nice. Hope Southampton beat Pool as I think they'll def beat us in a one off game. Europa league looks best bet, with only Spurs the real threat. They're better than us but never show up. Villareal would be the worst match in history. 0-0 0-0 penalties written all over it. Haven't seen or even heard of a lot of the other teams so with 5 really good teams above us in the league atm it seems like we should be taking it very seriously.
Shaw is back fit, think this next 4 months is crucial for him as a United player. Jose doesn't seem to like him and with his historical fitness problems can't see that changing. If Darmian is still playing left back for the Europa league game vs St Etienne I think we can probably gg his United career.

Not sure I approve of this post. Far too much understatement and not enough hyperbole and entitlement.  Or is this the new mind set of the average United  supporter after 3 years of relative dross and failure post-Ferguson and recognition of the new Manchester order? Come on, give us something to get our teeth into Smiley
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: January 19, 2017, 04:52:21 PM »

Peps a bald *****.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: January 19, 2017, 04:52:32 PM »

20 times
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: January 19, 2017, 05:23:55 PM »

Not sure I approve of this post. Far too much understatement and not enough hyperbole and entitlement.  Or is this the new mind set of the average United  supporter after 3 years of relative dross and failure post-Ferguson and recognition of the new Manchester order? Come on, give us something to get our teeth into Smiley

Tbf I don't think a lot of United fans are too disappointed with the situation we're in now at the minute. We're only 5 points from 2nd and still in all 4 competitions. The football has been a million times better than the last couple of years, there seems to be an actual plan. Even if the plan is spend tons and rebuild again, no one is complaining with Pogba and co coming in. As long as we're on top of the financials and signing top players no ones arsed if we have to play Europa league for a couple of seasons, as we're not good enough to get anywhere near winning the CL and we've had 25 years of getting to QF,SF,finals etc. The football is better and more positive so it would take maybe 2-3 more years of stagnating around top 6 for people to get worried.
You get a ridic amount of schadenfreude as a United fan as well to keep you happy. Everyone hates you and there are a lot of clubs expecting things. Liverpool blowing a 1-0 lead in the 2nd half of the Europa league final was better than winning the FA cup by some margin. And Gerrard slipping and costing them the title after saying lets not let this slip was infinitely better than the Moyes season was bad. This season we've got the Pep circus, Arsenal fan TV and the incoming scouser heartbreak so we can't really complain. 
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: January 19, 2017, 09:24:42 PM »

You get a ridic amount of schadenfreude as a United fan as well to keep you happy. Everyone hates you and there are a lot of clubs expecting things. Liverpool blowing a 1-0 lead in the 2nd half of the Europa league final was better than winning the FA cup by some margin. And Gerrard slipping and costing them the title after saying lets not let this slip was infinitely better than the Moyes season was bad. This season we've got the Pep circus, Arsenal fan TV and the incoming scouser heartbreak so we can't really complain. 

Love this, really sums up what being a proper fan is all about.

As an Arsenal fan I identify with this more than any thing else I've read in all the footie posts I've ever read on blonde.

sola virtus nobilitat
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: January 19, 2017, 09:35:43 PM »

Id agree that United fans are "happy" at the moment, the football is better and there is progress after 3 years of dross.

I would say all of the top 6 apart from Chelsea are much of a muchness at the moment.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: January 20, 2017, 12:16:24 AM »

Love this, really sums up what being a proper fan is all about.

As an Arsenal fan I identify with this more than any thing else I've read in all the footie posts I've ever read on blonde.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: January 20, 2017, 11:01:08 AM »

Man Utd work on £86m Antoine Griezmann deal, as Atletico Madrid say they won't stand in player's way

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/19/man-utd-working-86-million-antoine-griezmann-deal-atletico-madrid/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: